Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2016

Death From Above

I don't think there is one single outcome of this Rumble match that I would like. Making a newly crowned champion defend the title against 29 contenders is silly.

I guess if Roman retains and then faces people going forward that aren't in the Rumble like AJ, Owens, Ambrose, then maybe it will work.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm sort of in agreement with a combination of Grimmas and Coffey's opinions here. I think it's bad to take the belt of Roman again and I also think making him #1 is a big mistake UNLESS you are taking the belt off him, because I think having him run through 29 guys risks a big backlash, and if you wanted him to defend you'd be better off with him having a later number. It's a strange spot to put themselves in.

Still, I love the Rumble, I hope I enjoy it, but I'm not sure how they get their way out of this one.

Yeah I'm sort of in agreement with a combination of Grimmas and Coffey's opinions here. I think it's bad to take the belt of Roman again and I also think making him #1 is a big mistake UNLESS you are taking the belt off him, because I think having him run through 29 guys risks a big backlash, and if you wanted him to defend you'd be better off with him having a later number. It's a strange spot to put themselves in.

Still, I love the Rumble, I hope I enjoy it, but I'm not sure how they get their way out of this one.

Bullet Club invasion? Daniel Bryan return?

There isn't a lot of options. 2014/2015 had some of the worst booking ever and they are in position to do it again.

Somehow, Daniel Bryan rumors have spread, even though Dave has been as clear as possible that everyone he has spoken to in WWE has told him there are no plans. Because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if people end up disappointed when he's not there and he manages to ruin it for the third consecutive year, despite being pretty removed from the picture. This could all be solved if they would just come out and say "He's never returning" if that is indeed the case.

Silly thoughts:

- Is it possible that Flair somehow finds a way to show up in this, even if it's to eat a quick elimination? Could he even be physically cleared to go?

- If they decide to sidestep Roman/Brock 2 for WM, could Brock end up drawing #2 here and providing a mini-rematch at the beginning of the Rumble to give people a taste of a real rematch at a card later on in the year?

- Would they be incompetent enough to book Daniel Bryan in this thing without letting him win it?

The Rumble provides so many interesting opportunities for great booking and memorable moments, so it seems impossible that they would completely screw this up three years in a row, especially with the belt on the line. This has to be a turnaround year for this event, right?

If you are whole goal is to push Roman Reigns as the man in the company, you would be a moron to put Daniel Bryan in the Rumble. And before you start the "he could help him get over" they tried that last year at this time and it kind of worked but not by much.

There is no ultimate gain in bringing Daniel Bryan for the Rumble except to piss off people or just completely punt the McMahons/Reigns angle which will never happen

The booking of this has already been lousy. Look at where they are coming out of tonight.

If Reigns wins, he not only stays strong, he becomes too strong. The Rumble match is wasted on reinforcing what’s already been accomplished. He comes away looking very overpushed, and gets booed/trashed by tonight’s crowd and future ones, who view him as Cena Pt. 2. Goes into Mania with less appeal than he has now and still likely has to face HHH in a main event that no one wants, either at Fast Lane or Mania.

If HHH wins, it’s terrible, go-away heat leading to a very predictable Reigns win at Mania. Reigns regaining the title at Mania (his third world title win in four months) makes him look like both a stop-and-start stumbling failure and an overpushed company man. Regressive ego trip booking that brings them in April to (at best) where they already are right now. Only worthwhile if the genuine end of the Authority emerges to raise the stakes (highly unlikely).

If Lesnar wins, you likely get Reigns-Lesnar II (good). But Lesnar’s the last guy who needs the title right now, and he would then only hold it for ten weeks. Unless Reigns isn't winning it back at Mania, in which case Reigns again becomes Luger. Reigns-Lesnar II (with my proposed move of Austin as Cowboys Stadium guest ref) looked great two months ago when you could have had Cena-Taker and HHH-Rock underneath it. It looks less great now.

If anyone else wins, it’s a fun surprise, but you likely have a random Sheamus-style chump with your world title. Reigns looks like Luger, the Authority remain top heels, both Vinces (character and booker) look dumb for stacking the deck so hard against Reigns.

The thing that worries me most about Triple H winning the belt is what they decide to do at the next PPV. I mean if Reigns is winning the title at Wrestlemania against Triple H then I can only imagine the bullshit they come up with. Triple H winning tonight and then losing at the next PPV is fine and probably the better option