Pro Wrestling Only

UNITED STATES WRESTLING ASSOCIATION

kevinmcfl

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small little note that Cornette is with an E. I am sure it is an auto correct thing but just wanted to pay it forward.

Like I stated with MACW, this roster is coming together. With the changes in the wind and some pieces moving... I hope that it brings that solid foundation that you have been looking for to have things settle enough to get in your rhythm for the long run heading into 86.

TlS8y7B.jpg?5

7/20/1985:

WTVT

8:00-9:00

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

“Yello again everybody. Welcome to The Main Event a USWA and UWF promotion coming to you from Memphis Tennessee. I am Lance Russell along with the young Jeff Jarrett. Well before we get to the ring, we must review what happened at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville last Thursday night.

We see a quick video of Tommy Gilbert and Eddie Gilbert interfering in the World title match between Austin Idol and Jerry “the King” Lawler” where Tommy Gilbert pulled out a chain and hit Lawler.

As the clip ends we see Jerry Lawler and the Honky Tonk Man with Lance and Jeff at the interview desk.

Lance Russell: Well Jerry! I guess you are going to have to have eyes in the back of your head. Idol is rounding up everyone that you may have crossed paths with over the last 15 years and they are coming after you. If Idol gets to keep that UWF Unified World Title every time one of his goons gets him Disqualified, it may be impossible to dethrone him.

Jerry Lawler: Lance, nothing is impossible and if he Austin Idol thinks he can find enough people who want to come at me in Memphis, he has another thing coming. Memphis is my town! My people and I know they got my back. As for the Gilberts, if they think they can slow me down they are OUT OF THEIR MINDS. Tommy Gilbert is a hasben and his punk son is a never was. They want to make this a family thing, I got no problem with that. Honky Tonk Man here is blood and together we are going to make those Gilbert’s bleed. This Thursday in the Mid-South Coliseum, I am going to take what is most near and dear to Eddie Gilbert and that is that UWF Southern Tag Team Title he holds with that other punk, Tommy Rich.

Honk Tonk Man echoes the same sentiments as he also hypes up the match before Lance Russell sends us to the ring for our first match.

MATCH: LANNY POFFO VS DAVID KING

An impressive win here for Poffo as he excited the crowd with a Moonsault for the victory.

------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------------

U.S. TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS RONNIE GARVIN & TERRY TAYLOR

VS

WAYNE PETTY & PAUL DIAMOND

During the match, Lance talks about how great Garvin and Taylor where in Nashville in the U.S. Tag Team tournament and about how hard the finals match was against the Tennessee Stud Stable (Rich and Gilbert)

The champs look real good here and they make quick work of the challengers. The end comes when Garvin follows up Taylor’s Airplane Spin on Petty with the Garvin Stomp!

At the interview desk Lance and Jeff congratulate the new champs who are very humble and talk about all the great tag teams in the USWA and that they are going to have to work hard to keep these belts.

All of a sudden, Jim Cornette comes out in a neck brace screaming about how the Midnight Express should be the champions.

Lance Russell: Come on now Jimmy. Your men were not even in the tournament. How could they be champions?

Jim Cornette: As I already told you clowns last week, we were not in the tournament because it was purposely held on a night that we would be out of town.

Ronnie Garvin: Let me get this straight? You are angry because the tournament was held the same night you met the Road Warriors for the UWF Tag Team Title because you are certain they would have won because the Midnight Express is the greatest team in wrestling today?

Jim Cornette: That’s right and my mother’s lawyers are looking it to. We will soon be the champions and we will also own the stinkin company.

Terry Taylor: Well if you are the best team in the world, then why don’t we see the World Titles around your team’s waist? And what happened to your neck?

Lance explains that Cornette stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and got whacked by a chair he brought to the ring.

Jim Cornette: Shut up Lance Russell before I sue you for liable. I am also going to sue Jerry Jarrett if we don’t get a title shot.

Jeff Jarrett: You are not going to sue my daddy and you will never own our company. I think there are so many great teams in the USWA and you will just have to wait your turn.

Jim Cornette: I am telling you right now you little punk, that my men will beat any team in the USWA and we challenge any team that thinks they can beat us to a match today right here on TV.

Lance Russell: Well look who seems to be coming out now to except your challenge. Fresh off of their victory over the Rat Pack it is the Samoan Connection!

Cornette is obviously taken back and looks worried he has bitten off more than his men can chew as Lance hypes up our new main event for today’s show.

MATCH:

VLAD THE RUSSIAN HAMMER VS BOB OWENS

HyYJNmv.jpg?1

While bringing some serious heat down on himself, Vlad makes quick work of Owens. He just beats the poor American to the point he can’t even stand up. The end finally come with a huge two fisted sledge hammer to the chest. Vlad antagonizes the fans all the way to the interview desk where he is wondering where all the strong Americans are. He goes on to explain that he has been here for two weeks and beaten two weak Americans and can’t wait to beat another next week.

All of a sudden, Spike Huber comes out to challenge the Russian. Huber gets a nice ovation as the crowd didn’t care who, they just wanted someone to stand up to this -bound, 6’8 Russian.

Unfortunately Huber plays to the crowd as he is getting their support.

WHAM!

A huge Russian Boot to the back and the beating is on.

After a minute or two we see officials and jobbers rush out to get Vlad back to the locker room.

MATCH:

JYD VS FRANK TAVARES

As JYD’s music begins to play the crowd goes wild! Dog makes quick work of Tavares with a Big Thump but it is at the interview desk that things get very interesting.

Lance congratulates Dog on his win but says that he has something very disturbing to show him.

As the video begins all we see is a suitcase full of money and we hear a somewhat familiar voice….

“In all my years of wrestling, I have never been pushed to do what I am about to do. I am going to pay any wrestler $25,000 if they can get rid of Junk Yard Dog. I am sick and tired of him getting all the attention. I am sick and tired of him getting all the big matches. Look at Battleground. Who had the World Title Shot? That’s right, Junk Yard Dog! Who has the title shot this week at the Mid-South Coliseum. That’s right JYD!

So listen up UWF. I don’t care if it is Ted Dibiase and the Rat Pack. I don’t care if it is Tommy Rich and the Stud Stable. I don’t care if it is Skandar Akbar and the Devastation Inc. Somebody has got to take him out.”

As the video ends, Lance Russell seems very concerned but JYD is all business. He starts howling at the moon and demands to know who this coward is that couldn’t even show his face on camera. He also points out that this yellow bellied chicken needs to pay someone to do what he wants done because he can’t do it himself. He dares Dibiase, Rich and Akbar to come for him as he has got a big 12 foot chain waiting for them and he is going to knock them right in the mouth!

JYD looks right at the camera and says he thinks Austin Idol is behind this because he knows he can’t beat him alone and this Thursday, he is going to take Idol’s World Unified Title and his money!

JIMMY GARVIN with PRECIOUS

VS

PISTOL PEZ WHATLEY

We get a little of everything here. Pez starts out on top by using his quickness but Garvin turns the tide with a sucker punch in the corner. Garvin stays on top and seems to have the match won after a big suplex but Pez kicks out.

Pez starts his comeback but only to be thrown out if the ring where he needs to deal with the cat like fighting style of Precious who claws at his back.

Pez catches Garvin with a shoulder block from the apron and almost gets the pin with a sunset flip if it weren’t from Precious again. This time she hoped up on the apron and distracted the ref.

Somehow she was able to flip the loaded purse to Garvin who clocked Whatley. All of a sudden, Terry Gordy hit the ring like a house afire and hit Garvin with some huge shots!

Garvin made a quick exit as the ref called for the bell and DQ’ed Pez for outside interference. Gordy picked up the loaded purse and pointed to Pez who was down and pleaded that he came to the ring because Garvin used a weapon!

The ref looked at Pez, looked at the purse and put two and two together and reversed his decision.

While the belt did not change hands, Garvin and Precious were fuming at Bam Bam!

At the interview desk, Terry Gordy is fuming mad and demands a match with Garvin. He says these fans deserve a team they can be proud of.

MAIN EVENT

THE SAMOAN CONNECTION

VS

THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

A wild one wear the Midnight Express had some real trouble dealing with the size of Farmer Boy Ipo and LeRoy Brown. A nice double team move by the Samoans seemed to have them poised for victory. Brown tagged in Ipo but before leaving the ring, he connected with a Savat kick to the head of Condrey. Condrey back peddled right into the arms of Ipo how nailed him with a Samoan drop.

Instead of making the 3 count, the ref delayed and went to Brown forcing him to exit the ring. Jim Cornette rushed in and connected with a tennis racket shot to Ipo just as Beautiful Bobby scampered up the ropes and come off with an Alabama Jammer!

Ipo was out and Brown saw this and tried to rush back in the ring but again, the ref not seeing what was happening, forced him out.

Eaton pulled Condrey on top of Ipo and left the ring. The ref turned around and saw Condrey on top of Farmer Boy and made the 3 count!

Lance Russell: What a show we had today. So long from Memphis! Don’t forget to join is in the Mid-South Coliseum this Thursday.

Matches include:

Vlad the Russian Hammer vs Spike Huber

UWF Southern Tag Team Championship:

Lawler and HTM vs Rich & Gibert

U.S. Heavyweight Title:

Jimmy Garvin with Precious vs Terry Gordy

UWF WORLD UNIFIED TITLE:

AUSTIN IDOL VS JYD

TlS8y7B.jpg?5

7/27/1985:

WTVT

8:00-9:00

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

“Yello again everybody. Welcome to The Main Event a USWA and UWF promotion coming to you from Memphis Tennessee. I am Lance Russell along with the young Jeff Jarrett. Well before we get to the ring, let’s take a look at a video from the Mid-South Coliseum last Thursday where it was Jerry Lawler and his cousin Honky Tonk Man vs Eddie Gilbert and Tommy Rich for the UWF Southern Tag Team Titles.

We see a quick video of Honky Tonk Man and Jerry Lawler crackin skulls in the ring during a period of chaos. All 4 men are in the ring until HTM tosses Gilbert through the ropes. Lawler, with the strap pulled down, comes off the middle rope with a nasty fist drop. He scoops up Wildfire and connects with a big piledriver.

Rich is out of it and it looks like new champs for sure. Lawler goes to high five HTM who is still in the ring but instead, HTM grabs Lawler by the arm and wraps him up……

WHAM!

HTM nails Lawler with a giant reverse neckbreaker and then drags Rich on top of Lawler for the 3 count!

When the video is over, we see HTM with the Southern Tag Team Champions (who are also 2/3 of the UWF 6 Man Champions with John Stud.)

Lance Russell: Ok you guys, what in the Sam Hill was that? I mean come on Honky Tonk Man.

Tommy Rich: All I can say Lance is that Jerry Lawler is one stupid fool for someone who is supposed to be king. I mean we were all just out here two weeks ago telling Lawler he aint got no friends. I mean he has crossed everyone in the business.

HTM: That’s right Wildfire. Lawler and I may be blood but that didn’t stop him from turning on me in the ring 5 years ago. He thinks he can do whatever he wants and that he is this popular rock star around here. Well Lawler, actions speak louder than words. You may say the right things but you never think the rules apply to you. Hotstuff and Wildfire are more family then you will ever be.

Eddie Gilbert: Last week, my father had the joy of crackin your skull with a chain. This week, your own family tried to break your neck. Who will it be next? You better have eyes in the back of your head. You think you are going to have gold around your waist? The only gold you are going to have is that store bought crown you wear around your spoiled head.

Lance Russell: Well I have heard about enough of this. Family turning against family. Let’s get to the ring before I become sick

MATCH: SWEET BROWN SUGAR VS LARRY CHEATEM

A nice return to Memphis for the fan favorite here as Sweet Brown Sugar shows his athleticism and willingness to duke it out in the middle of the ring when thing turned nasty. The finish came when Sugar connected with a series of Lightening Dropkicks.

----------COMMERCIAL BREAK---------

MATCH

JYD VS ROCKET MONROE

JYD plays nice until Monroe uses some questionable tactics on a break in the corner. This really got the Dog going and he finished off Monroe with a Big Thump!

Just as the ref made the 3 count we get the Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes & Roberts) rushing out as they attack the Dog. Dog tries his best but the Freebirds are just too much.

We hear Lance Russell saying this must be the Freebirds attempt at collecting that $25,000 bounty that someone put on the Dog. Jeff Jarrett is furious as you can tell JYD is one of his favorites.

Lance Russell: Well what in the Sam Hill is this? The Dog could be in real trouble now. It is none other than Captain Redneck, Dick Murdoch rushing to the ring. We all know the rocky relationship these two have had down in Mid-South.

To the surprise and shock of all, Murdoch does not try to collect the bounty but instead starts throwing haymakers at the Freebirds. Dog recovers quickly and he and Murdoch soon control the ring as the Freebirds beat a hasty retreat. It is exactly what you get when you combine JYD and Murdoch.

JYD and Murdoch look cautiously at each other and Murdoch extends a hand. JYD, slowly at first but then enthusiastically shakes it.

The two head to the interview desk where Murdoch takes the lead.

Dick Murdoch: I know the Dog and I have had some battles but we have also been teammates. We were 3 times Mid-South Tag Team Champions and we are like family. Families don’t always get along but when someone is after family, you protect your own. When I heard that some low life rotten scoundrel went and put a bounty of JYD to try and put him out of Wrastlin, I just had to come up here and watch his back.

JYD thanks Murdoch but says anyone that wants to come out and go after the Dog is going to have to pay the price and the Freebirds are going to have to pay big time. He asks Murdoch to be his partner this week in Nashville as they go get some revenge.

Murdoch accepts and Lance Russell hypes up this challenge match for all the fans in the Nashville area.

----------COMMERCIAL BREAK---------

MATCH

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS with JIM CORNETTE

VS

DAVE & TYLER OWENS

The best part of this match, was the introduction by Jim Cornette. The end came when Beautiful Bobby followed up Condrey’s suplex with an Alabama Jammer.

At the interview desk, Cornette is all business and is demanding a title shot against Ronnie Garvin and Terry Taylor for the UWF U.S. Tag Titles. This brings out Jonathan Boyd and Rip Morgan who claim that they are the #1 contenders for the titles.

It is interesting to watch two heel teams go face to face and you can almost feel the crowd hope that they beat the crap out of each other as they settle their dispute.

Cooler heads prevail as we get Jerry Jarrett coming out telling the two teams that they will have a Best of 3 Series to find out who the # contender is and that it will begin this Thursday in Nashville.

The two teams seem satisfied with the solution and walk off!

MATCH

VLAD THE RUSSIAN HAMMER VS AL COSTELLO

Lance and Jeff barely have a chance to review the beating Vlad gave Spike Huber in the Mid-South Coliseum last Thursday before this one is over. The 6’8, 300 pounder just continued to run over every USWA wrestler. The end came with that devastating double fisted sledgehammer to the chest and neck area that caused Costello to completely flip in mid-air and land on his head.

Vlad, in broken English, spends a minute at the interview desk where he dares any American to step up to him.

----------COMMERCIAL BREAK----------

When we come out of break, we see a dejected Jerry Lawler at the interview desk. It takes him a minute or two to really get going but when he does, he is demanding to get his cousin HTM in the ring and that he is going to take this boy out to the woodshed if you know what I mean.

All of a sudden, Austin Idol comes out with Freddie Blassie and he laughing it up.

Austin Idol: We told you Lawler. We told you. You aint got no friends in the business. You can take out HTM if you like but we got a long line of others ready for you. How about this, you beat HTM this week and survive whatever other surprises we have instore for you and I will give you another title shot. Maybe even at Beach Brawl in Miami!

Jerry Lawler: HTM has no chance in Nashville and even his own mother knows that. You just signed your own death notice Idol. I can’t wait to feel the sand beneath my toes and the gold around my waist!

Lance Russell is glad this little interview segment did not end in violence and takes us to the ring where we see two more of Lawler’s biggest headaches.

MATCH:

UWF SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

TENNESSEE STUD STABLE (Rich & Gilbert)

VS

THE SAMOAN CONNECTION (Farmer Boy Ipo & LeRoy Brown)

A great bout here as the Studs had trouble dealing with the Samoans size and hard heads. Ipo and Brown seemed on their way to the title by using their hard heads as battering rams.

But the end came when Wildfire distracted the ref as Tommy Gilbert came down to ringside and slipped hi son a chain which he wrapped around his fist and laid Brown out!

The ref, not knowing any better, made the three count as Lance Russell and Jeff Jarrett tried to plead the case of the Samoans from the interview desk!

When the match was over and the Stud’s were at the interview desk hoopin and hollerin, Jerry Jarrett came out and said that he is sick and tired of their tactics and that he has a surprise for them.

Jerry Jarrett: This week in Nashville. You boys will be putting your titles on the line in Nashville. If there is any help from the outside, you boys will lose your title! If you use an illegal weapon, you will lose your titles!

Gilbert and Rich seem a little less smug and demand to know who their opponents will be.

Jarrett says it is always better to see then to hear. He asks them to look at the video screen where we see Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. When Rich and Gilbert find out it is the Rock n Roll Express the go completely bonkers and demand that Jarrett change this but he is obviously quite proud of himself and hoped the Stud Stable’s days are numbered.

----------COMMERCIAL BREAK----------

When we come out of break, we hear Lance hyping up tonight’s Main Event which will be for the USWA Title as Jimmy Garvin defends against Terry Gordy. Lance explains that Gordy came within seconds of winning the title last week in Memphis as he connected with a piledriver and had the champ down but at 2 ¾, the bell rang as time expired.

All of a sudden Jimmy Garvin and Precious come to the table and we see Garvin in a neckbrace. He is saying that he can’t wrestle tonight as he is injured due to the ILLEGAL PILEDRIVER that Terry Gordy used.

Lance explains that the move is dangerous but it is not illegal here in the USWA and that he better get in the ring.

Eddie Marlin, the head of the USWA Board of Directors comes out and simply gives Garvin 2 choices. He can either get in the ring now or be stripped of his title.

With this ultimatum, Garvin heads to the ring.

MAIN EVENT

U.S. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

JIMMY GARVIN with PRECIOUS

VS

TERRY “BAM BAM” GORDY

Garvin plays the wounded animal and ties his best to beg for Gordy to leave him alone.

Gordy finally gets his hands on the champ and the beating is on.

Precious wastes no time and heads right to the ring. She tries to sneak up on Gordy and is ready for the loaded purse shot.

Gordy turns around just in time and catches her hands. He rips the purse from her grip and throws the purse to the arena floor. Garvin is down and just watches as Gordy grabs his valet. The crowd is urging him to hit her!

Gordy is obviously thinking. On one hand, he knows the jezebel deserves it and on the other hand, he knows he can’t just wind up and hit a women!

It is like a lightbulb goes off in his head. He picks her up and put her over his knee and begins to spank her!

Lance Russell and Jeff Jarrett are loving every moment of this but the camera catches Jimmy Garvin as he rips off his neck brace and rushes outside the ring to grab a chair.

WHAM!

Just as TV time expires, Garvin clocks Gordy with the chair.

Lance Russell: Wow, you can’t put anything past Garvin and Precious. From the fake injury, to the loaded purse to the chair shot. This duo is a force to be reckon with but trust you me, when Gordy gets up, they better be gone. So long from Memphis and don’t forget to join us this Thursday in Nashville. Matches include:

JERRY LAWLER VS HONKY TONK MAN:

(If Lawler wins, he gets another shot at Auston Idol and the UWF Title)

JYD & DICK MURDOCH VS THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS

UWF SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE MACTH

The Tennessee Stud Stable vs the Rock n Roll Express

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH FOR THE UWF U.S. NATIONAL TAG TITLES

The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette vs The Kiwi Sheepherders

VLAD THE RUSSIAN HAMMER VS LANNY POFFO

TlS8y7B.jpg?5

8/3/1985:

WTVT

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

“Yello again everybody. Welcome to The Main Event a USWA and UWF promotion coming to you from Memphis Tennessee. I am Lance Russell along with the young Jeff Jarrett. Well before we get to the ring, let’s take a look at a video from the Tennessee State Fairgrounds Thursday where it was Jerry Lawler vs his cousin Honky Tonk Man. If Lawler won the match, he would receive a UWF World Title Shot vs Austin Idol!

SHORT SUMMARY VERSION TO MAKE SURE I POST ON TIME SO AS NOT TO KEEP GENE AND BEACH BRAWL WAITING.

-We see a quick video where Lawler and HTM are fighting it out in the center of the ring. Lawler gets the best of this exchange and then hits a big bodyslam. He drops the shoulder strap down and heads to the ropes where he connects with a middle rope fist drop for the win.

On the way to the locker room, a tired and beaten up Lawler is attacked by Austin Idol with Freddie Blassie and his cane. This was all an attempt to make sure Lawler didn’t make it to Beach Brawl. Unfortunately for Lawler, he doesn’t have many friends right now and the attack went on for some time.

After the video, we see Lawler, with a few bumps and bruises on his face, give a great interview about how it didn’t matter what Idol did; what Blassie did; what the HTM did or what the Stud Stable did. Tomorrow night in Miami, he was going to WIN the World title. He goes on to say why would an old geezer like Blassie come out with a cane and hit the King over the head. It is because he is afraid. He knows Idol has no shot and that he better have another plan if he ever wants to see that World Title again.

ANGLE #2: The $25,000 bounty on JYD

-We see two newcomers in black masks who call themselves The Midnight Cowboys win a squash match against two jobbers.

-After the match, they come to the interview desk where they are asked to watch a short clip from last week’s card in Nashville and the match between JYD and Dick Murdoch against the Freebirds.

-The match was going hot and heavy and all of a sudden these Midnight Cowboys hit the ring with chairs and went right after JYD. Murdoch tried his best to save his buddy but just got a chair shot for his good deed. The Freebirds and the Cowboys really went to town on JYD who had to be carried from the arena on a stretcher.

-After the video, the Cowboys demand that they receive ½ of the bounty for taking out JYD and that they want their money NOW!

-Lance Russell lets the Cowboys know that he has a letter from someone calling himself John and John says that he really doubts that a few shots from a chair will put JYD out of wrestling and that the Midnight Cowboys will have to wait for their money to make sure JYD is gone for good.

-The Midnight Cowboys are confident that their work is done when all of a sudden the crowd explodes as a chain swinging JYD and a tapped fist Dick Murdoch hit the interview area. The Cowboys run for cover and JYD grabs the microphone demanding to know who has put this bounty on his head. Who is the John character and why doesn’t he have the guts to show his face.

ANGLE #3: Are the Midnight Express or the Kiwi Sheepherders the #1 Contenders to the U.S. National Tag Titles held by Ronnie Garvin and Terry Taylor.

-After a squash match that saw the Midnight Express come out top against Don Taylor and Frank Dalton, Jim Cornette is magic on the microphone.

He is ranting and raving about how great his team is and how easily they defeated the Kiwi Sheepherders in Nashville. Jim Ross reminds him how much easier things are after you hit your opponents over the head with a tennis racket and that it is not over yet as this is a best 2-3 series and that the next match will take place this week in the Mid-South Coliseum.

ANGLE #4: U.S. NATIONAL TITLE: JIMMY GARVIN VS TERRY GORDY

-Terry Gordy wins the main event match over the Cuban Assassin with a powerbomb.

-At the interview desk, they show a video from last week’s TV show in the match between Garvin and Gordy. We see Garvin laying in the corner with a neck brace on as Precious comes in but is caught by Gordy. Gordy puts Precious over his knee and gives her a pretty good spanking. All of a sudden, Garvin who must have been faking the injury, rips off the neck brace and goes wild on Bam Bam.

-Lance asks Gordy about how he felt after he hit a women. Gordy quickly changed Lance’s words to spank a women and says it did two things. “First of all, my mommy always spanked him when he did something wrong. Gordy says his momma believed you had to smack the bad outta people.” Gordy says he was also tired of Jimmy Garvin ducking him as he reminds everyone that Ed Marlin had to force him into the ring last week or take his title from him. He says there is one way to make a man fight and that is to mess with his women.

-All of a sudden Jimmy Garvin and Precious come out as it looks like for the first time Garvin is looking to fight and not run. Gordy is ready and the two square off. All of a sudden, Ed Marlin comes out and demands they stop or else he will strip Garvin of the belt and that Gordy will never get another title shot. Marlin goes on to say that this rivalry has crossed the line and that it must be solved once and for all. He announces that this Thursday in Nashville it will be the last match between Garvin and Gordy and that it will be 2-3 Falls for the U.S. Heavyweight Title and that since you two love to break the rules, THERE WILL BE NO RULES!

Just before Marlin walks off to end the show, he turns and says…… Oh sorry, one rule…. Precious is band from the building. As the screen fades to black we see an irate Jimmy Garvin.

-Also on the show tonight, we saw

-Another dominate performance by Vlad the Russian Hammer. Lance is really wondering if he can be stopped.

-Wins by Chris Benoit as he used the ropes for a slingshot suplex and a win by Pez Whatley with a Flying Willie (Headbutt)

Lance Russell: So long from Memphis and don’t forget to join Beach Brawl tomorrow night in Miami as the King goes for the UWF Title against Austin Idol and so much more. We will also be in Memphis and the Mid-South Coliseum this Thursday.

LAST CHANCE U.S. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Jimmy Garvin vs Terry Gordy: 2/3 Falls with Precious banned from ringside

TlS8y7B.jpg?5

8/10/1985:

WTVT

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

“Yello again everybody. Welcome to The Main Event a USWA and UWF promotion coming to you from Memphis Tennessee. I am Lance Russell along with the young Jeff Jarrett. The big news in the UWF this week is coming out of Beach Brawl in Miami, Florida where our own Jerry Lawler has captured the UWF Unified Heavyweight Title from Jerry Lawler. If that is not enough, you need to see what happened after the match.

SUMMARY VERSION

ANGLE #1: UWF UNIFIED WORLD TITLE

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

We see a video of the match between Austin Idol and Jerry Lawler and what happens after the match courtesy of Continental Championship Wrestling….

Jerry 'the King' Lawler pinned "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles after a piledriver to win the UWF Unified World Championship.

ggWhh3n.jpg?2

Afterwards, Teddy Muscles, Blassie, and Harley Race were fighting with the outside referee to get into the cage…Lawler sees this and climbs over to escape the attack….they manage to get in the cage just as Lawler is getting to the floor and leaving with his new title belt. Idol struggles to get back to his feet as Blassie starts berating him about losing…Idol tries to shrug him off but Blassie slaps him across the face, Idol grabs him around throat and starts choking him as the crowd erupts but Idol is quickly cut off by Teddy Muscles and Harley Race…..they put the boots to him and then give him a spike piledriver……they continue to put the boots to him until Dusty Rhodes and Jerry Lawler come back out and clear them out of the ring.

Dusty grabs the mic and says, "Freddie Blassie….you tell them Sammartinos…THEIR ASS IS MINE, BABY!!! RIGHT HERE IN MIAMI I WANT THEM BOTH IN A CAGE AGAINST ME AND WHOEVER I DECIDE TO BRING WITH ME!!"

The crowd erupts!! The show ends on a high note with the Dream and the new World Champ in the cage as EMTs check on the fallen Austin Idol.

When the video ends we see both Jerry Lawler and Austin Idol at the interview desk. Lawler is receiving all kinds of congratulations from Lance, Jeff Jarrett and the fans. Lawler thanks them and say he is ready for all the challenges that lie ahead as he knows he is in for a tough road.

Lance then asks the King about why he came back to the ring with Dusty Rhodes to help Idol who was under attack from Race and the rest of Blassie’s gang.

Jerry Lawler: You know Lance, Austin and I go back a long way. Sometimes we are at each other’s throats and sometimes we got each other’s backs. Remember that together we have held the Southern Tag Titles on 2 occasions. When Dusty and I looked at what was going on in the ring we knew what was right. I hope Austin and I can continue to be on the same side as I have no interest in getting back in the ring with him. He is one tough hombre and he wore me OUT!

Austin Idol: Well King, I am just grateful for you and Dusty and I hope we can work together to help clean up Memphis wrestling and maybe, just maybe, someday you and I will step into that ring and knock each other around a bit.

All of a sudden the crowd pops as Superstar Bill Dundee is back in Memphis.

Lance Russell: Well Bill, it’s nice to have you back again but I hope it will be peaceful. The last time you were in Memphis, you and Austin had some problems.

Bill Dundee: Well Lancer, yeah, I am here on TV to congratulate my good friend, the Kingfish on his big win and if he is ok with Idol, so am I. I mean we all go back a long way. Sometimes it’s the three of us bashing in the heads of some dude who has stepped out of line and sometimes its 2 of us bashing in the head of the third when he has stepped out of line. But remember Lancer, this party has been going on all week long at Corkys down on Biele Street and the three of us have worked everything out and together we are going to make sure there is no funny business that the Kingfish has to deal with.

vkrA1v9.jpg?2

Lance Russell informs the trio that they all better watch their backs as “Classy” Freddie Blassie and Handsome Harley Race are claiming that the UWF belt won’t be around Lawler’s waist for long.

ANGLE #2: UWF U.S. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Lance hypes up the fact that Beach Brawl was not the only big card that took place this week as there was a major event in the Mid-South Coliseum that featured a bout for the U.S. Championship and it was the last chance for Terry Gordy to win the belt from Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin. Lance also reminds us that Eddie Marlin has banned Precious from ringside for this event.

Lance brings us to another video and we see Garvin pleading with Bam Bam to back off but no chance. Gordy actually shoves the ref a bit to get to Garvin and he scoops him up and walks around the ring with him for a while before planting a running powerslam on him. Somehow Garvin kicked out but that just delayed the inevitable as Gordy follows it up with a Jumping Piledriver and that was all she wrote.

Gordy was at the interview desk where he was as loud as good be and verbally attacked bot Garvin and Precious. All of a sudden Precious comes out screaming about how Gordy is a bully for shoving the ref and that he should have been disqualified. She is also still fuming about being spanked by Gordy on TV two weeks ago.

Gordy laughs as he reminds everyone that the only rule to his match with Garvin was that this jesabel was banned from ringside. He also makes some joke about how all the guys in the locker room heard she liked to be spanked!

SMACK!

Precious clocks Gordy and vows revenge before stomping off.

ANGLE #3: Are the Midnight Express or the Kiwi Sheepherders the #1 Contenders to the U.S. National Tag Titles held by Ronnie Garvin and Terry Taylor.

-After a squash match that saw the Kiwi Sheepherders come out top by just beating the crap out of Verlon Briggs and Homer O’Dell, we see the Sheepherders at the interview desk.

4sLMWaJ.jpg

Lance hypes up their victory in the Mid-South Coliseum against the Midnight Express when Denis Condrey distracted the ref and Jim Cornette attempted to toss the tennis racket to Beautiful Bobby but it was intercepted by Jonathen Boyd. Boyd clocked Eaton to even this best of 3 series and 1 match each.

The Sheepherders are screaming about what they are going to do to Midnight Express this week in Nashville and what will happen to that little weasel Jim Cornette if they get their hands on him.

All of a sudden, the weasel himself dares to come out and he is screaming about how the Sheepherders should have been disqualified for using an illegal object.

The young Jeff Jarrett can’t contain himself and reminds Cornette that he threw the racket in to be used on the Sheepherders just as he did in the first match with the Midnight Express won after using the racket.

Cornette goes off on Jeff Jarrett and threatens that his mother’s lawyers will sue him and he will take this company from his father and that the two of them will be homeless within a week.

Jerry Jarrett comes out and gets right in the face of Cornette and seems furious about how his son was treated. He does agree with Cornette on one thing. Both of these teams like to use illegal weapons so he is going to allow both teams to use their favorite weapons in the match in Nashville.

The Midnight Express can use a tennis racket while the Sheepherders can use a New Zealand flag pole.

Cornette is upset that the flag pole is an unfair advantage and that Jarrett is doing anything he can to stop the greatest tag team in the world from winning the U.S. National Tag Team belts.

Jerry Jarrett: SO SUE ME!

-Also on the show tonight, we saw

-2JrE4cL.png?1

Another dominate performance by Vlad the Russian Hammer. This time it was in the main event against Pistol Pez Whatley. This was really a step up in competition but it seems like nothing can stand up to that Double Fisted Sledgehammer. Lance is really wondering if he can be stopped. We also find out that Vlad will be facing the UWF TV World TV Champion next week.

- A win in a tough Non-title match for the U.S. National Tag Team Champions against Bobby Jaggers and Invader #1 (Jerry Ho) as Ronnie Garvin followed up Terry Taylor’s Airplane spin on Invader #1 with the Garvin Stomp. At the interview desk, the champs told us it didn’t matter if they faced the Midnight Express or the Kiwi Sheepherders and that they were ready for both.

- A dominate win for Superfly Snuka against former NWA Jr. Heavyweight Champion Les Thorton. Thorton, playing the arrogant British heel, was technically very good but could not handle the power of the now fan favorite Superfly. A couple of headbutts followed up by a big slam set Thorton up for the best finisher in all of wrestling…. The Superfly Splash!

- A great main event win for Superstar Bill Dundee and Austin Idol who seemed to be on the same page against Honky Tonk Man and Tommy Gilbert. The end came when Dundee did a great job of playing the face in peril and escaped to tag in the Universal Heartthrob who came in like a house afire. A few haymakers to HTM followed up by a bodyslam-Las Vegas Leglock Combo to Gilbert claimed victory and made the crowd happy. The problem was that this was all a set up as the Southern Tag Team Champs, Wildfire Rich and Eddie Gilbert hit the ring and took out Superstar and Idol. What was interesting here was that the new UWF Unified World Champion NEVER came out to help the duo who said had his back earlier in the show!!

Lance Russell: So long from Memphis and don’t forget to join us in Nashville this week. Matches to include

(Tennis Racket vs New Zealand Flag Pole Match)

UWF 6 MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

SUPERSTAR BILL DUNDEE, AUSTIN IDOL & JERRY LAWLER

VS

THE TENNESEESS STUDD STABLE (Rich, Gilbert and John Stud)

• 2 weeks later...

TlS8y7B.jpg?5

8/20/1985:

WTVT

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

“Yello again everybody. Welcome to The Main Event a USWA and UWF promotion coming to you from Memphis Tennessee. I am Lance Russell along with Jeff Jarrett. The big news this week is that we finally have a #1 contender for the U.S. National Tag Team Titles. Let’s get right to the VTR from the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville.

SUMMARY VERSION

ANGLE #1: #1 CONTENDER FOR THE U.S. TAG TITLES

We see a short clip in the final match in the Best of 3 Series between the Midnight Express and the Kiwi Sheepherders. The interesting part of this was that the Midnight Express could use Cornette’s tennis racket and the Sheepherders could use the New Zealand flag pole and flag.

As would be expected, the video starts with complete chaos as all 4 are in the ring and there is no ref to be seen. We are informed that he was knocked down in the chaos but this gives the Midnight Express a numbers advantage as now there is no one to stop Cornette from getting involved. As Cornette gets in the ring, Jonathan Morgan rams the butt end of the flag pole into the ribs of Cornette and then tries to choke him out with the flag. This did take Cornette out but it allowed the Express the window they needed. Condrey clocks Rip Morgan in the head with the tennis racket followed up by Bobby Eaton coming off the top rope with the Alabama Jammer and the pin.

When the video ends, we see Cornette in the ring and he gives his team a great introduction as the techno music begins to play.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, put your hands together for the soon to be U.S. National Tag Team Champions…… The greatest tag team in professional wrestling today….. The Midnight Express!

We see a quick squash match against Don Serrano and Mike Hall that ends with another Alabama Jammer.

At the interview desk, Cornette hypes up their victory over the Sheepherders and makes some rather boastful claims at how easy it is going to be for the Midnight Express to take the U.S. titles forn Ronnie Garvin and Terry Taylor!

Later in the show champions won their match against Honky Tonk Man and Tommy Gilbert as Garvin ducked under a right hand that was wrapped in a chain by Gilbert and knocked him out with one blow.

At the interview desk, Lance let’s everyone know that is exactly why Garvin is known as the “Hands of Stone.”

Both Garvin and Taylor tag turns on the microphone and express how excited they are to beat the Midnight Express and shut up Jim Cornette.

Lance informs us that the Midnight Express are the #1 contenders but there has not been a date set yet.

ANGLE #2: UWF U. S. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

We see Terry Gordy defend his U.S title against Master G where he claims a nice win after putting together some big power moves. The end came after he scooped up G and walked around the ring for a bit before planting him with a big running powerslam.

At the interview desk, we get a little more than we bargained for as Terry’s post-match interview is interrupted by none other than Stan Hansen. Hansen says that he has some unfinished business with Gordy from Battleground and that he is sick and tired of Bam Bam calling himself a champion as defends against the likes of Master G!

Hansen says that Gordy has two choices. He can either face Hansen this week in Memphis or he can get his rear end beat right now!

Gordy’s answer is “how about both” and he jumps at Hansen and the brawl is on. It takes all types of jobbers and officials from the back to separate the two.

After the commercial break, we find out that the title match has been signed for the Mid-South Coliseum.

ANGLE #3: CAN ANYONE STOP VLAD THE RUSSIAN HAMMER

Tonight, we see Vlad take on the UWF TV Champion, Iceman Parsons. Now this main event match brought some serious heat as the Russian has been dominate since coming to Memphis. He comes out tonight and brings some more heat as he demands the crowd stand for the future champ.

As angry as the fans are, they quickly change as we get a little Sister Sledge playing as Iceman comes to the ring. As good as Iceman has been, it doesn’t matter here. The Russian is just too big and powerful. Iceman gets a little hope spot that is quickly put down when Vlad drops him throat first across the top rope. Vlad finished off Iceman with his double fisted Russian Sledge Hammer as Lance and young Jeff Jarrett seem depressed as the announce the Russian as the new TV champ.

ANGLE #4: BATTLE OF THE BELTS

Jerry Jarrett comes out as he is excited to announce that the UWF has partnered with the Tennessee State Fair for a week long extravaganza titled MUSIC CITY MANIA and it will take place in Nashville while the State fair is going on. The UWF will share the main stage area with some of today’s hottest country music stars and the event will run from September 7-15.

The format will include a singles tournament and a tag tournament for all the UWF promotions (Mid-South, USWA, Continental and Central States) where the winners will be awarded the Music City Championship and also be awarded entrance into the second stage of the event which will be where each UWF Title will be defended. Stage three will be a Gauntlet Style match where all 12 UWF title holders will wrestle. They will be chosen randomly and if you win, you stay in to face the next man up. Last man standing will be the winner and get a World title shot the following day. The 4 tag team champions in the UWF will face off in a 4 corner elimination match where the winner will get a World title shot the following day.

-ANGLE #5: THE MEMPHIS FOREVERS

-A rather quiet night for the Memphis regulars as Austin Idol won a match against Les Thorton. This was pretty technical until Thorton made the mistake of using some questionable tactics. Idol was fine mixing it up and then finished off Thorton with the Vegas Leg Lock

-Dundee joined Idol at the interview desk where they did their best to throw some digs at Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert who were absent tonight. Idol and Dundee both hyped up their looks and wondered how Rich and Gilbert called themselves the Stud Stable. Idol said that Rich couldn’t even be a stud on the Pig Farm he was raised on and Dundee asked Lance if he knows what happened to Eddie Gilbert’s mother when she dropped him off at school.

Lance plays along and asks what.

Bill Dundee: She got a ticket for littering.

Lance Russell: Ok, ok. That will be enough of that.

In other action

- Superfly Snuka keeps rolling. This time against jobber LeRoy Renfro as he used a couple of headbutts followed up by a big slam to set Renfro up for the best finisher in all of wrestling…. The Superfly Splash!

Lance Russell: So long from Memphis and don’t forget to join us at the Mid-South Coliseum this week where Terry Gordy will defend his U.S. title against Stan Hansen.

TlS8y7B.jpg?5

8/27/1985:

WTVT

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

"Yello again everybody. Welcome to The Main Event a USWA and UWF promotion coming to you from Memphis Tennessee. I am Lance Russell along with Jeff Jarrett. Let’s get right to it and bring in the UWF Unified World Champion, Jerry “The King” Lawler who we haven’t seen here in a few weeks.

Lawler goes on to explain that he has been traveling around the UWF and is just getting back from a trip down in the Mid-South area.

Lance says that he heard that he had a really tough battle with Hacksaw Butch Reed.

Lawler goes on to explain to anyone who missed it, that Hacksaw Reed has switched managers and is under the guide of Ernie Ladd.

Lance takes a deep breath as he says that Lawler doesn’t need to explain Ladd to any of the wrestling fans here in Memphis as the last time he was here, chaos followed him where ever he went.

Lawler agrees and explains that taking on Reed is tough enough but it was like fighting two men with Ladd taking every cheap shot he could. Lawler says that he was lucky to escape with a 30 minute draw and how good it feels to be back in Memphis to see all the great people.

MATCH:

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS DEFEAT PEZ WHATLEY & MASTER G

A great match for tv but again Cornette and his tennis racket get involved as he cracked Pez over the head just as he was going for his finisher, the Flying Willie. This set up Beautiful Bobby for the Alabama Jammer and the win.

At the interview desk, Cornette played dumb and had no idea what Lance was talking about with the tennis racket and that he better be careful or his mother’s lawyers would be on the phone again!

When asked by Lance what he meant by again, Cornette goes off on a rampage about how the USWA Officials and the U.S. Tag Team Champions, Ronnie Girlvin and Theresa Taylor refuse to give the greatest tag team in the World Today their title shot. He is screaming about how he doesn’t blame the current tag team champs and he would be afraid to get in the ring with Beautiful Bobby and Lover Boy Denis and they should just hand the titles over.

Lance guarantees Cornette that Ronnie GARVIN and TERRY Taylor are not afraid which Cornette again threatens to sue Lance for calling him a liar.

Lance says that he has had enough of this and goes to commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

THE ROCK N ROLL EXPRESS DEFEAT FRANK DALTON & TONY RUSSO IN A COMPLETE SQUASH MATCH WITH THE END COMING WITH THE DOUBLE DROPKICK!

This segment got a little wild when at the interview desk the Rock N Roll Express really hyped up the tag teams her in the UWF and the rattled off a bunch of teams but left one out….. The Kiwi Sheepherders….. took offense and came out saying that they don’t understand all the hype about Morton and Gibson.

Jonathan Boyd: I don’t get it. What is wrong with all you bloody yanks! Look at these two little girly men next to Rip and myself. I mean I have bloody underestimated people before but not this time. You two think you are one of the top teams around well guess what. We will beat you to a bloody pulp and stick you 6 feet in the ground.

The Rock n Roll Express don’t back down and this all leads to a casket match for this week in Nashville at the Tennessee State fairgrounds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH

ICEMAN PARSONS DEFEATS KEN SHANE WITH THE BUTT BUMP!

At the interview desk, Lance Russell congratulates Iceman for getting back on the winning track after losing the UWF World TV Title last week to Vlad the Russian Hammer.

Before Iceman answers we hear a set of Congo drums beating and then we here the speakers blaring a rhythmic chant…. We Are …..The Nation…. Of Domination over and over again.

We see Ernie Ladd leading Hacksaw Reed to the interview area and Lance wants to know what they are doing here as they are not on the schedule today. Jeff Jarrett mumbles that he hopes they are never on again.

Iceman looks ready for a confrontation but Ladd tells him to give him a few minutes and he will understand.

Ernie Ladd: I have been around professional sports for a long time and nothing changes. I mean the MAN tries to keep us down for ever but what I saw last week in Houston went beyond anything I have ever experienced. The UWF conspired against my man to keep him from becoming the first ever black champion.

Lance Russell: What are you talking about. This is ridiculous. Lawler already said how you kept interfering in the match and that it ended in a draw. We have seen your games around here before but this takes the cake.

Ernie Ladd: I knew you would say something like that so I brought the video tape. PLAY THE TAPE NOW!

Lance hesitates but the tape is played.

We see the last few seconds of the world title match. Hacksaw Reed Gorilla Press Slams Lawler and goes for the pin.

1…

2…

DING DING DING!

Lance Russell: Not sure what you are doing here Ladd. The tape proves that the match was a time limit draw!

Ernie Ladd: You are just like the rest of them. Look closely at the timer at the top of the screen. That bell sounded at 29:55. There where still 5 seconds left. Plenty of time to give Hacksaw the win and the title! I have been around this for over 25 years but now, the Nation of Domination will not stand for it!

Iceman Parsons: Look Ladd, you stole my time and I am getting real tired of your message.

Ernie Ladd: Hold on! Hold on brother. This has as much to do with you as Hacksaw.

Lance Russell: Oh come on. Enough is enough. Get out of here.

Ernie Ladd: I will in one second if you answer this one question. Next month in Nashville is the huge event, Music City Mayhem, to showcase all the top talent in the UWF. In fact, there are over 50 wrestlers involved. The first day is for the Music City Bowl for anyone who doesn’t hold a title. Iceman has lost one match in the last 3 months. One of the top wrestlers in all of the UWF. Well I know Lance that you have the list of wrestlers involved in that tournament right there om that piece of paper. Look down and tell me if Iceman is even entered?

Lance looks down and seems surprised not to find Iceman’s name.

Ernie Ladd: See Iceman. The MAN will do anything to keep us down. Come join the Nation of Domination and we together we will cripple the MAN. We are going to grow and grow until The Nation of Domination gets what we deserve.

Ladd and Reed offer Iceman a handshake and to the shock of everyone, he takes it and they walk off together.

WE ARE… THE NATION…. OF DOMINATION!!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As we come out of break, we find and irate Austin Idol and Superstar Dundee who are furious about the Tennessee Stud Stable and how they have stooped to trying to injure Jimmy Golden and Robert Fuller with fireballs because they know they can’t beat them fair and square.

Lance and Jeff Jarrett really hope that Golden and Fuller will be able to make it to Music City Mayhem in just a couple of weeks but they know they have been hurt pretty bad.

All of a sudden, the Stud Stable appears and gets right in the face of Idol and Dundee and say they have heard what you two clowns have been saying about them the last few weeks; making jokes and all about their appearance. Wildfire is pretty amped up and challenges Idol and Dundee for a match RIGHT NOW!

IMPROPTU MAIN EVENT

The Tennessee Stud Stable (Wildfire Rich and Eddie Gilbert)

Vs

Austin Idol & Superstar Dundee

The brawl is on even before a ref can make it to the ring. The fan favorites are really taking it to Stud Stable in the beginning but we find this is only a set up as Honky Tonk Man and Tommy Gilbert hit the ring right away. 4-2 is tough at any time but throw in these 4 and Idol and Superstar are in a world of trouble. We hear Eddie Gilbert telling his father to hold up Idol as he is going to burn that fake blonde hair right off his head.

Lance is afraid that there is going to be another fireball and is screaming for help!

Help comes in the form of Championships! The Unified World Champ, Jerry Lawler and the U.S. Champ, Terry Gordy hit the ring just in time and start throwing some huge haymakers to clear the ring.

Jeff Jarrett is so excited that the fan favorites are banning together and Lance says they better as there is a lot of trouble brewing here in the USWA with the likes of the Nation of Domination and the Stud Stable.

Lance Russell: So long from Memphis and don’t forget to join us at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville. Matches include

CASKET MATCH: The Rock n Roll Express vs The Kiwi Sheepherders

UWF UNIFIED WORLD TITLE MATCH: Jerry Lawler vs Hacksaw Reed

GRUDGE MATCH: The Tennessee Stud Stable vs Austin Idol & Superstar Dundee

• 2 weeks later...

TlS8y7B.jpg?5

9/3/1985:

WTVT

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

“Yello again everybody. Welcome to The Main Event a USWA and UWF promotion coming to you from Memphis Tennessee. I am Lance Russell along with Jeff Jarrett. We are under a week away from the largest wrestling event in the history of the sport; Music City Mayhem where we will see all of the great stars from the UWF compete in a week-long extravaganza where anything could happen. Basically, by the time the Tennessee State Fair is over, anyone could be the UWF Unified Champion. Let’s bring out the current champ and hear what he thinks it.

Jerry Lawler comes out and really hypes up the event in Nashville and says it is so hard to prepare for Music City Mayhem as he has no idea who he is going to wrestle.

MATCH

RICKY GIBSON VS MELVIN KIMBALL

Gibson continues on his roll since returning to the Memphis area as he wins this one by showing some great athleticism as he walks across the top rope and catches Kimball with a missile dropkick for the win.

During the match, the UWF 6 Man Champions, Tommy Rich, Eddie Gilbert and Big John Studd came out and said they were a taken back last week when Ricky Gibson said that together with the Rock n Roll Express, he had plans to win the 6 man title. Tommy Rich was almost in tears he was laughing so hard and how these 3 little bandana wearing girls were going to take their titles and how it was time to teach Ricky a lesson about respect.

As soon as Gibson won the match, the champs hit the ring and tried to put Ricky in his place but the Rock n Roll Express seemed to expect this and were basically at the ring at the same time. The two teams went toe to toe for a minute or two until Ricky and Robert slammed Wildfire Rich’s head into Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert’s head and the Tennessee Stud Stable stumbled through the middle ropes and out onto the floor. Big John Stud was now cornered …

WHAM!

A TRIPLE DROPKICK and Stud ends up on the floor with his teammates as the fan favorites end the first segment in charge of the ring.

Lance Russell: Man Jeff, I can’t get enough of this stuff.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Lance Russell: Well wrestling fans, if you enjoyed what we saw before our last commercial break, you are going to love this! This match has just been signed for the last day of the Tennessee State Fair and Music City Mayhem…… it will be the UWF Six Man Titles on the line as Tommy Rich, Eddie Gilbert and Big John Studd will take on the Rock n Roll Express and Ricky Gibson.

The chant begins …… THE NATION….. OF DOMINATION and we hear it over and over again as Ernie Ladd and Hacksaw Reed come out.

Lance Russell: Oh come on, what is this. Ernie Ladd you are not schedules for an interview tonight!

Ernie Ladd: And why is that Lance. Might it be that my growing NATION OF DOMINATION is bothering the USWA Board of Directors. Might it be “THE MAN” feels challenged by my men? Well, I have heard you talking about Music City Mayhem all night but I have not heard you tell this fans that the U.S. Title holder, that Good ole Boy, Terry Gordy, is about to feel the wrath of the greatest wrestle in the business today….. Hacksaw Butch Reed.

Lance Russell: Ernie, if you were not so rude as to interrupt us, we were about to bring up the U.S Title Match between your man Hacksaw Reed and Terry Gordy.

Ernie Ladd: That’s right Ernie. That’s right Memphis. Hide the black man in the middle of the show! Well let me warn all these rednecks in the audience tonight. “Don’t get yourself any beer. Don’t get yourself another shot of whiskey or you will miss the entire next match. Remember:

WE ARE THE NATION OF DOMINATION.

MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED (HANDICAP MATCH)

VS

BUBBA DIAMOND & CLETUS JOHNSON

TOTAL DESTRUCTION HERE AS WE SEE THE MOST AGGRESSIVE REED EVER. THE END COMES WHEN HACKSAW HOISTS JOHNSON UP FOR A GORILLA PRESS SLAM AND THEN WAITED FOR HIM TO STAGGER TO HIS FEET.

WHAM!

A FOOTBALL TACKLE THAT NEARLY SEPERATED JOHNSON”S UPPER BODY FROM HIS LOWER BODY.

Before we go to our next match, both Russell and Jarrett hype up how tough Hacksaw is and how difficult it will be for Terry Gordy to leave Music City Mayhem with his title.

MATCH

PEZ WHATLEY DEFEATS FRANK DALTON WITH THE FLYING WILLIE (HEADBUTT)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH

JIMMY GARVIN with PRECIOUS DEFEATS KEN SHANE WITH THE BRAIN BUSTER!

At the interview desk, Garvin is dancing all around as he is so excited about Music City Mayhem. First , he guarantees that he is going to win Music City Championship which Lance reminds us is a single elimination 16 man tournament. Garvin then says he will win the Gauntlet Match with all the UWF champions and then take Jerry Lawler’s title. Garvin says he doesn’t know much county music but by the time one of these fat ladies in the audience starts singing, he will be the new UWF Unified Champion! Precious loves this as she is hanging all over him.

The techno music begins to play and we hear that annoying voice of Jim Cornette introduce his “greatest tag team in the sport today.”

MATCH

THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS DEFEATS WAYNE PETTY & JOHN KING WITH THE ALABAMA SLAMMER BY BOBBY EATON

At the interview desk, Cornett is really running his mouth about how the Midnight Express are going to take the U.S. tag titles from Ronnie Girlvin and Theresa Taylor.

These “girl” references bring out the champs and the Midnight Express scamper away like little cowards with Cornette leading the way. The champs get on the microphone and start making chicken noises but to no avail as the Midnight Express don’t return. The champs continue to hype up this match with the Midnight Express which will take place at Music City Mayhem!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MAIN EVENT

AUSTIN IDOL & SUPERSTAR DUNDEE VS THE MIDNIGHT COWBOYS (Duke Myers & Kerry Brown in masks)

A nice showcase for Idol and Superstar as the they get some help from the Cowboys as the old-timers do a job a selling. Both Russell and Jarrett seemed satisfied that Idol and Dundee were on the same page going into MAYHEM! The end came with a Las Vegas Leglock by Idol on Cowboy #1.

For once, USWA comes to a peaceful end as Lawler joins Idol and Dundee at the interview desk for one last hype of the big event coming up in Nashville.

Lance Russell: So long from Memphis and don’t forget to join us at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville for a week of great wrestling action. Matches include

· A 16 Man Single Elimination Tournament with wrestlers from all UWF promotions to claim the first ever Music City Bowl Championship

· A 12 Team Single Elimination Tournament with tag teams from all UWF promotions to claim the first ever Music City Tag team Bowl Championship

· A TITLE DEFENSE OF ALL 14 UWF TITLES

· ALL 9 UWF SINGLE CHAMPIONS IN A GAUNTLET MATCH WITH THE WIINER TO GET A WORLD TITLE SHOT

· ALL 5 UWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS IN A GAUNTLET MATCH WITH THE WINNER TO GET A WORLD TITLE SHOT

· 3 WORLD TITLE MATCHES

I understand what you are saying Gene about The Nation of Domination and that I am pushing it but really trying to bring some real heat down as I know they are not ready. I also choose Memphis as I thought it might be a little better then Alabama or Louisiana. I have seen a few interviews on youtube from this time were Ernie Ladd is calling the white people crackers and such so I think he was pushing the envelop a bit.

If I go too far, please let me know.