Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2016

Death From Above

I agree Roman going coast to coast for the win is the worst thing they could do. I think they may let an underdog(aka anyone but Roman, Brock, or HHH) win, but that person will lose the belt before Mania. Ambrose could win the Rumble, and drop the belt in a massacre to Brock at Fastlane setting up Brock vs Roman 2.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with Roman and don't mind if they put the title back on him as soon as Fastlane...

with that said I think the best thing they can do is swerve everyone by having Roman get eliminated early. The rest of the match would be so intense from that point on because the outcome really would become pretty unpredictable.

I'm excited for the Rumble, but also dreading it in a way. Roman set up to enter at #1 and has to win to retain reeks of the '99 Rumble. There's no way he can work 45-50 minutes. Either he does and bombs, he spends a good portion of the match out of the match (ie stretchered out but not eliminated), or he goes out early. There's a lot of opportunity to overbook here.

The more I think about this, the more I think Lesnar winning the Rumble would be the best idea. Reigns comes in first, fights off everybody and HHH, with The Authority conspires to eliminate him and after that, you're left with Lesnar facing the odds. Maybe against the 4 Wyatt members; Lesnar fights them off, wins the Rumble, wins the belt. At Fast Lane, it's Reigns/HHH; if Reigns wins, he gets the shot at Lesnar. Maybe you do Heyman promos where he brings up last year's Mania, he talks about how Roman deserves the shot. Reigns beats HHH, Reigns beats Lesnar at Mania and we all have a great time. Probably.

That took me 30 seconds and I think that is way more interesting than HHH winning and more shows where the heel champ comes through

They have to know that Reigns winning from #1 and retaining the title will erase any good will he has finally built up with the audience....right?

My prediction: Hunter takes Reigns out somewhere in the middle of the match (whether he is an official entrant or not doesn't matter) Final 4 are Lesnar, Wyatt, Strowman, and Harper. Brock dumps Harper, Brock powers Strowman over the top rope, only to be blindsided and eliminated by Wyatt.

Fastlane is Wyatt vs Lesnar for the title, and Reigns has to beat HHH to get a shot at the belt. Then you do Lesnar/Reigns 2 at Mania, with Reigns getting the win and the belt.

Unfortunately if I'm booking it with a Vince McMahon/HHH mind set.

HHH wins the title, so Roman has to chase for belt before he's anointed at wrestlemaina.

Also you can see HHH would love the idea, of doing what his idle did in 92.

Wouldn't surprise me if HHH comes in at number 2 so in his mind, him and Roman can have an epic battle throughout whole rumble.

(probably number 3 thinking about it, with The Big Show number 2)

As for undertaker, him and brock team up in the Rumble to take on the Wyatt family, if sting healthy by then, he could be the third man or more likely it end up a handicap match at mania.

I'm guessing AJ Styles will get pared with Alberto Del Rio.

Its so fucked. The title is meaningless. I'm looking forward to the Rumble just because its the Rumble and its free and Better Call Saul and GOT aren't back yet. First problem, 15 people on the current roster are "former World Champions" 15!!!!! Its like youth sports where everybody gets a trophy, thus taking away the importance of trophies. Second, 5 of the last 7 champions have lost the championship without being pinned or subimmiting. You can't vacate a title 3 times in two years, and have the champ lose without actually losing on the biggest show two years in a row and it not catch up eventually. If Reigns loses, that makes 6 of the last 8 champions to lose without losing.

Feels like the card is still at least one match short so I kind of expect a throwaway Divas tag match in there too.

Since 2010, RR has had about 4-6 matches for the main card. I'd be surprised if they try and squeeze one more in. Unless of course something runs really short.

WWE has done a really good job protecting the Ambrose/Owens match as that match has only happened once post the title change. Sure they have met in triple threats, tag matches, etc., but its worth noting that they didn't trade wins leading to the blow off. Thank God!

Worse Rumble Winners Possible:

1. HHH

2. Bray Wyatt

3. Roman Reigns

Anyone else will do

For those interested in the betting side, all the money is going towards HHH winning the title, as his odds have become even better than 50% in some circles.

I think the money could be on Bray winning because it would at least set something new up for WM, but Vince probably thinks HHH/Roman up top is his best draw right now.

Which is really sad considering his NXT standing is totally cannibalizing his supposed heel persona. It's like Vince is being doubly ignorant.

Its so fucked. The title is meaningless. I'm looking forward to the Rumble just because its the Rumble and its free and Better Call Saul and GOT aren't back yet. First problem, 15 people on the current roster are "former World Champions" 15!!!!! Its like youth sports where everybody gets a trophy, thus taking away the importance of trophies. Second, 5 of the last 7 champions have lost the championship without being pinned or subimmiting. You can't vacate a title 3 times in two years, and have the champ lose without actually losing on the biggest show two years in a row and it not catch up eventually. If Reigns loses, that makes 6 of the last 8 champions to lose without losing.

Great post.

I hate that they think the idea to build Roman is to have him lose again. Roman should be winning against all challenges (maybe not 29 in one night).

I wonder if Vegas is trying to make it so that Triple H doesn't win? We know Vince likes swerving people when it seems too obvious a certain outcome is coming. Putting Triple H as a 50%+ winner is insane odds for anyone else which Vince might go "They think they know what we're gonna do? Pat! Put Big E. over!"

I wonder if Vegas is trying to make it so that Triple H doesn't win? We know Vince likes swerving people when it seems too obvious a certain outcome is coming. Putting Triple H as a 50%+ winner is insane odds for anyone else which Vince might go "They think they know what we're gonna do? Pat! Put Big E. over!"

I don't think people are purposely losing money to make Vince change the outcome of a match.

I don't think people are purposely losing money to make Vince change the outcome of a match.

Not talking about the bettors individually but the oddsmakers who set the pace. But let's talk about the bettors. They are betting on something that is widely acknowledged to be fixed. They are betting on something where it has long been cautioned "the card subject to change" is a possibility. So they are idiots to bet in the first place but they are also probably not dropping serious coin on it due to its very nature. Think they will be fine.