Pro Wrestling Only

Survival Tobita

Dylan Waco

I'm actually glad somebody nominated him. I love Survival Tobita. He's not making my list but if this was purely "favorites" he'd rank easily.

The rematch against Ken the Box where Ken can't climb into the ring because he's a bunch of boxes ranks highly on the list of "greatest things to ever happen in recorded history" wrestling or otherwise.

So I nominated him, and I guess I should try and explain why. As my list comes together, I'm realizing that being "objective" when it comes to this is virtually impossible. We don't need to rehash that conversation, but I've thought about this enough where I think everyone's list should in some way reflect who they are as a viewer. Survival Tobita is not someone I can honestly come in here and defend as a great wrestler. That would be disingenuous of me. What I can say is I think Tobita in some way defines an aspect of what makes wrestling great. If someone was to ask me to make a three hour long video of everything that is great about pro wrestling, Tobita would be on there ahead of so many people who have been given consideration in this project. I know in my brain that someone like Randy Orton or John Morrison is a better wrestler than him in the strictest sense of the word, but I would rather watch Tobita a hundred times out of a hundred if given the choice. I think that should count for something.

Also, Elliott is right, there is a surprising amount of his stuff on youtube.

• 5 years later...

Survival Tobita has been quite active in the last half a decade. He is now Pro Wrestlings Harmoney Korine and runs those "Unemployment Pro Wrestling" shows which are so seedy and desperate. He a had match against Homeless Jimmy that went over 30 minutes and is a mix of blood, violence, and surreal comedy.