Pro Wrestling Only

Smackdown 01-08 Did You Get It?

Exposer

Okay, I've cracked because I've always wanted to know the answer to this, but who here actually got Smackdown when it aired from 2001 to 2008? Chattanooga didn't have a UPN or CW affiliate for years and we ended up getting it late Saturday evenings on the local Fox affiliate. However, that was an off and on trend for a few years including the show landing in different time slots. It stayed it's course from about early 06 until the transition to My Network TV though. This had to have happened to others right? If you didn't get SD when it aired, when did you? Did it change from time to time? I'm curious is all. It used to drive me insane that we didn't get Smackdown with favorites like Eddie and Rey when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure my cousin stumbled upon it by accident on a Saturday once. We were thrilled.

Definitely didn't have UPN here at home, or at my college (both in Iowa) in the early years. During Summer 2001 when I was home, during the Invasion I found it at midnight on one of our local affiliates. Maybe it had been there the whole time and I just didn't know though. I honestly had never heard of UPN until Smackdown started.

I always had access to Smackdown, no matter part of NY I lived in, even when the original pilot aired in 1999. The only issue I ever knew of was when station cut away from the Jericho/Edge cage match (literally less than a minute before the finish, since Edge was already perched on top and was just getting ready to do the spear).

I just had network TV in Tulsa, Oklahoma and had access to Smackdown that whole time. Since I didn't have cable that was the only wrestling I was able to watch at my own house as a teenager. It was always on Thursdays at 7 until it switched Cable/Satellite. Actually I think it switched to Fridays towards the end. Don't remember exactly.

I've always had Smackdown! I saw the pilot episode and the first actual episode (with theme music, setting, etc.). Smackdown was always attainable. As for a WWE show that I never got- Shotgun Saturday Night.

Always had Smackdown here in Sacramento. We also never got Shotgun Saturday Night.

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have access to Smackdown in the latter half of the 00s, because Smackdown in the latter half of the 00s was amazing. It started beating the crap out of Raw for quality matches by the end of 2005, and from late 2007-09 it was in such a groove as a real alternative to McMahons Millions/Guest Host/bullshit era Raw, because the brands were largely separate still, there was so much less bullshit on SD and you were always guaranteed like at least one really good match per week.

Smackdown was my favourite show for so long. The death of the brand split killed me.