Pro Wrestling Only

American International Wrestling, 1991.

Bierschwale

Okay, so, I've been screwing around with some old fant-booking of a new promotion. In theory, it's for WGN what JCP/WCW was to TBS. Chicago-based promotion, hub and spoke around the Midwest, theoretically taking what was left of the AWA's territory. Trying to market in a more modern way (longer TV matches) but retain aspects that I like, and integrate in concepts of lucha and puro that can stand within an older style. At some point, for example, I want apuestas to be huge show-carrying matches. Just a general bet that fans will like some of the things that we have now.

Talent: Anyone not signed by WCW/WWF, or at least being used by them. Cutting out every other second/third-tier promoter's legs, though. For reality's sake, there's a budget and retaining talent has to be a challenge, at least at first. Every six months contract extensions can be handed out, starting with the first anniversary (May '92). Since it's non-WCW/WWF guys, a solid amount of them have Japanese commitments that I will largely ignore. They can fly in from O'Hare to Tokyo after TV tapings. That's Baba/Inoki/Tenryu's problem. Lucha is similar but without the reliance on Americans, it seems mostly pointless to think about killing RL bookings. If someone leaves a company, I can sign them, but actual poaching of natives from a foreign company is verboten. Real life will be reflected, to an extent. You'll see what I mean, hopefully.

Set up: One hour of weekly TV and major shows every 3-5 weeks. That means about 35 minutes of in-ring a week on a show that gets 50 minutes. All Chicago supercards are blacked out and then released on home video, non-Chicago supercards are televised live like Clashes. That's a big wrinkle to iron out but it'll work itself out... because. Just because.

Everything except the most recent show (which I did a few days ago) is at least a week old, and I'm trying to expand my writing so it's not just barebones results. There are a few dropped ideas that are still written in because it'd be lame to scratch them now.

Looks like you've got a good set up to start things off. I'd encourage you to take a look at the 1983 project and see if it is something you'd like to do. We incorporate all the Japanese dates and other things from real life into the game that you've noted. We are always interested in new members and can help you put together a roster to get going. Let me know if you have any questions...

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/32550-1983-project-guide/

Results for shows airing/happening live from May 18-June 15:
5/18/91
AIW New Day Rising
Odeum Pavilion
Villa Park, IL
1) Fatu & Samu defeat Buddy Landel & Stan Lane via pinfall after Famu/Samu hit a double diving headbutt on Landel (10:34)
2) The Lightning Kid defeats Jerry Lynn via pinfall after a guillotine leg drop (18:10)
3) The Great Kokina defeats Jimmy Backlund via pinfall after a Banzai Drop (5:43)
4) Villano IV & Villano V defeat Blue Panther & Negro Navarro via DQ after Panther hits V4 with a low blow (14:13)
5) Steve Williams defeats Boris Zhukov via pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede (6:34)
6) Owen Hart defeats Chris Benoit via pinfall with a Victory Roll (19:47)
7) Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Cactus Jack ends in a double disqualification (10:51)
8) Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Gilbert vs. Cactus Jack & Terry Gordy ends in a double disqualification (6:12)

9) Rick Rude defeats Paul Orndorff by pinfall after a Rude Awakening (15:14)

5/22/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 5/25/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL

1) The Great Kokina defeats Mike Richards via pinfall after a Banzai Drop (4:06)
2) Wayne Shamrock defeats Boris Zhukov via submission with an ankle lock (6:50)
3) Chavo Guerrero & Eddie Guerrero defeat Buddy Landel & Stan Lane via DQ after Lane hits Chavo with a tennis racket (9:42)
4) The Lightning Kid, Rick Rude, & Naoki Sano defeat Chris Benoit, Owen Hart, & Steve Williams via pinfall after a Rude Awakening/guillotine leg drop combination on Benoit (15:22)
5/22/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 6/1/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
1) Bam Bam Bigelow defeats Terry Gordy via pinfall after a diving headbutt and an Eddie Gilbert-delivered fireball (9:17)
2) Paul Orndorff defeats Jimmy Backlund via pinfall after a piledriver (5:06)
3) Blue Panther defeats Villano IV via DQ after Panther tricks the referee into believing that Villano had hit him with a low blow (13:31)
4) Eddie Gilbert defeats Cactus Jack via DQ after Jack piledrives Gilbert onto a steel chair, Bam Bam Bigelow attempts to make the save but is attacked from the crowd by Jeff Jarrett (5:58)
5/22/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 6/8/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
1) Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, & Owen Hart vs. Buddy Landel, Stan Lane, & Naoki Sano ends in a time-limit draw (18:00)
2) Paul Orndorff, Wayne Shamrock, & Steve Williams defeat Fatu, The Great Kokina, & Samu and The Lightning Kid, Jerry Lynn, & Rick Rude in a triangle elimination match, Kokina pinned Lynn after a Banzai Drop at 13:34, and Williams pinned Samu after a power slam at 16:12 (16:12)
3) Terry Gordy & Jeff Jarrett defeat Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Gilbert after interference from Cactus Jack, hitting Gilbert with a chair, allowing Gordy to get the pinfall, Doug Gilbert runs into the ring and throws a fireball at Jack before receiving a DDT from Jarrett as Bigelow and Gordy brawl in the crowd (3:57)

AIW CAREER OPPORTUNITIES LIVE ON JUNE 9 AT THE ODEUM PAVILION, THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS OF A SIXTEEN-MAN TOURNAMENT TO CROWN THE FIRST AIW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, ALL ENTRANTS MUST RECORD A PINFALL OR SUBMISSION VICTORY BEFORE THE OFFICIAL START OF THE TOURNAMENT, AT THIS TIME THERE ARE THIRTEEN OFFICIAL PARTICIPANTS:

Bam Bam Bigelow.
Fatu.
Terry Gordy.
The Great Kokina.
Owen Hart.
Jeff Jarrett.
The Lightning Kid.
Paul Orndorff.
Rick Rude.
Samu.
Naoki Sano.
Wayne Shamrock.
Steve Williams.
TWO "LAST CHANCE" MATCHES HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED TO START THE EVENT:
Cactus Jack & A MYSTERY PARTNER vs. Doug Gilbert & Eddie Gilbert, no disqualification, THERE MUST BE A WINNING TEAM
Chris Benoit, Chavo Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero, Villano IV, & Villano V vs. Blue Panther, Buddy Landel, Stan Lane, Jerry Lynn, & Negro Navarro in a LUCHA LIBRE-STYLE TORNEO CIBERNETICO, WHERE ONLY ONE MAN CAN EMERGE AS THE VICTOR
At which point the 16 participants will be randomly split into eight teams, with four tag team matches to complete the first round with the four winning teams advancing to the quarterfinals; in the quarterfinals, the first-round partners will face off to determine the four semifinalists who will compete at AIW Marquee Moon to CROWN THE FIRST-EVER AIW CHAMPION

6/9/91
AIW Career Opportunities
Odeum Pavilion
Villa Park, IL
1) Cactus Jack & Terry Funk defeat Doug Gilbert & Eddie Gilbert via pinfall in a no DQ match to become the 14th and 15th entrants in the AIW Heavyweight Championship tournament after Funk hit Doug with a second-rope piledriver onto a steel chair; Funk was revealed to be Jack's mystery partner and swore that he and Jack would take out the Gilberts and any of their associates, whether it be in the ring or on the street; as Eddie attended to his brother, he received a piledriver of his own by Jack (7:52)
2) Chris Benoit was the winner of the Torneo Cibernetico to become the final entrant in the tournament; Chavo Guerrero was eliminated via pinfall by Buddy Landel after a Stan Lane-assisted Rocket Launcher (11:33), Negro Navarro was eliminated via pinfall by Villano V after a crossbody/vertical suplex combination assisted by Villano IV (13:19), Villano IV was eliminated via submission by Blue Panther after an unnoticed low blow and a Nudo Lagunero (14:11), Lane was eliminated via pinfall by Eddie Guerrero after a Gory Bomb (15:05), Landel was eliminated via pinfall by Chris Benoit after a diving headbutt (16:02), Villano V was eliminated via pinfall by Jerry Lynn after a Tombstone piledriver (16:59), Panther was eliminated via pinfall by Guerrero after a Tornado DDT (21:16), Lynn was eliminated via pinfall by Guerrero after a Gory Bomb (22:09), Guerrero was eliminated via pinfall by Benoit after a powerbomb (27:59) (27:59)
3) The Great Kokina & Owen Hart defeat Samu & Naoki Sano via pinfall after Kokina hits a Banzai Drop on Sano (11:03)
4) The Lightning Kid & Rick Rude defeat Fatu & Wayne Shamrock via pinfall after a Rude Awakening/guillotine leg drop combination on Fatu (15:46)
5) Terry Gordy & Steve Williams defeat Cactus Jack & Paul Orndorff via countout after Jack hit a piledriver on Orndorff onto the floor and then an elbow drop from the ring apron (7:17)
6) Chris Benoit & Jeff Jarrett defeat Bam Bam Bigelow & Terry Funk via TKO after Funk put Bigelow in a spinning toe hold while Jarrett applied a Camel Clutch, after the match Jarrett hit a DDT on Benoit (6:12)
7) The Great Kokina defeats Owen Hart via pinfall after a Banzai Drop (13:42)
8) Rick Rude defeats The Lightning Kid via pinfall after Rude grabs the house microphone and demands that the Kid lay down for him and take the pin, which the Kid reluctantly does (0:55)
9) Steve Williams defeats Terry Gordy via pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede followed by a piledriver (11:27)
10) Chris Benoit defeats Jeff Jarrett via pinfall after Terry Funk accidentally hits the referee with a steel chair; as Benoit tries to wake the referee, Jarrett hits Benoit with Funk's chair, and then tries to wake the referee himself; as this happens, the lights in the arena suddenly go out, as they come back on, Butch Reed has arrived to the ring, and smashes both Funk and Jarrett with the loose chair, puts the knocked-out Benoit on top of Jarrett, rolls the referee towards the center of the ring and walks into the crowd as the referee counts the pinfall (12:31)
6/9/91 & 6/12/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 6/15/91 on WGN)
Odeum Pavilion & West Bradley Place
Villa Park, IL & Chicago, IL
1) [joined in progress] The Great Kokina defeats Owen Hart via pinfall after a Banzai Drop (4:42)
2) Rick Rude defeats The Lightning Kid via pinfall after Rude grabs the house microphone and demands that the Kid lay down for him and take the pin, which the Kid reluctantly does (0:55)
3) [joined in progress] Steve Williams defeats Terry Gordy via pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede followed by a piledriver (5:27)
4) [joined in progress] Chris Benoit defeats Jeff Jarrett via pinfall after Terry Funk accidentally hits the referee with a steel chair; as Benoit tries to wake the referee, Jarrett hits Benoit with Funk's chair, and then tries to wake the referee himself; as this happens, the lights in the arena suddenly go out, as they come back on, Butch Reed has arrived to the ring, and smashes both Funk and Jarrett with the loose chair, puts the knocked-out Benoit on top of Jarrett, rolls the referee towards the center of the ring and walks into the crowd as the referee counts the pinfall (8:31)
5) Chris Benoit & Steve Williams vs. The Great Kokina & Rick Rude ends in a no contest after The Lightning Kid, Jerry Lynn, & Brad Rheingans run in and attack Kokina; Fatu & Samu follow them to assist Kokina, with Benoit & Williams getting inadvertently involved, bringing out Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, Wayne Shamrock and the entire set devolving into a chaotic brawl (12:30)

Looks like you've got a good set up to start things off. I'd encourage you to take a look at the 1983 project and see if it is something you'd like to do. We incorporate all the Japanese dates and other things from real life into the game that you've noted. We are always interested in new members and can help you put together a roster to get going. Let me know if you have any questions...

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/32550-1983-project-guide/

Yeah, I'm down, after I have what's what figured out.

All of this is tremendous. The Cibernetico is gold. Navarro as a '91 guy is really intriguing, and the suspension of disbelief is reduced by Chicago being such a haven for lucha over the years. Somehow the two things that made me smile the most were calling a supershow "Marquee Moon" (to say nothing of the other show names) and Boris Zhukov tapping to Shamrock's ankle lock in a TV squash.

Yeah, I liked Chicago specifically because it has the lucha heritage and a really sizable Japanese population. I want to keep expansion fairly focused, like RoH in the mid-2000s, so before I can get to California, Chicago is a great city to do the "international" parts. I have a lot of ideas there beyond just Japan/Mexico. There's a nice stretch in the mid-'90s where I can do a good specific nation vs. nation feud, but if I could somehow make it to '01-'02, I'd have a dream feud version of it.

One other reason that I chose the promotion name: if I theoretically became the NWA's hub promotion, the two names fit together. American InterNational Wrestling Alliance. Any bespoke titles could be re-branded as AI-NWA.

June 22-July 26

6/12/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 6/22/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL

1) Brad Rheingans defeats Brady Boone via pinfall after a fisherman's suplex, after the match, Rick Rude accompanied by The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn announces the formation of the "Gold Club", and formally inducts Rheingans (4:01)
2) Chris Candido defeats Terry Funk via DQ after Funk refuses to let go of a spinning toe hold, after the match, Funk demands the house microphone and asks the absent-due to-injury Gilbert brothers if Candido is "one of theirs", and challenges Butch Reed to a match at AIW's Marquee Moon show (3:39)
3) Fatu & Samu defeat The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn via pinfall after hitting a diving double headbutt to Lynn (9:33)
4) Wayne Shamrock defeats Bill Irwin via submission with an ankle lock (5:15)
5) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart defeat Danny Boy Collins & Dave Taylor via pinfall after Hart hits a moonsault on Collins (13:04)

AIW MARQUEE MOON LIVE ON JUNE 23 AT THE ODEUM PAVILION WHERE THE FIRST EVER AIW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION WILL BE CROWNED

SCHEDULED MATCHES:
Chris Benoit vs. Rick Rude in a championship tournament semifinal
The Great Kokina vs. Steve Williams in a championship tournament semifinal
Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, & Wayne Shamrock vs. The Lightning Kid, Jerry Lynn, & Brad Rheingans
Cactus Jack & Terry Gordy vs. Fatu & Samu
Bam Bam Bigelow & Butch Reed vs. Terry Funk & Jeff Jarrett, no disqualification, TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
THE CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
AND MUCH MORE FEATURING PAUL ORNDORFF, CHRIS "TATANKA" CHAVIS, NORMAN "BLACK MAGIC" SMILEY, DANNY BOY COLLINS & DAVE TAYLOR, MISTERIOSO & VOLADOR, AND OTHERS

6/23/91
AIW Marquee Moon
Odeum Pavilion
Villa Park, IL

1) Danny Boy Collins & Dave Taylor vs. Misterioso & Volador ends in a time limit draw (20:00)
2) The Great Kokina defeats Steve Williams via countout after Kokina hit a second-rope splash onto Williams on the outside of the ring (11:13)
3) Rick Rude defeated Chris Benoit via pinfall after a Rude Awakening (19:45)
4) Chris Chavis & Norman Smiley defeat Scott Anthony & Chris Candido via submission from a Boston Crab applied by Smiley on Anthony (7:16)
5) Cactus Jack & Terry Gordy vs. Fatu & Samu ends in a no contest after interference from Rip Rogers on behalf of Gordy & Jack and Tama on behalf of Fatu & Samu, leading to a brawl between the six men that spilled into the crowd (10:58)
6) Dean Malenko & Joe Malenko defeat Bob Holly & Paul Orndorff via submission from a Texas Cloverleaf applied by Joe on Holly, after the match, Orndorff asked for the house microphone and asked the crowd "what's the point in changing [his] wicked ways", before turning on Holly and hitting him with a piledriver (11:56)
7) Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, & Wayne Shamrock defeat The Lightning Kid, Jerry Lynn, & Brad Rheingans via DQ after Boris Zhukov attacked Shamrock as he held Rheingans in an ankle lock, after the bell rang Shamrock threw Zhukov to the ground before the arena lights darkened as a red spotlight descended onto the ramp showing Victor Zangiev walking to the ring; he and Shamrock proceeded to have a staredown before Zangiev hit Shamrock with a belly-to-belly suplex that threw Shamrock out of the ring (14:40)
8) Bam Bam Bigelow & Butch Reed defeat Terry Funk & Jeff Jarrett via pinfall in a no disqualification match after Cactus Jack errantly hit Jarrett with a crowbar, leading to him being powerbombed by Bigelow, Terry Gordy rushed the ring but was followed out by the Samoans continuing the brawl from the night's fifth match, the ring was overwhelmed by all nine men engaged in a fight before the returning Gilbert brothers, wielding baseball bats, cleared the ring of everyone but Bigelow & Reed; as The Cartel fled, the Gilbert Gang and Samoans paid respect to each other before being attacked by the members of the Gold Club, bringing out The Great Kokina to fight with Rick Rude before their championship final; AIW Commissioner Adrian Street made his first official appearance and stated that unless every wrestler except Kokina and Rude left the ring area, they would forfeit their wins from earlier in the night, meaning that Chris Benoit and Steve Williams would have a match for the vacant championship when both men were medically cleared to compete (9:19)
9) Rick Rude defeats The Great Kokina in a 2/3 falls match to become the first AIW Heavyweight Champion; Kokina won the first fall via TKO after hitting Rude with a headbutt that knocked Rude from the ring apron (3:29), Rude won the second fall via pinfall after catching Kokina in a schoolboy rollup after Kokina missed a Banzai Drop (18:42), Rude won the third and deciding fall via pinfall after hitting Kokina with a pair of brass knuckles given to him by The Lightning Kid from the crowd, leading to a top-rope splash and three consecutive Rude Awakenings (30:36); as soon as Rude received the title belt and saw Kokina start to stir, he ran from the arena joined by Lynn, Rheingans, and the Kid (30:36)

6/26/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 6/29/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
1) Eddie Guerrero defeats Scott Anthony via pinfall after a Gory Bomb (6:02)
2) Terry Gordy defeats Mike Richards via pinfall after a lariat (3:57)
3) The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn defeat Chris Chavis & Norman Smiley via DQ after being attacked by Fatu & Samu out of retribution from their assistance in allowing Rick Rude to defeat The Great Kokina (8:41)
4) Misterioso & Volador defeat Jimmy Backlund & Chris Candido via pinfall after Volador hits a Quebrada on Candido (7:17)
5) Bob Holly, Wayne Shamrock, & Steve Williams defeat Paul Orndorff, Brad Rheingans & Boris Zhukov via pinfall after Williams hits Zhukov with an Oklahoma Stampede, after the match Victor Zangiev walked down to the ring and teased conflict with Shamrock & Williams before hitting Zhukov with a belly-to-belly suplex and spitting on him, then yelling at him that he was a disappointment in both English and Ossetic (10:04)

6/26/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 7/6/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
1) Owen Hart defeats Hurricane Walker via pinfall with a Northern Lights suplex (5:45)
2) Butch Reed defeats Bill Irwin via pinfall after a sitout powerslam (3:41)
3) Doug Gilbert & Eddie Gilbert vs. Dean Malenko & Joe Malenko ends in a time-limit draw, after the match the pairs of brothers shook hands in a sign of respect of each other's family legacies, before all four were attacked by Cactus Jack and Rip Rogers, Bam Bam Bigelow came out to make the save and challenged Rogers to a match (15:00)
4) Bam Bam Bigelow defeats Rip Rogers via pinfall after a diving headbutt, Cactus Jack's attempts at interference were nullified by the Gilbert and Malenko brothers, but Terry Funk and Jeff Jarrett came out to even the score; as Funk ran into the ring after the match, the other seven wrestlers swarmed the ring before the entire AIW security team dispensed and broke up the brawl, leaving the ring looking like the beginning of a battle royal as The Cartel and The Gilbert Gang & their allies shouted at eachother (8:12)

6/26/91 & 7/7/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 7/13/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place & Osaka Expo Festival Open Space
Chicago, IL & Osaka, JP
X) The Lightning Kid came out and told the audience that Rick Rude would not be wrestling on tonight's show, because as AIW Champion, he felt that he deserved a vacation but because he's a true fighting champion who needs to elevate this title for "all you sweathogs", that he had wrestled a match in Japan for the AIW title and as his gift to the audience, "you chumps are going to get to see the Rick Rude World Tour!", because he had sent the Kid a tape of the match
1) Rick Rude defeats Akira Taue in a 2/3 falls match to retain the AIW Heavyweight Championship; Taue won the first fall via countout after hitting Rude with a nodowa chokeslam on the floor (6:18), Rude won the second fall via pinfall after a Rude Awakening (16:51), Rude won the third fall after catching the rising Taue with a DDT and a subsequent Rude Awakening (17:05) (17:05)
2) Fatu & Samu vs. Jerry Lynn & Brad Rheingans ends in a double countout after both teams brawled out of the ring, again necessitating the AIW security team to break up the proceedings (5:45)
3) Chris Benoit defeats Jeff Jarrett via pinfall after hitting a powerbomb, after the match Terry Gordy attacked Benoit and challenged him to a match at AIW's Add It Up show on July 26 in Milwaukee for #1 contendership to the AIW Heavyweight Championship (12:32)

6/26/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 7/20/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
X) To open the show, AIW Commissioner Adrian Street declared that any wrestler would be suspended indefinitely if they interfered in a match in which they were not participating on tonight's show, addressing the leaders of every emerging faction in the promotion by name
1) The Lightning Kid defeats Dave Taylor via pinfall after a Tombstone piledriver (10:52)
2) Terry Funk & Paul Orndorff defeat Chris Chavis & Norman Smiley via submission from a spinning toe hold applied by Funk on Chavis (5:05)
3) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart vs. Misterioso & Volador ends in a time-limit draw (15:00)
4) Cactus Jack defeats Butch Reed via pinfall after hitting Reed in the face with a fireball and a piledriver; as the AIW medical staff came out to put Reed on a backboard, Jack attacks them before hitting two additional piledrivers on Reed (5:18)

AIW ADD IT UP LIVE ON JULY 26 AT THE MILWAUKEE AUDITORIUM
SCHEDULED MATCHES:
Rick Rude © vs. The Great Kokina vs. Steve Williams in a triangle elimination match for the AIW Heavyweight Championship, RUDE MUST LOSE TWO FALLS TO LOSE THE CHAMPIONSHIP, AND THE SECOND MUST COME FROM PINFALL OR SUBMISSION
Chris Benoit vs. Terry Gordy for #1 contendership for the AIW Heavyweight Championship
Bob Holly vs. Paul Orndorff in a no disqualification GRUDGE MATCH
Victor Zangiev's in-ring debut where he will TAKE ON ANY AND ALL CHALLENGERS
AND FIRST ROUND MATCHES IN THE AIW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FEATURING SOME OF THE WORLD'S FINEST TAG TEAMS

7/26/91
AIW Add It Up (live on WGN)
Milwaukee Auditorium
Milwaukee, WI

1) Misterioso & Volador defeat Chris Chavis & Norman Smiley via pinfall after Misterioso pinned Smiley with a sunset flip (6:31)
2) Bam Bam Bigelow & Wayne Shamrock vs. Dean Malenko & Joe Malenko ends in a no contest after Cactus Jack attacks both Bigelow & Dean Malenko, Jack is restrained by the other three men as he attempts to piledrive Bigelow and "take him out just like I did to Hacksaw Reed", AIW Commissioner Adrian Street comes out and announces that Jack will be suspended for 90 days, until a risen Bigelow asks Street to rescind the suspension because he's going to challenge Jack to a Loser Leaves Town match at AIW's Raw Power show in Detroit on August 17, to which Street agrees (4:12)
3) Terry Funk & Jeff Jarrett defeat Scott Anthony & Chris Candido via pinfall after Jarrett hits Candido with a DDT (3:34)
4) Paul Orndorff defeats Bob Holly in a no disqualification match via referee stoppage after Orndorff piledrives Holly on the ring apron (8:26)
5) Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat defeat Brian Christopher & Tony Williams via pinfall after Furnas hits Williams with a Frankensteiner (5:53)
6) Chris Youngblood & Mark Youngblood defeat Fatu & Samu via DQ after Fatu headbutts the referee in the midst of attacking an interfering Brad Rheingans; after the match, Fatu & Samu continue their beatdown on Rheingans, which concludes with Samu hitting a Samoan drop through the timekeeper's table on Rheingans. The Lightning Kid and Jerry Lynn arrived at the entranceway in order to help Rheingans, but AIW Champion and Gold Club President Rick Rude stepped in front of them, telling them that their places in the tag team tournament and the Gold Club were more important than Rheingans; as a result of his interference, Commissioner Street subsequently announced that Rheingans would be suspended for 90 days (2:48)
7) Victor Zangiev defeats Boris Zhukov via submission with an ankle lock (1:20)
8) Victor Zangiev defeats Mike Richards via pinfall after a belly-to-belly suplex (0:51)
9) Victor Zangiev defeats Tama via pinfall after a water wheel drop (1:07)
10) Wayne Shamrock vs. Victor Zangiev ends in a double countout after the two men brawl from out of the ring and into the crowd, throwing punches right and left (4:11)
11) Doug Gilbert & Eddie Gilbert defeat Chavo Guerrero & Hector Guerrero via pinfall after Eddie hits Hector with a Hot Shot (11:03)
12) Chris Benoit defeats Terry Gordy via countout to become #1 contender to the AIW Heavyweight Championship after hitting a diving headbutt to the floor from the top rope (9:58)
13) Rick Rude (w/ The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn) defeats The Great Kokina and Steve Williams in a triangle elimination match to retain the AIW Heavyweight Championship; Rude lost his first fall via pinfall to Kokina after Kokina and Williams teamed up, with Williams hitting Rude with an Oklahoma Stampede for Kokina to immediately deliver a Banzai Drop (2:05), Kid & Lynn tried to protest but were thrown out by the referee before they could officially interfere, Kokina was eliminated via pinfall by Rude after a Williams lariat (15:46), Williams was eliminated via pinfall after a low blow and a Rude Awakening (24:08)

• 2 weeks later...

July 27-August 17, 12:59 PM Central Time

7/26/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 7/27/91 on WGN)
Milwaukee Auditorium
Milwaukee, WI
X) AIW Commissioner Adrian Street announces that after the final two matches in the first round of the AIW Tag Team Championship tournament, a battle royal will be held to fill the vacancy left by the no contest in the Bigelow/Shamrock-Malenko Bros. match, consisting of any tournament entrant to have not been disqualified or taken a pinfall in the first round, with the final two men earning the right to continue in the tournament
1) The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn defeat Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers via pinfall by the Kid after a powerbomb/senton bomb combination to Fulton (13:51)
2) Doug Furnas defeats Brian Costello after a powerslam (4:09)
3) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart defeat Danny Boy Collins & Dave Taylor via pinfall by Hart after a superplex/moonsault press combination to Collins (13:41)
4) Chavo Guerrero & Tommy Rogers win a battle royal to earn the right to stay in the tag team tournament, defeating (in order of elimination) Scott Anthony, Brian Christopher, Dean Malenko, Chris Chavis, Joe Malenko, and Dave Taylor; Guerrero walks away before his arm can be raised, still showing anger towards Rogers from the Guerreros' rivalry with The Fantastics (5:13)
7/31/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 8/3/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
1) Chavo Guerrero & Tommy Rogers defeat Terry Funk & Jeff Jarrett via pinfall after a schoolboy rollup by Rogers on Jarrett; Guerrero & Rogers are joined by their original partners after the match and all four men stand in respect despite former hostilities (9:57)
2) John Tatum defeats Barry Houston via pinfall after an eyerake followed by a California Kick (4:46)
3) Chris Candido defeats Boris Zhukov via pinfall after an inside cradle when Zhukov was distracted by arguing with the referee after refusing to break an armbar; after the match, Zhukov kicked and stomped Candido while asking for Victor Zangiev to come down to the ring; Zangiev appeared at the top of the entrance way and simply stared at Zhukov while shaking his head (3:03)
4) The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn defeat Misterioso & Volador via pinfall after a guillotine leg drop by the Kid on Volador (17:52)
7/31/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 8/10/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
1) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart defeat Chris Youngblood & Mark Youngblood via submission after Guerrero applied a modified Gory Special on Chris Youngblood (8:44)
2) Bam Bam Bigelow defeats Chris Chavis via pinfall after a brainbuster (7:15)
X) The Gold Club comes down to the ring, with leader Rick Rude announcing that with the expulsion of Brad Rheingans following his suspension, that the Club would need a new member. That new member turned out to be Paul Orndorff, but the induction ceremony came to a hasty end as Bob Holly, wearing a neckbrace after Orndorff's attack at Add It Up, charged the ring. The four Gold Club members put the boots to Holly until Chris Benoit and Steve Williams cleared the ring; AIW Commissioner Adrian Street would later announce that a tag team match putting the team of Benoit & Holly against the team of Orndorff & Rude would be next week's main event.
3) The Great Kokina defeats Brian Christopher via pinfall after a Banzai drop (2:41)
4) Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat defeat Doug Gilbert & Eddie Gilbert via pinfall by Kroffat on Doug Gilbert after a double shoulder tackle followed by a Tiger Driver; Terry Funk and Jeff Jarrett came to the ring shortly after the match began in order to bait the Gilbert brothers, but wisely avoided making actual contact with either one with the threat of suspension over their heads, and were able to provide the final distraction that allowed for the pin as Jarrett drew Eddie Gilbert out of the ring and allowed for the Can-Am Express's double team attack (10:02)
5) Cactus Jack defeats Terry Gordy via DQ after Gordy hit Jack with a steel chair, at Jack's request. The tag team tournament quarterfinal was the originally scheduled main event, but after its conclusion, Terry Funk and Jeff Jarrett stayed behind, claiming that they had "Cartel business to take care of". The result was the founding Cartel members, Gordy and Jack, coming to the ring and demanding a match against each other. Jack claimed that he had something to prove and that Gordy was the only one whom he fully trusted to carry it out, at which point the two immediately started exchanging punches, with Jack screaming that he "[NEEDED] MORE, I NEED MORE" after every time that Gordy hesitated to hit him. Jack was bloodied by the end of the match, and needed Funk and Jarrett to carry him from the ring, but not before declaring to Bam Bam Bigelow that "if this is what [i'll] do to myself, imagine what I will do to you", and demanding that Commissioner Street make their Loser Leaves Town match at Raw Power a cage match (6:15)
7/31/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 8/17/91 on WGN)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
1) Mariko Yoshida defeats Desiree Petersen via pinfall with a Magistral (7:41)
X) Bam Bam Bigelow came to the ring and agreed to Cactus Jack's challenge for a cage match, because the only thing that it could do is isolate Jack from his running buddies in The Cartel, and the Gilberts will still have his back either way
2) Bobby Fulton & Hector Guerrero defeat Warren Bianchi & Kevin Krueger via pinfall by Fulton on Krueger after a double elbow drop; the other mix of the Fantastics and Guerreros seemed to be on good terms (2:02)
3) Danny Boy Collins, Fit Finlay, & Dave Taylor defeat Dean Malenko, Joe Malenko, & Norman Smiley via pinfall by Taylor on Joe Malenko after a British Suplex (11:26)
4) Wayne Shamrock defeats Scott Anthony via submission with an ankle lock; Victor Zangiev came out after the match, and stood at the top of the ramp, giving Shamrock mild applause for his victory (1:19)
5) Paul Orndorff & Rick Rude (w/ The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn) defeat Chris Benoit & Bob Holly (w/ Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart) via pinfall by Rude on Holly after a Rude Awakening; both accompanying teams couldn't stop themselves and battled with words and eventually punches during the duration of the match, distracting the referee enough that it allowed John Tatum to escape from the back and hit Holly from behind with a California Kick, who fell into the awaiting hands of Rude. After the match, Rude proclaimed Tatum to be "California Gold", indicating that he would become the newest member of The Gold Club (12:03)

AIW RAW POWER, LIVE FROM DETROIT'S CALIHAN HALL ON AUGUST 17, NATIONALLY TELEVISED BY THE WGN SUPERSTATION

SCHEDULED MAIN EVENTS INCLUDE:

BAM BAM BIGELOW VS. CACTUS JACK IN A LOSER LEAVES TOWN STEEL CAGE MATCH

CHAMPION "RAVISHING" RICK RUDE VS. CHALLENGER "WILD PEGASUS" CHRIS BENOIT FOR THE AIW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

THE CAN-AM EXPRESS (DOUG FURNAS & DAN KROFFAT) VS, THE PAN-AM CONNECTION (EDDIE GUERRERO & OWEN HART) IN AN AIW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP SEMIFINAL MATCH

THE GOLDEN BOYS (THE LIGHTNING KID & JERRY LYNN) VS. CHAVO GUERRERO & TOMMY ROGERS IN AN AIW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP SEMIFINAL MATCH

AND THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
OTHER SCHEDULED MATCHES INCLUDE WAYNE SHAMROCK VS. VICTOR ZANGIEV IN THEIR FIRST OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED ENCOUNTER, A TEN-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH PITTING MEMBERS OF THE CARTEL & THE GOLD CLUB (TERRY FUNK, TERRY GORDY, JEFF JARRETT, PAUL ORNDORFF, & JOHN TATUM) AGAINST BOB HOLLY, "DR. DEATH" STEVE WILLIAMS, THE GILBERT BROTHERS AND A PARTNER TO BE NAMED, AND A FIRST FOR AIW, A WOMEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH WITH ESTHER MORENO & MARIKO YOSHIDA FACING OFF AGAINST DEBBIE MALENKO & DESIREE PETERSEN

8/17/91
AIW Raw Power (live on WGN)
Calihan Hall
Detroit, MI
D) Danny Boy Collins & Fit Finlay vs. Lord Steven Regal & Dave Taylor ends in a time-limit draw (10:00)
D) Dean Malenko & Joe Malenko defeat Sabu & Rob Zakowski via submission after Dean Malenko applied a Texas Cloverleaf on Zakowski (6:04)
1) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart defeat Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat via submission after Hart applied a Scorpion Deathlock on Kroffat (11:13)
2) The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn defeat Chavo Guerrero & Tommy Rogers via pinfall by Lynn on Rogers after a failed attempt at a Fantastic Flip when Lynn got his knees up, stunning Rogers long enough to apply an inside cradle (8:21)
3) Debbie Malenko & Desiree Petersen defeat Esther Moreno & Mariko Yoshida via submission after Malenko applied a Fujiwara armbar on Yoshida (5:42)
4) Wayne Shamrock vs. Victor Zangiev ends in a no contest after first Takayuki Iizuka and then Boris Zhukov interfered; Iizuka left the crowd to attack Shamrock as Shamrock attempted to apply an ankle lock on Zangiev, but before the referee could officially call the match as finished, Zhukov ran out from the back to assist Iizuka in his beatdown, which only provoked Iizuka & Zangiev to attack him; AIW Commissioner Adrian Street said that he couldn't suspend either Iizuka who was a guest of New Japan Pro Wrestling, or Zhukov who intended his attack to come after the match had concluded. Commissioner Street guaranteed that there would be another Shamrock-Zangiev match within the next thirty days, though he could not specify if it would take place at the next live show, AIW Uncontrollable Urge, in Chicago on 9/8 (4:31)
5) Bob Backlund, Doug Gilbert, Eddie Gilbert, Bob Holly, & Steve Williams defeat Terry Funk, Terry Gordy, Jeff Jarrett, Paul Orndorff, & John Tatum via pinfall by Williams on Jarrett after a backdrop suplex followed by a knee drop by Backlund (12:44)
6) Rick Rude (w/ The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn) defeats Chris Benoit (w/ Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart) in a 2/3 falls match to retain the AIW Heavyweight Championship; Benoit won the first fall via DQ after a low blow by Rude (4:11), Rude won the second fall via pinfall after a sunset flip (10:27), Rude won the third and deciding fall via pinfall after ducking away from a diving headbutt attempt by Benoit and catching the rising Benoit in a front headlock to hit a Rude Awakening (18:24); as Guerrero & Hart picked Benoit up to carry him to the back, the three Gold Club members jumped them and the tag title tournament final immediately started (18:24)
7) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart (w/ Chris Benoit) defeat The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn (w/ Rick Rude) in a 2/3 falls match to become the first-ever AIW Tag Team Champions; the Kid & Lynn won the first fall via pinfall on Hart & Guerrero respectively after dueling Tombstone piledrivers (6:08), Guerrero & Hart won the second fall via pinfall by Hart on Lynn after a Gory Bomb/top rope bulldog combination (15:23), Guerrero & Hart APPEARED to win the final fall after Guerrero pinned the Kid following a brainbuster, but the Kid got his foot on the bottom rope at a two count (19:12), the Kid & Lynn APPEARED to win the final fall after Lynn caught Guerrero with an O'Connor roll, but Rick Rude inadvertently distracted the referee by hitting a prone Chris Benoit with a chair on the outside of the ring and Guerrero was able to kick out after a visual near-three count (21:50), Guerrero and Hart won the third and deciding fall via pinfall by Hart on the Kid after a sunset flip powerbomb/moonsault combination (24:34); Lynn was unable to break up the pin as he was held up by Rude, who chastised him for not having gotten the previous pin on Guerrero while the referee made the count on the Kid (24:34)
8) Bam Bam Bigelow (w/ Doug Gilbert & Eddie Gilbert) defeats Cactus Jack (w/ Terry Funk & Terry Gordy) in a Loser Leaves Town cage match via pinfall after a diving headbutt standing on two unfolded chairs placed on the top rope; Bigelow broke the canvas and snapped the board directly under himself and Jack, so that Bigelow had to pull him out of the indent before pinning him. The referee opened the cage door and all four accompanying wrestlers ran in, continuing to fight within the cage as live TV time expired (10:05)

8/21/91

AIW Transmission TV (for 8/24/91)

West Bradley Place

Chicago, IL

X) The Gold Club come out to the ring, with Rick Rude still resplendent as AIW Heavyweight Champion, but the other four members, particularly The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn, bearing the emotional wounds of their losses at Raw Power. Rude's confidence is overwhelming, and he says that he has two announcements for Adrian Street. The first is that while he knows that the Kid & Lynn, as the losing finalists in the tag team title tournament, would be the natural #1 contenders, that he has to look out for The Gold Club first and foremost, and states that the other two Club members, Paul Orndorff & John Tatum, will take the match instead, because of their advantages in size and veteran experience over the dejected-but-reserved "Golden Boys". The second announcement is that he does not intend to defend his championship at Uncontrollable Urge in two weeks, because there's not enough competition. He's defeated "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, The Great Kokina, Chris Benoit, Bob Holly, Wayne Shamrock, even his stablemates in the Kid & Orndorff. Nobody else has earned the right to challenge him. Commissioner Street comes out and tells Rude that he expected this from his champion, and that he's technically accurate about not needing to make a defense; he has until September 16, and that Rude had the option of waiting until the 15th to defend his title, with Street announcing The Unheard Music, to celebrate Mexican Independence Day, but that Rude WOULD have a challenger for Uncontrollable Urge, and that he'd let him know who it'd be at the end of next week's show.
1) Blue Panther & Negro Navarro defeat Misterioso & Volador via submission after Navarro applied an Espectrina to Volador (13:18)
2) Fit Finlay defeats Chris Candido via pinfall after a piledriver (4:23)
X) Cactus Jack comes out to the ring, rolling out a large wheelbarrow with him, screaming for the house microphone, and declaring that he's going to need to be carried out of the ring in that wheelbarrow before he actually "leaves town", regardless of the result of his match with Bigelow. He challenges Commissioner Street to bring out his best goon to try to break him, but before he can finish his sentence, someone emerges on the entrance ramp... and of all people, it's Victor Zangiev.
4) Victor Zangiev defeats Cactus Jack via TKO after hitting three consecutive Saito suplexes and applying a cross-armbreaker, to which a bloodied Jack could not respond; the AIW medical staff attended to Jack as Zangiev stalked around the ring with a dead-eyed stare. He threw Cactus Jack's wheelbarrow back onto the entrance ramp with one hand and then quietly walked towards the medical staff performing aid on Jack, and they all slowly walked away before Zangiev could speak a word. Zangiev proceeded to pick Jack up and hit him with a belly-to-belly suplex, throwing him into the ropes, before his true coup de grace, a bodyslam into the center of the wheelbarrow. Zangiev said what was apparently the Ossetic equivalent of "farewell" before running the wheelbarrow off of the ramp and straight to the concrete floor, the final image of the night being Zangiev silently walking past Jack's carcass. (6:47)

8/21/91

AIW Transmission TV (for 8/31/91)

West Bradley Place

Chicago, IL

1) Villano IV & Villano V defeat Fuerza Guerrera & Pierroth via pinfall by Villano V to Pierroth after a springboard crossbody (10:03)
2) John Tatum defeats Bob Holly via pinfall after an unseen low blow and California Kick combination (6:12)
3) Eddie Guerrero defeats Brian Christopher via pinfall after a superplex (6:36)
4) Steve Williams defeats Scott Anthony via pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede (3:56)
5) Bob Backlund, Doug Gilbert, & Eddie Gilbert defeat Terry Funk, Terry Gordy, & Jeff Jarrett via submission after Backlund applied a chickenwing crossface to Jarrett; after the match, all three remaining Cartel members seemed somewhat lost and detached from each other, still suffering after the banishment of Cactus Jack, and walked to the back by themselves (9:57)
X) AIW Commissioner Adrian Street, along with the other six esteemed members of the before-unseen AIW Championship Committee; Nick Bockwinkel, Ernie Ladd, Wahoo McDaniel, Billy Robinson, Ricky Romero, and Ray Stevens, walked to the ring. Nick Bockwinkel announced a huge match for Uncontrollable Urge; a torneo cibernetico for #1 contendership to the AIW Heavyweight Championship, featuring the "best of the best that our company can offer". They then invited "Ravishing" Rick Rude to the ring to find out who his opponent at Uncontrollable Urge would be. He unsurprisingly came out with his four Gold Club lieutenants, The Lightning Kid, Jerry Lynn, Paul Orndorff, and John Tatum. The two youngest men seemed to appreciate the gravity of the moment while Orndorff and Rude just seemed to enjoy cracking off jokes at the expense of the Committee. Tatum seemed eager to join in, but in a rare moment of clarity, quickly realized that none of his stories about the Committee members were particularly interesting and just stood guard beside Rude. As Street started to speak, Rude immediately asked him to cut to the chase and tell him which chump would be up next for him to take down. Street told him to just listen to the music... as that so infamous stanza of Thus Spake Zarathustra soared throughout the WGN studios as Ric Flair walked out to the ring and shook hands with every Committee member. Flair spoke about having left WCW and while he wouldn't say exactly what his future plans were, at that moment in time, there was nothing in the world that he found more appealing than taking a World title away from a "wannabe" like Rude. As Rude began to respond, he was cut off by Commissioner Street, who said that he had two other surprises, both of which were right in front of his eyes. The first being that "while they might be a little bit older", the six other Committee members would all be at ringside because they were "no less as fighters at heart", and they wished to exercise full control over the match and neutralize the Gold Club, effectively making it a lumberjack match. The second being that, while he believed that all AIW referees were skilled and capable, he needed a referee who would have full awareness of the ring and no tolerance for intimidation tactics... and that he would be that guest referee.

• 2 weeks later...
8/21/91
AIW Transmission TV (for 9/7/91)
West Bradley Place
Chicago, IL
X) Backstage, AIW Championship Committee Chairman Nick Bockwinkel stands by a monitor along with new-to-AIW hire Boni Blackstone, with the intent of announcing the field for the 12-man torneo cibernetico to determine a #1 contender for the AIW Heavyweight Championship. Any wrestlers to have recorded a fall in AIW over Rick Rude since he became champion are entered, making Chris Benoit, The Great Kokina, and Steve Williams the first three entrants. Anyone to have been recognized as a "World Heavyweight Champion" to wrestle for AIW in the last 30 days would also be eligible, guaranteeing Bob Backlund, Terry Funk, Terry Gordy the fourth, fifth, and sixth entries. Selected promotions with which AIW had a working relationship such as All Japan Pro Wrestling, the Catch Wrestling Association, and Fujiwara Gumi Pro Wrestling, would be allowed to select representatives; respectively, they would be Stan Hansen, Big Van Vader, and Yoshiaki Fujiwara. The final three entries would be filled by a six-man tag team match where the six men would be drawn randomly onto their teams. AIW Commissioner Adrian Street joined him to announce two other matches to fill a triangle elimination match at Uncontrollable Urge to nominate AIW Tag Team Championship #1 contenders, saying that Rick Rude's request to have Paul Orndorff & John Tatum be named #1 contenders had been fulfilled. The Malenko Brothers would face Danny Boy Collins & Fit Finlay and the "Blue Bloods", Lord Steven Regal & Dave Taylor, would face The Fantastics, with the winners joining the Can-Am Express in the Urge match.
1) Paul Orndorff (w/ John Tatum) defeats Chavo Guerrero via pinfall after a piledriver; after the match, Tatum entered the ring so Orndorff could set Guerrero up with a California Kick, but Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart made the save before Tatum could connect. The Gold Clubbers scrambled out of the ring and yelled towards the Guerreros & Hart that they were just chumps (6:15)
2) Danny Boy Collins & Fit Finlay defeat Dean Malenko & Joe Malenko via pinfall on Joe Malenko by Collins after a sitout vertical suplex (10:26)
3) Lord Steven Regal & Dave Taylor defeat Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers via submission after Regal hit Fulton in the back of the neck with a running knee strike and then applied a cravate lock (7:29)
4) Bam Bam Bigelow, Jeff Jarrett, & Buddy Landel defeat Eddie Gilbert, Bob Holly, & Wayne Shamrock to become the 10th, 11th, and 12th entrants into the cibernetico via pinfall on Holly by Jarrett after a simultaneous mule kick/DDT combination by Landel & Jarrett respectively (13:34)

AIW UNCONTROLLABLE URGE LIVE ON SEPTEMBER 8TH IN CHICAGO AND AS A FIRST, AT THE UIC PAVILION ON CHICAGO'S WEST SIDE

THE MAIN EVENT WILL SEE AIW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION "RAVISHING" RICK RUDE TAKE ON PERHAPS THE FINEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD, THE "NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR, IN A BEST OF THREE FALLS LUMBERJACK MATCH WITH AIW COMMISSIONER ADRIAN STREET AS ITS GUEST REFEREE

THE MATCH THAT AIW IS ALREADY MAKING ITS OWN WILL REAPPEAR, THE TORNEO CIBERNETICO, AN ULTIMATE TEST OF ENDURANCE AND SKILL, WHERE THE PRIZE IS EVEN BIGGER THAN THE MATCH: #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE AIW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, TWO TEAMS OF SIX WILL START OUT BUT ONLY ONE MAN CAN WIN

BOB BACKLUND, CHRIS BENOIT, BAM BAM BIGELOW, YOSHIAKI FUJIWARA, THE GREAT KOKINA, & STAN HANSEN VS. BIG VAN VADER, TERRY FUNK, TERRY GORDY, JEFF JARRETT, BUDDY LANDEL, & STEVE WILLIAMS

THE AIW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP WILL RECEIVE ITS FIRST DEFENSE AS THE "PAN-AM CONNECTION" OF EDDIE GUERRERO & OWEN HART TAKE ON GOLD CLUB MEMBERS PAUL ORNDORFF & JOHN TATUM; AND A #1 CONTENDER WILL ALSO BE DECIDED IN A TRIANGLE ELIMINATION MATCH FEATURING THE "BLUE BLOODS" OF LORD REGAL & SQUIRE TAYLOR, THE "CAN-AM EXPRESS" OF DOUG FURNAS & DAN KROFFAT, AND THE "COMMONERS' CONNECTION" OF DANNY BOY COLLINS & FIT FINLAY,

THE OTHER TRIANGLE MATCH ON THE CARD IS A VOLCANO WAITING TO ERUPT; TAKAYUKI IIZUKA WILL CHALLENGE HIS MENTOR VICTOR ZANGIEV AND THEIR COMMON ENEMY, WAYNE SHAMROCK. NO AIW ARENA HAS YET BEEN ABLE TO CONTAIN THE HATRED BETWEEN SHAMROCK AND ZANGIEV-- WHEN WILL IT END?

ALSO IN ACTION WILL BE AN AGGRIEVED SAMOAN DEATH SQUAD IN FATU & SAMU, THE LIGHTNING KID & JERRY LYNN, THE VILLANOS, BLUE PANTHER, BOB HOLLY, MISTERIOSO & VOLADOR AND MANY OTHERS, AND THE LINEUP FOR AIW'S TRIBUTE TO MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY, THE UNHEARD MUSIC, WILL BE UNVEILED AND IT PROMISES TO BE FILLED WITH THE GREATEST AMERICAN AND INTERNATIONAL TALENT THAT ANY WRESTLING PROMOTION IN THE WORLD TODAY HAS TO OFFER

9/8/91

AIW Uncontrollable Urge

UIC Pavilion

Chicago, IL

D) Frank Andersson & Naoki Sano vs. Luc Poirier & Minoru Suzuki ends in a time-limit draw (10:00)

D) Bull Pain defeats Barry Houston via pinfall after an Argentine backbreaker (5:12)

1) Eddie Gilbert, Hector Guerrero, & Dean Malenko defeat Doug Gilbert, Chavo Guerrero, & Joe Malenko in a "brotherly hate" wild card six-man tag team match via pinfall by Eddie Gilbert on Joe Malenko after a Gilbert DDT following a second-rope senton bomb by Hector Guerrero (13:39)

2) Apocalypse & Destruction defeat Fatu & Samu via DQ after the SDS attacked the Blackhearts with steel chairs. Both Samoan Death Squad members were visibly much more angry than normal, even speaking clearly and loudly, punctuated by Fatu screaming "WE'RE NOT FUCKING TRYING GUYS OUT FOR YOU", as this had been planned as an AIW tryout match for the Blackhearts, and the Samoans were upset with being reduced to this role (2:41)

3) Bob Holly defeats Norman Smiley via pinfall after an Alabama Slam; after the match, Smiley shook Holly's hand and said that he was planning on upping his game, beginning with The Unheard Music (6:10)

4) Blue Panther, Negro Navarro, Pierroth, Villano IV, & Villano V vs. Kato Kung Lee, Misterioso, Rey Misterio, Super Astro, & Volador in a 2/3 falls match ends in a time-limit draw, with the teams tied at one fall a piece (20:00)

5) The Lightning Kid & Jerry Lynn defeat Chris Chavis & Brian Christopher via pinfall by Lynn on Christopher after a guillotine leg drop (6:03)

6) Steve Williams was the winner of the torneo cibernetico to become #1 contender to the AIW Heavyweight Championship; Jeff Jarrett was eliminated by Yoshiaki Fujiwara via submission after a Fujiwara armbar (8:15), Buddy Landel was eliminated by Fujiwara after a Fujiwara armbar (13:28), Terry Funk was eliminated by The Great Kokina via pinfall after a second-rope splash (18:01), Bob Backlund was eliminated by Big Van Vader via pinfall after a top-rope splash (18:58), Chris Benoit was eliminated by Gordy via countout after a piledriver on the floor (20:00), Bam Bam Bigelow was eliminated by Vader via pinfall after a powerbomb (24:51), Fujiwara was eliminated via DQ after he attacked a referee who attempted to stop him from competing due to excessive blood loss from his forehead after having delivered several strong headbutts during the course of the match (27:00), Gordy was eliminated via DQ after attacking Fujiwara (27:10), Kokina was eliminated by Vader via pinfall after a moonsault (30:45), Vader was eliminated via pinfall after a lariat by Stan Hansen (32:19), Hansen was eliminated after consecutive lariats by Steve Williams (38:42) (38:42)

7) Lord Steven Regal & Squire David Taylor defeat Danny Boy Collins & Fit Finlay and Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat in a triangle elimination match to become #1 contenders to the AIW Tag Team Championship; Furnas & Kroffat were eliminated after Kroffat was pinned by Finlay, after the four wrestlers of British extraction seemed to declare them interlopers in what was their fight, with Regal & Taylor isolating Furnas as Finlay and Collins hit a brainbuster/standing moonsault combination (3:55), Collins & Finlay were eliminated after Collins was pinned by Taylor after Regal and Taylor hit a running knee/dragon suplex combination (12:31) (12:31)

8) Victor Zangiev defeats Takayuki Iizuka and Wayne Shamrock in a triangle elimination match; Shamrock was eliminated via DQ after Iizuka pushed him into the referee (2:55), and Iizuka was eliminated after Zangiev refused to allow Iizuka to forfeit the match for him, at which point Iizuka hit the referee himself (3:28). Zangiev yelled at him about his cowardice and Iizuka snapped, felling Zangiev with a roundhouse kick, which let Boris Zhukov make his presence felt once again as he then joined Iizuka in attacking Zangiev; Shamrock, who was being escorted to the back while this happened, broke free from AIW security and ran after Zhukov, unintentionally defending Zangiev. Shamrock and Zangiev finally rid the ring of Iizuka and Zhukov after dueling German suplexes, and then shared an intense staredown in which they seemed to exchange some respect (3:28)

9) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart defeat Paul Orndorff & John Tatum in a 2/3 falls match to retain the AIW Tag Team Championship; Guerrero & Hart won the first fall via pinfall by Hart on Orndorff after Tatum hit Orndorff with an errant California Kick (7:32), Guerrero & Hart won the second fall via DQ after a frustrated Tatum hit Guerrero with a low blow (8:05), with he and an equally-frustrated Orndorff embarking on a beatdown of the championship duo until Bob Holly ran out to clear the ring

10) Ric Flair vs. Rick Rude in a 2/3 falls lumberjack match ends in a time-limit draw. Flair won the first fall after Rude was DQed for punching referee Adrian Street (8:27), as the Championship Committee and Gold Club associates (such as the Blue Bloods & Scott Anthony) brawled amidst the chaos, Rude look a crowbar from John Tatum and hit Flair with it, busting him open in the process. Rude won the second fall after a backbreaker hold. Rude had spent the second fall attacking Flair's infamously injured back, including a variety of backbreaker slams and a back body drop on the floor that came with "inadvertent" assistance on the part of lumberjack Paul Orndorff (27:52), the third fall was more of Rude attacking Flair's back, but Flair was better prepared for it and fought from underneath to keep Rude off-balance. The back strategy seemed to work as when Flair for the first time in the match attempted a figure-4 leglock, he couldn't keep his balance because of the pain to his back and Rude was able to escape and take back control. With under a minute left in the match, Flair finally successfully applied a figure-4, putting Rude in a grave scenario. But Flair still couldn't keep full control of the hold, and fell back. As Adrian Street began a pin count against Flair, Rude made a motion as though he wanted to submit. Before Street reached three, though, it was all academic as time had finally expired. The Gold Club ran into the ring, grabbed Rude's title belt, and dragged him to the back as quickly as they could. Flair thanked the AIW Championship Committee and said that AIW was going to be a great promotion some day, if it wasn't already. (45:00).

• 2 weeks later...

AIW THE UNHEARD MUSIC LIVE FROM THE ARAGON BALLROOM ON SEPTEMBER 14TH, A CELEBRATION OF MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY AND LUCHA LIBRE, ALL MATCHES WITH THE EXCLUSION OF THE MAIN EVENT WILL BE SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCHES WITH CAPTAIN'S FALL RULES, NOT UNLIKE THE CLASSIC LUCHA "TRIOS" MATCH

ANNOUNCED MATCHES INCLUDE...

BLUE PANTHER ©, NEGRO NAVARRO, & PIERROTH vs. MISTERIOSITO, MISTERIOSO ©, & REY MISTERIO

LA FIERA, FUERZA GUERRERA ©, & KUNG FU vs. VILLANO IV, VILLANO V, & VOLADOR ©

iSLAND VS. ISLAND HEAVYWEIGHT WARFARE WITHOUT DISQUALIFICATION, THE GREAT KOKINA © & THE SAMOAN DEATH SQUAD vs. TNT © & THE HEADHUNTERS

BLACK MAGIC ©, DEAN MALENKO, & JOE MALENKO VS. EL FREEBIRD FABULOSO ©, JEFF JARRETT, & BUDDY LANDEL

EL BRAZO, BRAZO DE ORO ©, & BRAZO DE PLATA vs. CHAVO GUERRERO ©, EDDIE GUERRERO, & HECTOR GUERRERO

AND A SEMI-MAIN EVENT OF THE BLUE BLAZER, MEDICO MUERTE ©, & THE PEGASUS KID vs. THE RELAMPAGO KID, "RAVISHING" RICK RUDE ©, & SANGRE MINNESOTA

SURVIVORS OF WINNING TEAMS WILL GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO BATTLE FOR A RARE PRIZE, AIW'S BRAND NEW ZAPATA CUP, WHICH THE WINNER OF A SHOW-CLOSING BATTLE ROYAL WILL RECEIVE

ONLY 24 HOURS AFTER ITS ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE WGN-TV NEWS AT NOON, AIW HEAVEN TONIGHT IN ROCKFORD, IL ON SEPTEMBER 20 IS ALREADY SELLING TICKETS BY THE TRUCKLOAD AS FANS WANT TO SEE THE BEST CHAMPIONSHIP ACTION IN THE WORLD LIVE AND IN PERSON AT THE ROCKFORD METROCENTRE

SCHEDULED MATCHES INCLUDE:

CHAMPION "RAVISHING" RICK RUDE vs. CHALLENGER "DR. DEATH" STEVE WILLIAMS FOR THE AIW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE, IN A MATCH SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BY RUDE, ONE FALL WITH A 25 MINUTE TIME LIMIT

THE "PAN-AM CONNECTION" OF EDDIE GUERRERO & OWEN HART WILL DEFEND THEIR AIW TAG TEAM TITLES AGAINST THE "BLUE BLOODS", REGAL & TAYLOR, EXPECT NOTHING BUT BEAUTIFUL WRESTLING OF ALL KINDS FROM THIS ONE WITH SO MUCH STYLISTIC REPRESENTATION

AS PART OF RUDE'S AGREEMENT, HE GAVE AIW COMMISSIONER ADRIAN STREET SOMETHING THAT HE DESPERATELY WANTED IN EXCHANGE; THREE MEMBERS OF THE AIW CHAMPIONSHIP COMMITTEE WILL TAKE ON THE THREE MOST JUNIOR MEMBERS OF THE GOLD CLUB, NICK BOCKWINKEL, BILLY ROBINSON, & ADRIAN STREET WILL TEAM UP TO TAKE ON SCOTT ANTHONY, THE LIGHTNING KID, AND JERRY LYNN

NAOKI SANO WILL MAKE HIS OFFICIAL RETURN TO AIW TEAMING WITH WAYNE SHAMROCK TO TAKE ON JEFF JARRETT & BUDDY LANDEL, WHO'VE CALLED OUT SHAMROCK'S MENTOR IN YOSHIAKI FUJIWARA AFTER UNCONTROLLABLE URGE

AND WITH RUMBLINGS OF AIW'S INNOVATIVE "LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT" WEIGHT CLASS AND STYLE OF WRESTLING TO RECEIVE ITS OWN TITLE, AIW HAS BEEN INUNDATED BY APPLICATIONS FOR ENTRY IN A TITLE TOURNAMENT WE HAVEN'T EVEN ANNOUNCED YET! BUT HEAVEN TONIGHT WILL FEATURE SEVERAL LHW-STYLE MATCHES IN ORDER FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP COMMITTEE TO MAKE ITS OWN ASSESSMENTS REGARDING WHO MAY BE WORTHY OF A TOURNAMENT PLACING

9/14/91

AIW The Unheard Music (live on WGN in place of Transmission TV)

Aragon Ballroom

Chicago, IL

1) Blue Panther ©, Negro Navarro, & Pierroth defeat Misteriosito, Misterioso ©, & Rey Misterio in a captain's fall elimination match; Misteriosito was eliminated via pinfall by Panther after a backbreaker (4:16), Pierroth was eliminated via pinfall by Misterioso after a powerbomb (11:17), Misterio was eliminated via submission by Navarro with La Navarro Especial (13:38), Misterioso was eliminated via submission by Panther with El Nudo Lagunero (16:02), ending the match. (16:02)

2) Villano IV, Villano V, & Volador © defeat La Fiera, Fuerza Guerrera ©, & Kung Fu in a captain's fall elimination match; Kung Fu was eliminated via pinfall by V5 after a top rope crossbody (5:19), Guerrera was eliminated via DQ after hitting Volador with a low blow and trying to claim that Volador had hit him first (7:46), ending the match. Guerrera was incredulous and proceeded to low-blow the referee. (7:46)

3) Fatu, The Great Kokina ©, & Samu defeat Headhunter Manuel, Headhunter Victor, & TNT © in a no disqualification captain's fall elimination match; Fatu was eliminated via pinfall by Manuel after a spear from the ring to the floor (8:58), Manuel was eliminated via pinfall by Samu after a uranage through the timekeeper's table (13:43), Samu was eliminated via pinfall by Victor after being hit in the face with a 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire (15:24), Victor was eliminated via pinfall by Kokina, who had spent the better part of the match brawling around the arena with TNT, after a running senton with a chair placed on top of Victor (16:41), TNT was eliminated via pinfall by Kokina after a chokeslam after the two men had dueled for the last minutes of the match with barbed wire 2x4s, on which TNT landed after the slam (19:22), ending the match. (19:22)

4) El Freebird Fabuloso ©, Jeff Jarrett, & Buddy Landel defeat Black Magic ©, Dean Malenko, & Joe Malenko in a captain's fall elimination match; Joe Malenko was eliminated via pinfall by El Freebird after a spear (5:51), Dean Malenko was eliminated via pinfall by Jarrett after a DDT by Landel and a diving fist drop by Jarrett (8:12), Landel was eliminated by Black Magic via submission with a Boston Crab (8:28), Black Magic was eliminated via pinfall with a powerslam by El Freebird (13:15), ending the match. (13:15)

5) Chavo Guerrero ©, Eddie Guerrero, & Hector Guerrero defeat El Brazo, Brazo de Oro ©, & Brazo de Plata in a captain's fall elimination match after Brazo de Oro was eliminated by Hector Guerrero via submission with a Gory Special (14:38). ending the match. (14:38)

6) The Blue Blazer, Medico Muerte ©, & Wild Pegasus defeat The Relampago Kid, Rick Rude ©, & Sangre Minnesota in a captain's fall elimination match; Sangre Minnesota was eliminated via pinfall after a powerbomb (7:01), Rude was eliminated via countout after walking out on the match (9:29), not having shared the enthusiasm of his younger teammates from the start, ending the match. (9:29)

7) Eddie Guerrero won a 14-man battle royal to win the first-ever Zapata Cup, last eliminating Blue Panther. Eliminations in order... Villano IV by The Great Kokina (2:33), Negro Navarro by The Great Kokina (2:56), Hector Guerrero by The Great Kokina (3:28), The Great Kokina by El Freebird Fabuloso & Jeff Jarrett (3:34), Villano V by Chavo Guerrero (5:29), Jeff Jarrett by Medico Muerte (6:41), Volador by Blue Panther (6:59), The Blue Blazer by El Freebird Fabuloso (8:45), Chavo Guerrero by Blue Panther (9:01), Wild Pegasus by El Freebird Fabuloso (11:13), El Freebird Fabuloso & Medico Muerte by each other (14:28), Blue Panther by Eddie Guerrero (18:13). (18:13)

This is just a general post to ask if anyone has WON-level substantial WWF/WCW departure rumors, it'd be appreciated if you post them for when they're time relevant.

My sinus infection is killing me so that's why this has been more protracted than I'd like. Also, uh, I'm ostensibly a college senior.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9/20/91

AIW Heaven Tonight (live on WGN)

Rockford MetroCentre

Rockford, IL

1) 2 Cold Scorpio defeats Brady Boone via pinfall after a 450 splash (8:05)

2) John Tatum defeats Danny Boy Collins via pinfall after a California Kick (6:49)

3) Blue Panther defeats Fit Finlay via submission after applying El Nudo Lagunero (9:42)

4) Joe Malenko defeats Brian Christopher via submission after applying a Texas Cloverleaf (4:41)

X) Scotty Anthony, The Lightning Kid, & Jerry Lynn vs. Nick Bockwinkel, Billy Robinson, & Adrian Street never officially started after Bob Backlund interrupted after all six men had made their way out to the ring. He addressed the AIW Championship Committee and said that it would be undignified for them to compete in the ring while holding their places on the committee, and that because they were no longer full-time wrestlers, that the danger of getting hurt outweighed any kind of satisfaction in getting one over on the Gold Club. Hence, he volunteered to take their place, with his partners to be the Samoan Death Squad.

5) Bob Backlund, Fatu, & Samu defeat Scotty Anthony, The Lightning Kid, & Jerry Lynn via referee stoppage after Fatu hit Anthony with a top rope splash and Backlund immediately picked him up to put him into the crossface chickenwing, rendering Anthony unable to answer the ref's count (4:55)

6) Naoki Sano & Wayne Shamrock defeat Jeff Jarrett & Buddy Landel via pinfall by Shamrock on Landel, following a release Tiger suplex by Sano and a bridging German suplex by Shamrock (10:26)

7) Eddie Guerrero & Owen Hart defeat Lord Steven Regal & Squire David Taylor in a 2/3 falls match to retain the AIW Tag Team Championship; the Blue Bloods won the first fall via submission after Regal applied a Stump Puller on Hart (9:47), the Pan-Ams won the second fall via submission after Guerrero applied a Gory Special to Taylor (13:05), the Pan-Ams won the third and deciding fall via pinfall by Hart on Regal following a combination brainbuster/moonsault press by the Pan-Ams (22:14). Hart needed help from Guerrero to exit the ring after the damage exerted on his right leg during the match, but told backstage interviewer Boni Blackstone that "it's always worth the pain to prove that you're a rightful champion". (22:14)

8) Rick Rude defeats Steve Williams via disqualification to retain the AIW Heavyweight Championship. Because it was a special one-fall 25-minute time limit match instead of the standard 45-minute 2/3 falls format, Rude spent the majority of it trying to just waste time and stave off Dr. Death's vicious offensive barrages instead of taking his standard tact of sacrificing a fall or opportunistically manipulating the rules, by faking injuries, leaving the ring, generally finding ways to simply clown on Williams and delegitimize him as a challenger. When Williams could gain control, his onslaughts were even more explosive and powerful than normal, nearly getting the winning fall after a particularly thunderous Oklahoma Stampede where Rude was able to get a foot on the bottom rope at the absolute last quarter-second. With only two minutes remaining, Williams hit a desperation gutwrench powerbomb, heaving Rude forward like a javelin which gave the ever-crafty Rude a chance to kick Williams in the stomach as both men fell, leaving Williams unable to capitalize. Knowing that the end was nigh and that Williams could still mount a final charge, Rude crawled toward the referee as Williams lept up to seize the moment. He fell into the champion's trap, however, as Rude tripped Williams into the referee, who immediately disqualified Williams. AIW Commissioner Adrian Street was livid with Rude's actions, and declared that Williams was still #1 contender and that he would receive a rematch inside of a steel cage at AIW's next show in Chicago, Hellbound, on October 6. (23:20)

9/20/91

AIW Transmission TV (for 9/21/91)

Rockford MetroCentre

Rockford, IL

1) Billy Black, Joel Deaton, Doug Furnas, & Dan Kroffat defeat Bobby Fulton, Chavo Guerrero, Hector Guerrero, & Tommy Rogers via pinfall by Black on Fulton after a Tiger Driver by Furnas followed by a moonsault press from Black. (9:24)

2) The Great Kokina (w/ Fatu & Samu) & Tatanka defeat Takayuki Iizuka & Boris Zhukov via pinfall by Kokina on Zhukov after a running powerslam by Tatanka followed by a second-rope splash by Kokina. The ever-stoic Kokina motioned for the increasingly vocal Fatu to enter the ring, leading to Fatu asking the former Chris Chavis, now embracing his own native roots, if he had any interest in becoming a full-time associate of the Death Squad. Tatanka replied that he was honored by the offer to join the most "united and truly powerful" faction in all of AIW, but that if it didn't offend the three Samoans, he would need some time to consider it further. The SDS members seemed to respect this and left the ringside area together as a sign of their growing mutual respect. (3:51)

3) Terry Funk defeats Bob Holly via pinfall after a piledriver. (7:12)

X) AIW Championship Committee Chairman Nick Bockwinkel came to the ring to announce that the next WGN Superstation Supercard, Hallowed Ground, which he was proud to announce would take place in his beloved "second home town, you can never forget that I'm from beautiful Beverly Hills, of course", Minneapolis at the University of Minnesota's Williams Arena on October 26.

4) Bam Bam Bigelow & Black Magic defeat Terry Gordy & Paul Orndorff via pinfall by Magic on Orndorff after a Victory Roll. Magic was overjoyed to get his first win in AIW in nearly four months, which didn't sit well with Orndorff who immediately decked him with a pair of brass knuckles that he had been storing in his trunks. Bigelow rushed to the aid of his partner but Gordy was waiting for him, delivering a huge Thesz Press before rising to his feet and savagely laying the boots to Bigelow, directly aiming for the head in an effort to incapacitate him. The joint Cartel/Gold Club initiative celebrated having won the war, only to be ambushed by a truly rabid Chris Benoit wielding a steel chair, wearing a neckbrace after re-aggravating his neck injury from Uncontrollable Urge that he received at the hands of Gordy because of his desire to honor the lucha libre tradition at The Unheard Music. He swung at Orndorff's raised brass-ringed fist, crumpling the self-proclaimed "Mr. Wonderful", before setting his sights on the monstrous Gordy, delivering a savage chair shot straight to Gordy's head. The telecast went to black as Benoit dropped the chair onto the fallen Gordy and attempted to attend to Bigelow & Magic. (10:29)

9/24/91

AIW Transmission TV (for 9/28/91)

West Bradley Place

Chicago, IL

D) Bob Backlund defeats Frank Andersson via pinfall after a leaping piledriver (6:10)

D) Doug Gilbert & Eddie Gilbert defeat Brian Christopher & Tony Williams via pinfall by Eddie on Williams after a Hot Shot (7:58)

1) Jerry Lynn defeats Barry Houston via pinfall after a guillotine leg drop (4:52)

2) 2 Cold Scorpio vs. The Lightning Kid ends in a time-limit draw (15:00)

3) Naoki Sano defeats Jeff Jarrett via pinfall after a bridging Tiger suplex (9:41)

4) Chris Benoit vs. Buddy Landel (w/ Terry Funk) ends in a double countout after Funk distracted the referee long enough for Landel to pull Benoit out of the ring and into a chase, which was all a setup for Terry Gordy to ambush Benoit in revenge for the previous week's attack. Bam Bam Bigelow, Eddie Guerrero, & Owen Hart came out to defend their ally in Benoit, leaving the scene in chaos as the episode ended (6:17)

LIVE IN VILLA PARK, ILLINOIS, AIW'S "HELLBOUND" WILL TAKE PLACE ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, WITH A HUGE MAIN EVENT, "RAVISHING" RICK RUDE VS. "DR. DEATH" STEVE WILLIAMS FOR THE AIW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP INSIDE OF A STEEL CAGE, WHILE TERMS ARE YET TO BE FULLY AGREED UPON, THERE IS NO DOUBTING ONE THING; TWO MEN WHO HAVE SPENT MONTHS FIGHTING FOR THE GRANDEST NEW PRIZE IN WRESTLING WILL ENTER THE CAGE BUT ONLY ONE WILL EXIT AS CHAMPION.

IN ADDITION, TENSIONS BETWEEN CHRIS BENOIT AND TERRY GORDY THAT HAVE BEEN DEVELOPING FOR MONTHS WILL COME TO A HEAD AS THEY FACE OFF IN A FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH

WITH BOTH EDDIE GUERRERO AND OWEN HART COMPETING IN SINGLES COMPETITION AS PART OF THE CONTINUING EVALUATION OF THE BEST LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TALENT IN THE WORLD, THERE CANNOT BE A TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH, BUT IN ITS PLACE WILL BE A SUPER-SERIES INVOLVING THE "BLUE BLOODS", STEVEN REGAL & DAVID TAYLOR, THE "CAN-AM EXPRESS", DOUG FURNAS & DAN KROFFAT, THE "WILD BUNCH", BILLY BLACK & JOEL DEATON, THE "COMMONER KINGS", DANNY BOY COLLINS & FIT FINLAY, THE GILBERT BROTHERS, AND OTHERS STILL YET TO BE FINALIZED

ALSO IN ACTION WILL BE 2 COLD SCORPIO, BAM BAM BIGELOW, TERRY FUNK, THE LIGHTNING KID & JERRY LYNN, NAOKI SANO, WAYNE SHAMROCK, VICTOR ZANGIEV AND OTHERS YET TO COME... AND WHAT WILL BE ON THE MINDS OF THE SAMOAN DEATH SQUAD AFTER THIS LAST MONTH OF PURE HOSTILITY? WE'LL ONLY KNOW AFTER ONE OF AIW'S BIGGEST SHOWS YET.