USWA WRESTLING: TEXAS

Mv9xG5Ms.jpg?1

6/2/1984:

WTBS

7:05-8:05

TAPED IN DALLAS, TEXAS

jcysDrs.jpg?1

02NQn1U.jpg?3

BILL MERCER welcomes all the fans to USWA Wrestling here in Texas from the World’s most Famous Wrestling Arena, the Sportatorium in downtown Dallas. Mercer gives a rundown of tonight’s show but says he would first like to welcome in the President of the organization, Fritz VonErich who has a major announcement to make.

3yYlqZR.jpg?2

Fritz comes out and says it is a wonderful time to be a fan of USWA Wrestling. He goes on to discuss how many of the fans already know the organization has just acquired Mid-South Wrestling and Championship Wrestling from Florida. He also announces that the USWA has decided to have its next big wrestling extravaganza right here in Dallas, Texas at the Cotton Bowl on Sunday, July 1, 1984.

Bill Mercer really hypes this up but Fritz says that is not all. The USWA has titled this event THE DAVID VON ERICH MEMORIAL PARADE OF CHAMPIONS.

2GzGMWB.jpg?2

Fritz begins to break down as he goes in to say that his misses his son so much but this is the perfect way to honor him. He continues by saying David’s life centered around the wrestling ring and this is going to be the perfect way to honor his memory.

Bill Mercer says this is going to be a great show and he can’t wait for July 1st. He moves on to hyping up tonight’s program and then takes us to the ring and announcer Marc Lawrence for our first match.

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd blares through the speakers and the fans are shocked. They have heard this before but have not seen the Freebirds in the Texas for a while. They also know this could be heaven or this could be hell. You never know what you get when Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy and Buddy Jack Roberts hit the scene.

MATCH:

THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS (GORDY&ROBERTS) with MICHAEL HAYES

VS KILLER BROOKS AND CHRIS COLT

Even though Killer Brooks and Chris Colt are good wrestlers this was a total squash. In less than 3 minutes, the Freebirds destroyed their opponents. The end came with a Piledriver by Terry Gordy on Chris Colt.

SJ73wAm.jpg?1

Bill Mercer heads over to the ring to interview the Freebirds. Terry Gordy begins by shaking Mercer’s hand and saying how great it is to be here in the USWA. He goes on to thank Watts, VonErich, and Ted Turner for giving them a chance in the USWA. He goes on to say that many promoters around the country have blackballed the Freebirds for wrapping too many chairs around people’s heads. He goes on to admit that they are not the greatest wrestler’s in the world but they are the greatest at swinging chairs and knocking heads.

Buddy Jack takes the microphone next and announces they have been all around the country and all around the world and admits that there are a lot of people who don’t like them but there are a lot of people that do and it is great to be back in the south jack!

Michael Hayes is last and quickly announces “the boys are back in town and we aint in town to mess around” as the young girls in the audience go wild. He continues to say “I have heard it through the grapevine that the Sheepherders are saying the Freebirds think this is MTV instead of wrastling. We know this is Wrastling baby right here on WTBS and tell the Sheepherders to get it together because when you come walking down that aisle you going to have to walk down Bad Street and like Bam Bam said a lot of people have tried to make it to the end of the block but nobody has and we nobody has reached Freebird Fantasia. Shine Up those belts boys because they are coming home. Now I got one more thing to say and it’s to Mr. Fritz Von Erich. We know you are hurtin right now. We know you lost your son and we are here for ya! Southern Pride, Family Pride all one in the same and we got your back Jack!

------------------------------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS------------------------------------------

Match:

TNT CHAMPION CURT HENNIG WITH BABY DOLL (in a neck brace) VS KEN TIMBS

The crowd really amps it up for the champ and his manager. Ken Timbs tries to get the advantage by attacking before the bell and he is in control of the early part of the match but Hennig’s skill is just too great. In the end, it’s Hennig and the Bridging Cradle Plex for the victory.

Hennig and Baby Doll are met by Bill Mercer and he first asks Baby Doll about her health and she informs us that she is very lucky not to have a broken neck.

Mercer explains to us that the Perfect 10’s injury was caused by one of the most disgusting, heinous acts he has every witness and for those of you who missed it, let’s show you the tape from Dothan, Alabama.

The tape shows Sheri Martel whipping Baby Doll into the ropes and then dropping down to the canvass as Baby Doll leaped over her only to be caught in a front face lock by Hot Stuff Eddie. Gilbert then changed the face lock into a nasty DDT.

As we came back from the video, Hennig takes the microphone and threatens Sheri Martel and Eddie Gilbert and really questions how Eddie Gilbert was raised. He continues to say that he was taught that you NEVER put your hands on a women and anybody who does is low life scum. He says that he even though Baby Doll will be banned from ringside in his upcoming title bout against Gilbert, he is not worried as he has a surprise for that witch Sheri Martel.

------------------------------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS------------------------------------------

MATCH: THE GREAT KABUKI with SIR OLIVER HUMPERDINK VS JOE SAVALDI

Bill Mercer really hypes of the fact that The Great Kabuki has signed on to be part of the House of Humperdink and if he wasn’t tough enough before, now he will be double tough. Ross continues with “Say what you will about Sir Oliver Humperdink but he gets the most out of his stable of wrestlers.

As for the match, The Great Kabuki was awesome and in complete control from the beginning to the end. The end comes after a nasty Thrust Kick to the throat of Salvadi. He continued the assault after the pin and as ref Rick Hazzard tried to pull him away from Salvadi, the Great Kabuki began to spin and POOF!

Ross is heard saying “I can’t believe what I have just seen. The Great Kabuki has sprayed the green mist right into the eyes of the referee and he seems to be completely blinded. Humperdink is laughing like crazy as wrestlers and other officials rush to the ring. One of those in the ring is Fritz VonErich who gets on the microphone and is heard saying that he has personally reversed the decision and the winner of the match is Joe Savaldi. Humperdink goes wild and is screaming that he has no right to do that.

VonErich warns him to get Kabuki out of the ring or he will do much more then declare Joe Savaldi the winner.

Once order is restored, Ron Bass and Black Bart come out to the interview desk and Mercer wants to talk about their defeat at the hands of the VonErich’s last week in Dothan.

Ron Bass tells him to watch his mouth and listen up. He explains that last week was a fluke but none the less they have gone out a hired themselves an adviser of sorts.

Mercer asks who this adviser might be and out walks the cowboy hat wearing, tobacco spitting, nasty talking Bobby Duncum.

xM9AGg2.jpg?1

Duncum goes on to say that this Outlaws here are already a tough tag team but they are missing one thing and that to know how to enjoy hurting people. Duncum goes on to say that these here boys are quick learners and to take a look at this next match.

MATCH: THE OUTLAWS with BOBBY DUNCUM VS JEFF GOULDIE AND TED ALLEN

As if the Outlaws were not brutal before, they are ruthless now. They just beat Gouldie and Allen from pillar to post and the end comes after a huge running leg drop by Black Bart on Jeff Gouldie.

Bobby Duncum walks over and takes the mic from Bill Mercer and utters a few words. “I told you these boys are nasty. You unnastan now!

Mercer replies I guess I understand!

MATCH:

KEVIN & KERRY VONERICH

VS

THE USWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

THE SHEEPHERDERS

(NON-TITLE)

As the VonErich’s come out, Tom Sawyer blares from the speakers and the girls ooohh and aahhhh. That excitement comes to a quick end as the Sheepherders storm out waving the New Zealand flag around. The fans are all over them and not because they are against New Zealand but they are against the Sheepherders using that flag pole as a weapon.

As one would expect, the Sheepherders just go on the attack the second they enter the ring. This is a brawl from the beginning to the end. The action spills out on to the floor at times. It has all 4 men in the ring at once at times and is always chaotic scene.

With TV time running out, the VonErich’s take control of the match. Kerry VonErich uses the Iron Claw and weakens Butch Miller. He then picks him up and WHAM!

Kerry hits a huge Tornado Punch. He tags in his brother who quickly climbs to the Top Rope and nails Miller with a VonErich Top Rope Splash. As he goes for the pin, two masked men hit the ring and go right at the VonErich’s. Bill Mercer has no idea who they are but he does know that it is now 4-2 on the VonErichs are in trouble.

All of sudden the crowd explodes as the Freebirds are rushing to the ring. Together the Freebirds and VonErich’s take the Sheepherders and the masked me to the Woodshed. Mercer is heard saying, “Holy Cow, look at Kerry and Bam Bam go.” As the show comes to a close, the heels are tossed to the floor and Michael Hayes walks right up to Kerry VonErich and extends his hand. Kerry is a little hesitant but at the urging of the crowd, reaches out as Bill Mercer really hypes up this union.

VI2iFLG.jpg?24f43LYy.jpg?1

The show ends with Bill Mercer saying, “Nobody who came to the Sportatorium tonight thought they would see the Fabulous Freebirds helping the VonErich brothers. What a great moment in Texas wrestling history. So long from Dallas, Texas.”

USWA WRESTLING: MID-SOUTH

8hfWQP9.jpg?2

6/9/1984: WTBS

6:05-7:05

TAPED IN SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

BhI95rG.png?4

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to Mid-South Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner and President of Mid-South Wrestling is Cowboy Bill Watts.”

Watts informs us that he is so excited to be here and gives us a quick rundown of tonight’s show. He goes on to inform us that this past Monday in the Mid-South Coliseum, Tommy Rich lost the USWA World Championship to Jerry Lawler.

bUUe6hv.jpg?1

The crowd is shocked and upset at this announcement as a dejected Tommy Rich comes out to the interview desk.

Cowboy Bill Watts says that he saw the video and from what he could tell, there was definitely a fast count be the referee.

Tommy Rich begins by saying that he doesn’t want to make any excuses but he agrees that the refs count was a bit off but he expected that going up their to the corrupt promotion in Memphis, Tennessee. Rich continues by saying that Jerry Lawler threw him off his game in Dothan, Alabama with that fireball and he fell right into the trap of saying he would put the title on the line in the King’s Corrupt Palace also known as the Mid-South Coliseum.

Cowboy Bill Watts says “Wildfire, if that fix was not bad enough, lets’ take a look at the rematch just three days later in The River City Arena in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

The video begins and shows Wildfire has the King locked in the Sleeper in the middle of the ring but referee Pee Wee Anderson gets a little to close and as the King is trying to break the hold he is flailing around and he “accidentally” kicked Anderson where the sun don’t shine. With Anderson down, a man in a red and blue mask rushed into the ring and clobbered Rich with a chair to the back of the head. He then placed Lawler on top of Rich and scurried away as Peewee Anderson rolled over and made the three count.

As the video ends us can all see and hear the anger in Rich’s voice. “Lawler! I knew you were nothing but a low done dirty dog but this is even too much for you. Now that you have the belt and that you keep it with you whenever you get disqualified, you are just going to wrestle with a bodyguard who doesn’t care if he gets caught. I am asking you, Cowboy Bill Watts to do something about this. We can’t have that piece of garbage run our belt from up there in Memphis where he owns the promotion, owns the refs, owns the fans, owns the police and owns just about everything. He is the Mafia of Memphis and we got to show him crime doesn’t pay down here in the Mid-South.

Watts is about to respond when Mr. Wrestling II walks out.

Mr. Wrestling II takes the microphone and begins. “WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA! All you are Tommy Rich is a big baby. I mean you lost twice and it is everyone’s fault but your own. I mean I am sick and tired of all you young want-a-be stars complaining all the time.

Cowboy Bill Watts asks “What is up with you lately Mr. Wrestling II. You turn on your friends. You collect bounties. You are not the man we used to admire.

Wrestling II responds, “What is up? What’s up is I am sick and tired of these young punks who haven’t even been in wrestling long enough to have a cup of coffee getting all the headlines. All the main events. All the title shots. I mean look at this punk Tommy Rich.

Watts: Punk? You used to call him your friend.

Wrestling II: That was when he showed me the respect that I deserve. I mean he is talentless. I taught him everything he knows but I had so little to work with. This week I went out and found two young wrestlers to join the Mr. Wrestling Club and they both have more talent that Tommy Rich and with my teaching they will be better than him in less than a month.

Mr. Wrestling II continues “Last week on national TV I slapped you Tommy Rich and you just walked away. You know who walks away? A coward. That is all you are a coward.

Rich is shaking with anger and explains that he walked away because he was hoping beyond hope that you would come to your senses and not throw away our friendship but I can see now that you have gone off the deep end. I am going to tell you one more thing. I am going to walk away again right now. Not because I am a coward but because I know the way I am feeling right now, I would end your career in we went at it.

Rich storms off and Wrestling II continues with this idea that Rich is gutless. He explains that his new wrestling club is going to hurt Tommy Rich real bad and if you don’t believe me, let’s get to the ring right now and show you just how tough this sport can be.

MATCH

THE MR. WRESTLING CLUB VS BILLY TWO EAGLES & JOE LIGHTFOOT

The most interesting part of this match was that the two wrestlers being managed by Mr. Wrestling II were wearing his identical outfit. They wore white shorts and a black and white mask but were definitely more muscular that Mr. Wrestling. Jim Ross really struggled to tell them apart and he called them Wrestling III and Wrestling IV.

As far as the match goes, there was no denying the talent of the Mr. Wrestling Club. Wrestling III nailed Billy Two Eagles with a massive power slam but did not go for the pin. Instead his partner distracted the ref for a moment and Mr. Wrestling II threw that knee band into the ring. Mr. Wrestling III proceeded to strap it on and the nailed Eagles with a Million Dollar Knee Lift and Eagles was out. The ref made the three count as Ross and Watts debated if that knee guard was loaded or not.

------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------------

As we come out of break, Jim Ross gets us right to the ring for the next match.

MATCH: THE RED ASSASSINS vs JOE SAVALDI & JEFF GOULDIE

The Russian Assassin comes to the ring wearing his red mask with the Hammer and Sickle on it while the Cuban Assassin comes to the ring waving the flag of Cuba. The Assassins are fighting with the fans as they enter the ring and they have really evoked the Patriotic feelings of both the fans and Cowboy Bill Watts who is furious at the sight of these two commies.

As far as the match goes, the Assassins continue their dominance in the USWA and control the match from start to finish. The Cuban Assassin finally locks in a sleeper on Joe Savaldi and puts him out of his misery. The Assassins are really jawing at the fans as the leave the ring. One of the fans, a lady gets right in their face and gives it right back to them.

Q1Ud2QH.jpg?1

The Red Assassins threaten her and it seems like the Russian Assassin is going to hit her. He is pointing a finger in her face and this looks to be real trouble. Cowboy Bill Watts is beside himself on the microphone and tells the fans he has seen enough and he is going to put a stop to it.

But before he can get there, The Fabulous Ones hit the scene. This week they get there before the Assassins can escape and they really give it to them. Both Keirn and Lane are throwing wild haymakers as the fans go wild.

After a few minutes of getting a beating, The Red Assassins are able to run away to the safe confines of the locker room. Cowboy Bill Watts thanks the Fabulous Ones and says that these Red Assassins have to learn some respect for this great nation and these great fans here in the USWA.

Keirn and Lane can’t agree more and say they are just the two guys who would love to teach those Reds all about what this great nation is all about.

Once order is restored, Jim Ross gets us right back to the ring. He hypes up a team many of us on WTBS have been watching for a few weeks. He announces them as PYT and they come out to the ring with Michael Jackson blaring in the speakers.

MATCH: PYT (Brickhouse House Brown & Sweet Brown Sugar)

Vs THE WILD HOGS (King Harley Hogg & JR Hogg)

The song along with the dancing ability of Brickhouse and Sugar have the crowd all amped up but this will be a tough match. The Wild Hogs weigh in at over 700 pounds and they love to brawl. After the Hogs have their way using some brutal brawling tactics, Brickhouse just goes nuts and takes complete control. He is all over the ring and has the Hogs on the ropes. Brickhouse tags in Sugar and they Irish Whip Jr Hogg and then nail him with a Double Missile Dropkick. Sugar goes for the pin while Brickhouse hits a standing drop kick on Harley Hogg. Ref Ronny West makes the count and the party starts all over again.

nK7oscj.jpg?1 FESdIVW.jpg?1

PYT is met by Cowboy Bill Watts who hypes of that victory and tells them to just listen to these fans who are dancing all over the studio. Both members of PYT thank him and say they are going to give it their all and it doesn’t matter if it is Mid-South, Texas or Florida, they just love being a part of the USWA.

----------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS---------------

Jim Ross and Cowboy Bill Watts are joined by Sir Oliver Humperdink and some of the members of The House of Humperdink: Abdullah the Butcher, Purple Haze, and The Botswana Man-Eater.

Humperdink begins complaining right away about how his Stable is always mistreated in the USWA. He explains that in Florida they do everything they can to keep him and Kevin Sullivan down. He then turns to Watts and tells him that he isn’t treated any better in the Mid-South. He comes here with a stable of men that can’t be beaten and yet nobody mentions a title shot for the House of Humperdink.

Watts tells Humperdink that there is a newcomer to Mid-South who would love to wrestle tonight and if Humperdink’s man wins, they can have a title shot right here on TV next week.

Humperdink jumps at the chance and sends The Purple Haze into the ring. Humperdink then wants to know who this rookie is and what newcomer to wrestling would like their first match to be against The House of Humperdink.

Watts just laughs…..

THE HOUSE OF HUMPERDINK:

PURPLE HAZE

Vs

?

Humperdink demands to know what is so funny as Watts just keeps cracking up. All of a sudden the fans go wild as walking to the ring is none other than CHIEF WAHOO McDANIEL.

an0SYcA.jpg?1

Humperdink begins screaming that Watts is a liar and Watts just simple responds that he said it was a new wrestler to Mid-South and not a new wrestler.

Wahoo hits the ring like a house on fire and starts throwing kicks, punches and chops all over the ring. Jim Ross gives the fans a little background that Wahoo has been after the House of Humperdink for years and is taking all that emotion out of the Purple Haze. One big body slam after another has Humperdink beside himself. After a bad beating, Wahoo is ready to go for the pin but Humperdink sends in the rest of the House to attack Wahoo.

Ref PeeWee Anderson calls for the bell and declares Wahoo the winner but he is in some trouble now as Abdullah and the Man-eater are on the attack. This could get real bad but the crowd goes wild as Tommy Rich and another wrestler hit the ring and go wild.

D5Zr8JP.jpg?3

Jim Ross really hypes up this other wrestler and tells us that is the legendary Rufus R Jones, better known as The Freight Train. The fan favorites have cleared the ring except for one man. SIR OLIVER HUMPERDINK and they have him cornered. Rich connects with a huge right hand. Wahoo gives a chop to the chest that echoes throughout the studio. Jones whips him into the ring and connects with a shoulder block. As Humperdink gets up, The Freight Train comes off the ropes for another shoulder block. He then picks him up and WHAM! A huge head-butt has laid Humperdink out.

Jim Ross announces to us that we must take a break to restore order.

-------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------

As we come out of break, Rich, Wahoo and Rufus Jones are with Bill Watts. Wahoo and Jones explain to the fans that they have known Humperdink for years down in Florida and he always tries to play the numbers game but we are sick and tired of it. Wahoo continues to explain that he doesn’t care if it Miami, Dallas, New Orleans or some back country road, he is here to put an end to the reign of terror of the House of Humperdink.

Tommy Rich finishes by explaining that “it is not just the bad guys who have friends. I have known Rufus and Wahoo a long time and when they called and explained things, I was ready to lend a helping hand. So whether it is Humperdink, Wrestling II or that scrub in Memphis, Jerry Lawler, We are coming for ya’ll.

Jim Ross thanks them and hypes up tonight’s main event.

MATCH:

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION: HACKSAW BUTCH REED

VS

BIG RED REESE

(TITLE MATCH)

Big Red showed up last week to aid the Black Panther against the USWA North American Champion Hacksaw Butch Reed and in order to get revenge, Reed demanded this match tonight. It is going to be a tough one as Reese weighs over 410 pounds and The Black Panther has accompanied him to the ring.

Jim Ross explains that Reed better have eyes in the back of his head with Ernie La, I mean The Black Panther at ringside.

As far as the match goes, Reed is in control but has trouble getting the 400 pounder off his feet. Reed rushed in to the corner a bit too quickly and got caught with an elbow by Big Red. As Reed goes down in the corner, Big Reed distracts the ref and the Black Panther stomps on Reed with a Big Boot. Big Red now slowly climbs to the middle rope and he is trying to set up his Holy Ghost Splash but he takes too long and Reed escapes at the last second. It is now all Reed. He is throwing Haymaker after haymaker and he almost takes off the head of Big Red with a short armed clothesline. As Reed goes for the pin, the Black Panther hits the ring and starts stomping and chopping on Reed. It is now a 2-1 for about a minute and Reed is in real trouble.

All of a sudden, the crowd at the Irish McNeil’s Boy’s Club and Jim Ross can barely control themselves.

Ross: “Good God Almighty, Its JUNK YARD DOG.”

ivcIA7g.jpg?1

The Mid-South legend has hit the ring and as JR says he is “stompin a mud hole and walking it dry.” He is all over the place and connects with a Big Thump on the Black Panther and he follows it up with 3 massive head-butts on Big Red. Panther and Big Red roll out of the ring as the Dog barks and the fans go insane. Their favorite is back and they can’t control themselves. JYD, who has not always been on the same side as Hacksaw, goes to Reed and helps him up. JYD puts out his hand and Reed hesitates but then shakes it firmly.

Jim Ross really hypes up tonight’s show and the ideas that the fans have their Dog back in town as well as Wahoo McDaniel and the Freight Train, Rufus R Jones. As he reminds the fans to join us next time right here on WTBS he guarantees that BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP! So long from Shreveport, Louisiana.

Mv9xG5Ms.jpg?1

6/9/1984: WTBS

TAPED IN DALLAS, TEXAS

jcysDrs.jpg?1

02NQn1Us.jpg?1

BILL MERCER welcomes all the fans to USWA Wrestling here in Texas from the World’s most Famous Wrestling Arena, the Sportatorium in downtown Dallas. Mercer gives a rundown of tonight’s show but says he would first like to welcome in the new USWA World Champion, Jerry “The King Lawler.”

bUUe6hv.jpg?1

Lawler comes out belt in hand and crown on his head. He spends the first few minutes putting down the USWA and the next few insulting the state of Texas. He asks Bill Mercer if he smells that?

Mercer seems confused and Lawler says that this is the only place in the world that he has visited where the horses smell better than the women.

Bill Mercer says, “That will be enough of that.”

Lawler then turns his attention to wrestling and says that there is not a wrestler in the entire state of Texas who can last five minutes with me and if …..

Bill Mercer interrupts and informs the King that he is not so sure of that and neither is the USWA Board of Directors as they have just announced Kerry VonErich as the new #1 contender for the World Title and that he will face Jerry The King Lawler at the Parade of Champions in the Cotton Bowl on July 1. Mercer reminds us that this is the David VonErich Memorial and how great it is that his brother will be getting a World Title shot at the event.

Lawler: “Kerry Von Erich? Are you kidding me? He is the biggest nothing since the invention of zero.” He is not worth my time. I will destroy him in under a minute. All he can do is ride his daddy’s coattails.

Fritz comes out and tells King that he is one of the most arrogant people he has ever met.

Lawler shoots rights back and says it is not arrogance. It is ability and your son has none and I am the King.

Fritz explains that around here he, is the King and he is tired of Lawler’s arrogance so why wait to the Cotton Bowl. He tells the fans that right here tonight we are going to have us a World Title Match. It will be Jerry Lawler vs Kerry VonErich.

The crowd really pops as Lawler starts backtracking explaining that he wasn’t scheduled to wrestle and doesn’t have any of his attire.

Fritz says you’re the King go buy some and we will see you in the ring in less than an hour. Lawler is furious and Bill Mercer kind of laughs and says lets’ get to the ring for our first match.

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd blares through the speakers and the fans are go wild. It has only been one week since their arrival but after helping the VonErich’s last week, the crowd’s really got their backs.

MATCH:

VS THE NIGHTMARES

Even though the Nightmares are good wrestlers this was a total squash. In less than 3 minutes, the Freebirds destroyed their opponents. The end came with a Piledriver by Terry Gordy on Nightmare #1.

Bill Mercer heads over to the ring to interview the Freebirds. Terry Gordy begins by shaking Mercer’s hand and saying how great it is to be here in the USWA. He goes on basically declare war on all the heel teams in the area including The Outlaws, The Invaders and of course The World Champion Sheepherders.

Buddy Jack takes the microphone next and announces they have been all around the country and nobody is running a promotion as great as the USWA and he can’t wait to let Freebird Mania run wild in all the upcoming cities.

Michael Hayes is last and quickly announces “We are the toast of the coast, the sensation of the nation baby. Have you seen the record ticket sales since we arrived in the USWA? We have sold out the Omni. We have sold out the Superdome. We have sold out the Orange Bowl. You know why? Because fantasia will amaze ya, and what do we get? We get to come home Freebirds and what’s better than that jack! Nothing except one thing and that’s runnin down Bad Street with the VonErichs and knockin everyone else out of the way. Soon it will be the Freebirds with the World Tag Title and my man Kerry VonErich with the World Title. Take it to the bank, Jack!

The high energy interview ends and the fans go wild but Michael Hayes comes back and adds, “One more thing to all the fine ladies here in Dallas tonight. The Freebirds really know how to make our jeans talk if you know what I mean.”

4f43LYy.jpg?1

Mercer is just laughing to himself as we go to break.

Match: EDDIE GILBERT with SHERI MARTEL vs DUKE MYERS

Sheri leads Gilbert to the ring and there are looking extremely confident. Eddie Gilbert will be getting a TNT title shot and Baby Doll will be barred from the ring for that match with Curt Hennig.

As for the match it is rather quick and easy for Gilbert as he wins with a Top Rope Elbow Drop at about the 5 minute mark.

Gilbert and Sheri head over to Bill Mercer and they are full of laughs. They both really hype up the fact that Baby Doll is in a neck brace after their last match when Eddie Gilbert nailed her with a DDT.

AYCEsq0.jpg?1H56moLB.jpg?1

Mercer says that the idea of what Gilbert did to a women really bothers him and he wonders if they would be acting like this is Hennig and Baby Doll were here right now. Both Gilbert and Sheri say of course they would. “Why would we be afraid of a punk like Hennig and a cripple like Baby Doll?

nDd45Zx.jpg?3

The crowd really pops as Hennig and The Perfect 10, Baby Doll come charging out towards the interview area. Gilbert and Martel see that Baby Doll is no longer in a neck brace and that Hennig means business. Gilbert and Sheri beat a hasty retreat before the Perfect Team reaches them.

Baby Doll and Hennig start to make chicken noises and continue to say that Martel and Gilbert are nothing but cowards. Baby Doll is not the least bit bothered that Gilbert nailed her with a DDT and makes a promise that if there is anything left of Gilbert or Martel after Curt gets through with them, that she will finish them off.

Mercer reminds her that she will be barred from ringside that night and both Hennig and Baby Doll start to laugh. Hennig says that is not a problem as they have a surprise for those slugs and that Hennig and the Perfect Team will keep the TNT Championship for a long, long time.

MATCH: THE GREAT KABUKI with SIR OLIVER HUMPERDINK VS CHRIS COLT

Bill Mercer reviews last week’s brutal match where Kabuki blinded not only his opponent, Joe Savaldi but also referee Rick Hazzard

Before the match starts, Humperdink comes out and immediately tells everyone to “SHUT UP.” He also reviews last week but with a much different spin on things. He says “Last week was just the beginning. If Kabuki doesn’t get some respect around here and by respect, I mean title shots, we are going to hurt really hurt people. Kabuki can’t be stopped and I am sick and tired of Fritz VonErich running this promotion only to aid his sons’ careers. Okay, I am sick and tired of talking to you morons. Let’s get to the ring. Humperdink leads Kabuki to the ring where Chris Colt is already waiting.

As for the match is brutal beyond belief. Kabuki nearly decapitates Colt with numerous martial arts moves. Kabuki finally ends the match but for the second week in a row, he doesn’t stop the beating. He goes into that dreaded spin and sprays the green mist into the eyes of Colt. Humperdink hits the ring and somehow manages to control his man before another match is reversed.

a4FQRF4.jpg?1

Once order is restored, Ron Bass, Black Bart and Bobby Duncum come out to the interview desk where Bobby Duncum does all the talking. He is irate that the USWA has named Kerry VonErich the #1 contender for the World Title but they have not named the Outlaws the #1 contender for the World Tag Belts. He continues by saying after they beat the VonErich’s in a few minutes, they will have no choice but to give them a shot at the Sheepherders.

Bill Mercer warns Duncum and the rest of the Outlaws that they better be careful what they ask for. The VonErich’s and the Sheepherders are two double tough teams.

Duncum replies, “Mercer, you are about to see triple tough. Unnistand!

Mercer turns it over to ring announcer Marc Lawrence for our next match.

MATCH: THE OUTLAWS with BOBBY DUNCUM VS KEVIN & MIKE VON ERICH

The match is a perfect heel/baby face showdown and both teams give the fans just what they want. The Outlaws were nasty and brutal and the VonErich brothers gave it right back. As Kevin VonErich climbs to the top rope to get ready to leap on Black Bart for the victory, Duncum rushes up to apron to distract the ref. As he does this, Ron Bass runs over and nails Kevin with the Cow Bell. Kevin falls to the mat as Bass pulls Bart on top of Kevin as the ref turns back to the action for the pin attempt. Bass makes sure Mike can’t make the save and Bill Mercer is shocked by this disgusting act by the Outlaws. Bass and Bart now continue to beat on

Mike VonErich who is trying to hold his own against all three Outlaws.

Bill Mercer and the crowd explode as nobody can believe their eyes. “It’s none other than the American Dream and he is back in Texas. Rhodes elbows Black Bart. Rhodes elbows Bass. Rhodes elbows Duncum. The ring is cleared and DUSTY RHODES is in charge.

As we come out of break, Dusty Rhodes has joined Bill Mercer and Mercer simply asks him what has brought the American Dream to Texas and Rhodes takes it from there.

4A00H0u.jpg?1

Dusty Rhodes: “Let me tell ya sumthin Mr. Bill Mercer. I have been looking for Ronnie Bass for sumtime now and thanks WTBS I have found him. Ya see, I done nurtured him down in Florida. I taught him the ropes and then he decides to turn on me to help that devil Keebin Sullivan. Now he comes here with Black Bart and my old enemy Bobby Duncum and they go and call themselves the Outlaws. Well I am going to teach them somtin about OUTLAWING baby.

Dusty stomps off and Bill Mercer says The Outlaws better watch themselves. Mercer now turns it over to ring announcer Marc Lawrence and today’s Main Event.

MATCH:

KERRY VONERICH

VS

THE USWA CHAMPION

JERRY “THE KING” LAWLER

(TITLE MATCH)

As Kerry VonErich come out, Tom Sawyer blares from the speakers and the girls ooohh and aahhhh. That excitement comes to a quick end as the new champ, Jerry Lawler struts out wearing both the belt and a red King’s Crown on his head. The USWA fans can’t stand him after watching his behavior on WTBS for the past month or so. He has bad mouthed the fans, put bounties on the heads of wrestlers, hired goons to do his dirty work and threw a fireball in the face of Tommy Rich. This might be Dallas but it is still USWA and that is exactly what the fans are cheering. USWA, USWA!!

As for the match, Lawler starts by basically keeping his distance and Kerry chasing him all over the ring. When the finally do lock up, Kerry is all over him. Lawler will be lucky to last one minute, never mind the 5 that he guaranteed victory in.

Lawler does change the momentum for just a moment and his arrogance is evident as he taunts the fans and VonErich but he should have watched his mouth as Kerry connects with a Tornado Punch that sends the champ reeling.

ij7m0xQ.jpg?1

From there it is the Iron Claw locked in and it looks like we might have a now champ right here on TV.

As ref Bronco Lubich is asking Lawler if he wants to submit, you can hear the crowd stirring. All of a sudden a man with a red and blue mask has hit the ring and is punishing Kerry with kicks and punches. VonErich is in trouble as Lawler gets ready to do some really damage. Mercer is heard saying, “Here we go with danger city. It’s piledriver action by Lawler.”

As Lawler begins to set VonErich up for the piledriver, the crowd pops again as Michael Hayes hits the ring. He is going wild and takes both Lawler and the mask man out. Mercer is so excited. “Holy Cow, look at Hayes go. It’s woodshed city.”

The show ends with Bill Mercer saying, “Lawler and the masked man have left the ring and they are running away. Michael Hayes has saved Kerry VonErich for the second time. This Freebird-VonErich alliance is growing rapidly. So long from Dallas, Texas.”

8hfWQP9.jpg?2

6/16/1984: WTBS

BhI95rG.png?4

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to Mid-South Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS. I am Jim Ross and my partner and President of Mid-South Wrestling is Cowboy Bill Watts.”

baxGvMl.jpg?1

The show starts with Mr. Wrestling II at the interview desk with the Mr. Wrestling Club members. Wrestling II says that in just one week, his men proved that they are already better then Tommy Rich or any other of the punks in the USWA. II goes on to say that this is all due to his teachings and just wait and see how good they are going to be in just a few weeks.

The crowd pops as Tommy Rich comes to the interview desk where Jim Ross asks everyone to try and keep their cool.

Rich: Don’t worry Mr. Ross. I am going to keep my cool but at the same time I am going to set my former friend here, Mr. Wrestling II, straight. He keeps saying he taught me everything he knows and that I am a talentless punk. Well Wrestling II, how many World Titles have you won? Oh let me answer that for you. A big fat zero! Just like you, a nothing. A jealous, old men who never lived up to the billing. I tell you what, why don’t you get in the ring right now and I will show you how talentless I am.

Wrestling II tells Wildfire that he is not even worth his time but here is what we are going to do. I challenge you and a teammate of your choice to face my Wrestling Club right now and if you somehow win, I will face you next week right here on TV.

Rich gladly accepts the challenge as tells II to get his goons in the ring and he will be right back with a partner.

The crowd explodes as Rich returns with Chief Wahoo McDaniel.

Jim Ross says, “Wow, business is about to pick up.”

MATCH

THE MR. WRESTLING CLUB VS TOMMY RICH & WAHOO McDaniel

The members of the Wrestling Club are wearing identical outfits to Mr. Wrestling II with white shorts and a black and white mask and it is impossible to tell them apart.

As far as the match goes, the fan favorites take the early momentum and really take it to the Wrestling Club. Mr. Wrestling II takes advantage of an Irish Whip by Wrestling III on Wahoo as he pulls the rope down causing McDaniel to tumble to the floor. While II doesn’t interfere now, the damage is done. The Wrestling Club takes complete control as Rich is trying his best to get into the ring. He can finally take it no more and rushes in but ref Scrappy McGowan forces him back out. While all of this was going on, TV cameras catch Wrestling II strapping on the knee guard which many belief to be loaded. II enters the ring as Wrestling IV rolls out. Wrestling II hit s a Million Dollar Knee lift on Wahoo and quickly tags in Wrestling III. Wrestling III climbs to the top rope and nails Wahoo with a Top Rope Frog Splash for the pin. Wrestling II quickly rolls out and the Wrestling Club celebrate on the outside as Tommy Rich is fuming and goes to help out Chief Wahoo.

Cowboy Bill Watts cannot belief the tactics of the Wrestling Club but Jim Ross says he can’t blame the ref as anybody would be confused with those outfits. Watts says he will have a surprise for Mr. Wrestling II next week.

As we come out of break, Jim Ross gets us right to the ring for the next match.

MATCH: STEVE KEIRN VS JOSH STROUD

Jim Ross explains that Stan Lane, the other half of the Fabulous Ones is not in studio tonight due to being under the weather but the fans are still pumped up to see Steve Keirn.

As for the match, Keirn is in control for much of it as the victory comes following a Diving Senton Splash. As soon as the ref counts three, the crowd begins to rumble.

Cowboy Bill Watts is heard yelling, “Oh know, what’s this” as the Red Assassins (a masked Alexis Smirnoff as the Russian Assassin and Fidel Sierra as the Cuban Assassin) hit the ring and begin to beat on Keirn who does his best to ward them off but they are just too much for one man. The Russian Assassin follows up an Irish Whip with a devastating Heart Punch and Keirn goes down. The Cuban Assassin pulls out that can of red spray paint as Cowboy Watts says, “Those Commies are about to paint Keirn Red!” In fact that is exactly what they do as wrestlers and officials rush out to aid Keirn but it is too late and his chest is a complete Commie red.

Iv808vn.jpg?3

Watts again is furious and can’t stand people showing disrespect for God or Country. Steve Keirn makes his way to the interview desk and is full of rage.

Keirn: Enough is enough. If these commies want to run around with a can of spray paint and disrespect me or any other member of the USWA then we are going to fight fire with fire! I guarantee you, the Fabulous Ones will get even and when they do there will be Hell to pay.

Watts apologizes for Keirn’s language but asks if anyone could really blame him.

Jim Ross agrees with Watts but tries to get or attention back to the ring for our next great bout.

MATCH: PYT (Brickhouse House Brown & Sweet Brown Sugar)

Vs THE BLACK PANTHER & BIG RED REESE

The song along with the dancing ability of Brickhouse and Sugar have the crowd all amped up but this will be a tough match. Watts and Ross both hype of the Black Panther and Big Red Reese while they speculate if The Black Panther is indeed Ernie Ladd who is currently serving a mandatory 30hiatus from the USWA.

This is a great back and forth match that shows the speed of PYT vs the size and Power of The Black Panther and Reese. Throughout the match Ross reminds us of the fact that PYT is undefeated in the USWA and might be in line for a title shot. They were on the verge of victory here but ref Scrappy McGowan was “accidentally” knocked done and this allowed the Black Panther to enter the ring and hit Sweet Brown Sugar with a chair for the pin.

The Black Panther and Reese head over to the interview desk where Ross asks them about the use of that chair in the ring and they both make it seem like they have no idea what Ross is talking about.

Ross then turns to the idea being spread by Hacksaw Reed and JYD that the Black Panther is indeed Ernie Ladd.

In that unmistakably raspy voice of Ernie Ladd, the Black Panther says that Hacksaw Reed is just trying to find a way to keep that North American Title. He knows that I will run him over. He knows he is full of it and that I am the best. We hear about his football career and how great he was but believe it or not, I played a little football myself. I was the meanest, nastiest player in the game and I know all the dirty tricks. How about this Reed, you put your title on the line in a Football Helmet match. We will put a football helmet on top of a 10 football pole above one of the turnbuckles. Whoever gets that helmet can use it anyway they want. If I win, I get the belt. If you win, I take the mask off. Let’s make this real special. How about July 1st and the Parade of Champions in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas.

Jim Ross really hypes this idea and says he can’t wait to hear Hacksaw Reed’s response to this challenge and they will have it later on tonight.

Jim Ross and Cowboy Bill Watts are joined by Sir Oliver Humperdink and some of the members of The House of Humperdink: Abdullah the Butcher, Purple Haze, and The Botswana Man-Eater.

Humperdink begins “I am sick and tired of how the House of Humperdink are treated here in the USWA. I mean, we do anything wrong and we are fined, suspended or even worse. Other people show no regard for the rules and they get a handshake. Last week, my man, Purple Haze was just beating that druken injun, Wahoo McDaniel, all over the ring and all of a sudden Rufus R. Jones comes throwing closed fist punches all over the place and everyone applauds him.

Jim Ross: Mr. Humperdink, I think you may have some of your facts mixed up.”

Humperdink: SHUT UP ROSS! I will not be called a liar on national TV. Watch out or I will sue you for everything you got. Now, Rufus R Jones! Oh by the way, does anyone know what the R stands for in his name?

Ross and Watts do not even venture a guess as Humperdink begins to laugh. The R is for REALLY OLD. Humperdink continues by saying that the ring is no place for an old man and Rufus is about to get his at the hands of Abdullah the Butcher. Abdullah and Humperdink head to the ring as Ross hypes up our next match.

THE HOUSE OF HUMPERDINK:

ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER

Vs

RUFUS R JONES

The crowd pops as Rufus comes to the ring but Abdullah doesn’t even wait for him to get there. They are brawling all over the studio and both are giving as good as they are getting as Jim Ross is heard saying, “We got a slobbernocker going right here.” Abdullah pulls out the fork and rakes the forehead of The Freight Train and busts him wide open. Eventually wrestlers from the back pour out and struggle to separate them.

WEdTv9M.png?2

Jim Ross announces to us that we must take a break to restore order.

As we come out of the break, Hacksaw Butch Reed and JYD are at the interview desk where JYD really hypes up his return and says he is going to make sure to do his best to keep everyone in line here and if Tommy Rich needs help, he will be here for him. If Hacksaw needs his help, he will be here for him. If Wahoo or Rufus Jones or any of the good people of the USWA need his help, the Dog’s got their backs.

Hacksaw takes over and says he heard Ernie Ladd been running around here taking about my North American Title.

Ross corrects him by saying you mean The Black Panther.

Hacksaw: You heard me Jim Ross, Ernie Ladd thinks he can play a little football and wants a Hemet Match. He is nothing but a fool and a sucker! Count me in Brother! I am going to Whoop that Silly, Big Dummy and then you are taking that mask off and that will be the end of you. A one year suspension!

Jim Ross reminds them that this match is a few weeks away but right now you have a World Title Shot against the USWA World Tag Team Champion Sheepherders.

Both JYD and Hacksaw say they are going to do their best to bring this title back to the fans of the USWA.

Jim Ross wishes them luck as they enter he ring to the cheers of the fans while the Sheepherders are waving the flag of New Zealand.

MATCH: USWA WORLD TAG TITLE MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED & JYD

VS

THE SHEEPHERDERS

Jim Ross explains that this match will be a TV Time Remaining Time Limit. As you would expect this is a chaotic match where the Sheepherders try to use their violent tactics to keep momentum but this is right up the ally of Reed and JYD. JYD is on a roll and the fans are going wild. It looks like we might have new champs after JYD connects with a THUMP on Butch Miller but Luke Williams makes the save.

Jim Ross announces that we only have about a minute left as JYD tags in Reed. Reed scoops up Miller for a Gorilla Press slam but he wastes some time waiting for Miller to get up.

Luke Williams, as he has done on numerous occasions, grabs the flag pole and rushes in and hits Reed in the middle of the back. Reed just stands straight up and to the delight of the fans, snaps the flag pole in two. Reed now gets in a football stance and NAILS Miller with a spear! As Reed goes for the cover, PeeWee Anderson makes the count of 1…2…..

And the bell sounds with Jim Ross saying sorry folks, we are out of time. So long from Shreveport, Louisiana.

Very good output here as you continue to put forth a great effort. I think the focus on Mid South has really turned the tide for you and you have some clear paths to success here. I love the pairing of JYD and Reed and hopefully down the line we get to see them with a run but I definitely have to put over how well you have done with the Sheepherders. They are one of the top teams in the world right now thanks to your writing.

THIS WEEK IN USWA WRESTLING:

HOSTED BY GORDON SOLIE

SHOW AIRED NATIONALLY

9:05 AM- 10:05 AM

SPONSERED BY PRO WRESTLING ILLUSTRATED

DFQbPiy.jpg

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to This Week in USWA Wrestling. I am Gordon Solie joined this week by Bill Apter and together we will catch you up to date on all the comings and goings here in the USWA.

The show begins with Solie and Apter talking about how the USWA World Champion, Jerry the King Lawler has been bending all the rules of late in order to keep the title. They go over that he has been counted out a few times and disqualified a few others but what really gets them going is this masked man who keeps interfering in the matches and putting his opponents out of commission.

Solie then calls out Kerry VonErich who is the #1 Contender for the World Title and asks him what he thinks about Jerry Lawler.

Kerry replies that first he would like to thank the USWA Board of Directors for being named the # 1 contender and that honor means even more to him now as that means he will face Lawler and the David VonErich Memorial Parade of Champions on July 1 in the Cotton Bowl.

Kerry spends a moment or two talking about his deceased brother but then with tears in his eyes, he warns Jerry Lawler that he better be ready for the fight of his life. Kerry also let’s Gordon know that he is a little nervous with the idea of this masked henchmen running around helping Lawler out.

Solie laughs a little and says that he was just given a bit of information before the show and this should put your mind at ease. The Board of Directors was also concerned with Lawler’s lack of respect for the rules so they made your title match a STEEL CAGE MATCH and there will be a special guest referee that the fans of USWA: Texas will choose!

A huge smile comes across Kerry’s face and he says he can’t wait to honor his brother’s memory with a World Championship.

As Kerry walks off, Solie and Apter spend a few minutes putting over the fact that Championship Wrestling from Florida has joined the USWA and he and Apter discuss some of the major angles including Dusty Rhodes vs Kevin Sullivan and The Army of Darkness. Solie says that when they come back they have footage from this week’s card from the Fort Homer Hesterly Armory in Tampa, Florida where this feud became white hot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apter and Solie review and show some highlights from this week’s major card from the Fort Homer Hesterly Arena.

· Rocky Johnson defeated Kerry Brown with a series of Lightning Dropkicks

· The Young Stallions (Jim Powers & Paul Roma defeated Bob & Joe Markus when Roma connects with a top rope crossbody block.

· Shane Douglas defeats Cpl. Kirchner with a Powerslam

· Mr. Saito defeats Steve Travis with a Saito Suplex.

· The Natural Disaster (Fred Ottman) and Kevin Sullivan defeat Mike Graham and Scott Hall when Ottman knocked the ref down and Sullivan caught Hall in the Tree of Woe

· Jake the Snake Roberts defeats Steve Simpson with a DDT.

· USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH: JERRY LAWLER VS DUSTY RHODES

Jerry Lawler retained his title when he was disqualified for outside interference when a masked man entered the ring and clubbed Dusty Rhodes with a steal pipe.

· MAIN EVENT: USWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Sheepherders and The Andersons wrestle to a double disqualification as both teams were counted out of the ring in an all brawl.

Solie and Apter really spend some time with hyping up some of the young talent here in the CWF including Hall, Douglas and the Young Stallions but also put over the fact that there is a lot of really experienced talent here including The Andersons, Dusty Rhodes, Jake Roberts and of course Mr. Saito.

Both Apter and Solie speculate on who will be in that match for the USWA Florida National Title to be determined at the Parade of Champions on July 1 in the Cotton Bowl.

Solie explains that when they get back they will be reviewing a great card from USWA Texas from the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solie and Apter turn their attention to USWA: TEXAS where they show highlights of the great card from The HemisFair Arena in San Antonio, Texas.

· The Fabulous Freebirds defeated The Nightmares and Killer Tim Brooks in 6 man action when Bam Bam hit the Piledriver on Nightmare #1

· The Outlaws (Black Bart and Ron Bass) defeated Billy Two Eagles and Joe Lightfoot with Black Bart hit the running leg drop on Lightfoot.

· Eddie Gilbert with Sheri Martel defeated Josh Stroud with a top rope elbow splash

· Team PYT (Brickhouse Brown and Sweet Brown Sugar) defeated the Invaders with a double missile dropkick on Invader #1

· USWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Sheepherders defeated Kevin & Mike VonErich when Butch Miller hot Mike VonErich in the throat with the flag pole at 24:12.

· TNT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Curt Hennig and Baby Doll defeated The Great Kabuki with a Bridging Cradle Plex at 17:11

· MAIN EVENT: USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

Jerry Lawler defeats Kerry VonErich when the referee was accidentally knocked down and a man in a red and blue mask entered the ring and hit Kerry with a steel pipe at 28:23. Michael Hayes rushed to the ring to aid Kerry VonErich and the two cleared the rig of Lawler and the masked man.

Gordon Solie and Bill Apter continue to hype up the friendship that is developing between the Freebirds and the VonErichs. They also hype up the fact that Kerry VonErich has been named the #1 contender for the USWA World Title.

Solie reminds everyone to join them on TBS tonight at 6:05 for the next USWA show as the credits roll and the screen turns to black.

Solie explains that when they come back they are going to USWA: Mid-South and the great card from this week in Lafayette, Louisiana and the Canjundome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solie and Apter turn their attention to USWA: Mid-South where they show highlights of the great card from The Canjundome in Lafayette, Louisiana

· The Black Panther defeats Jeff Gouldie with a Big Boot.

· Mr. Wrestling II defeats Ken Timbs with a Million Dollar Knee Lift: Many believe it to be a loaded knee guard that Wrestling II is putting on his knee just before he executes his finisher.

· The House of Humperdink (Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze) defeat Brett Sawyer and Buzz Sawyer when Sullivan brutally beats Brett Sawyer

· NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH: Hacksaw Reed and Stan Hansen wrestle to a double disqualification as the two battle on the arena floor using anything they could get their hands on.

· PYT (Brickhouse Brown and Sweet Brown Sugar) defeat The Wild Hogs (King Harley Hogg and JR Hogg) with a Double Missile Dropkick on JR Hogg

· MAIN EVENT: USWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Sheepherders and The Fabulous Ones wrestle to a 30 minute draw but after the match, the Red Assassins (Alexis Smirnoff and Fidel Sierra) hit the ring and pummel the worn out Fabulous Ones.

· MAIN EVENT: USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

Jerry Lawler defeats Tommy Rich when the referee was accidentally knocked down and a man in a red and blue mask entered the ring and hit Rich with a steel pipe at 22:02.

Solie and Apter spend the next few minutes going over some of the matches already signed for the Parade of Champions including:

· USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH: JERRY LAWLER VS KERRY VON ERICH (STEEL CAGE/SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE)

· NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH: HACKSAW BUTCH REED VS THE BLACK PANTHER (FOOTBALL HELMET MATCH)

· THE FABULOUS ONES VS THE RED ASSASSINS

· USWA NATIONAL TAG TITLE MATCH: THE ANDERSON’S VS THE YOUNG STALLIONS

Man, I have to command you again on your use of Fidel Sierra in tag team with Alexis Smirnoff. Admittedly, Smirnoff would've better fit in my territory but what you're doing with Sierra & Smirnoff as the Red Assassins is perfect. You've got a great contending team waiting in the wings for either the Sheepherders or the Andersons!

Mv9xG5Ms.jpg?1

TAPED IN DALLAS, TEXAS

jcysDrs.jpg?1

02NQn1U.jpg?3

BILL MERCER welcomes all the fans to USWA Wrestling here in Texas from the World’s most Famous Wrestling Arena, the Sportatorium in downtown Dallas. Mercer gives a rundown of tonight’s show but says he would first like to welcome in the President of the USWA: Texas, Mr. Fritz VonErich.

Fritz says he will get right to it. He announces that the match between Kerry VonErich and the World Champion, Jerry Lawler at the Cotton Bowl in the David Von Erich Memorial will be in a steel cage with a special referee. Fritz goes on to announce that the special referee will be chosen by the fans in attendance tonight and will be announced next week right here on USWA: Texas.

Bill Mercer thanks Fritz for that information and then he welcomes in the American Dream Dusty Rhodes.

Rhodes comes out, cow bell in hand and says, “You know there’s been a lot of pain and blues and agony dished out here in Texas by a group calling themselves the Outlaws. Bobby Duncum talking family, family’s an important part of this country baybay. Ya gotta understand that Ronnie Bass, Black Bart and Bobby Duncum aint no family. Their mommas and their papas aint made no babies together. You can’t have blood unless you’re kin and Dusty Rhodes, The American Dream knows he got some kin in the wrestling business and I been told that I get Ron Bass tonight in the main event. If Black Bart or Bobby Duncum dare to interfere we gonna have us some bonafide electrified funk in this here arena as my kin’s in the house! You catch what I’m talking about Mr. Bill Mercer.

Mercer replies that he thinks he understands but we have to get to the ring for our first match.

MATCH:

KEVIN VON ERICH & MIKE VON ERICH VS THE INVADERS

Even though the Invaders are good wrestlers this was a total squash. In less than 3 minutes, the VonErich’s destroyed their opponents. The end came with a Top Rope Von Erich Splash by the barefooted Kevin VonErich.

The match really got the fans into the show as we know how much the VonErich’s mean to wrestling in Dallas.

MATCH:

VS MR. SAITO & THE GREAT KABUKI with SIR OLIVER HUMPERDINK

Bill Mercer informs us that the winner of this match will be named the #1 Contender for the USWA World Tag Titles and they will face the Sheepherders at the Parade of Champions in the Cotton Bowl on July 1.

All I can say is what a match! It was back and forth with Kabuki using martial arts to nearly take the heads off of Gordy and Roberts while Saito used every trick in the book and nearly had Roberts pinned after a Saito Suplex. Humperdink got a little too close to the action and Michael Hayes came over and pulled him off the apron and then those two went at it on the floor. This distracted everyone but Terry Gordy who whipped Mr. Saito into the ropes and caught him with a powerslam. As he went for the pin, Kabuki came in a made the save and now it was all 4 in the ring. After a thrust kick by Kabuki to Roberts, Saito held Gordy and Kabuki began to spin.

Mercer warns us that he is about to spray Bam Bam with the Green Mist but Gordy slipped out of the way at the last second as Kabuki blinded Saito and Gordy quickly rolled him up for the 1…2…3.

Mercer hypes up the victory as Humperdink is really agitated and yelling at anyone who would listen. The Freebirds made their way over to Bill Mercer who congratulated them on their win and upcoming title shot.

SJ73wAm.jpg?1

Gordy took the microphone as says, “We told you we was coming here for one reason and one reason only. To get us the gold and we didn’t care whose heads we had to knock to get it. Tonight we knocked the House of Humperdink and soon it will be the Sheepherders.

Buddy Roberts is next as in his deepest, raspiest voice puts over the fact the Freebirds can’t be stopped and we are going to take no prisoners on the way to the another championship.

Michael Hayes begins, “Ya know something. One time somebody said, hey why aint you in Hollywood? I said why should I be there when everything’s right here in Dallas, Texas Baby. I mean do those Sheepherders really think they can walk down Bad Street and make it to the end of the block.

Match: CURT HENIG with BABY DOLL VS KILLER TIM BROOKS

Curt is the Texas Heavyweight Champion but all anyone can do is look at the Perfect 10 as she is hotter than ever. She gets right into the face of Killer Brooks and he seems to cower in her presence. Her confidence and sex appeal have made her an icon here in just a short period of time and everyone wishes she could get her hands on Sherri Martel again.

GfJdvjs.jpg?1

As for the match, Killer Brooks has his moments but in the end Henig was just too good and the end came after a Bridging Cradle Plex.

The Perfect Team heads over to Bill Mercer who wonders how Curt Henig is going to deal with the wickedness of Sheri Martel in his upcoming match with Eddie Gilbert as he reminds us that Baby Doll will be barred from ringside.

Baby Doll takes over and says “Look at my man. He is the Perfect Wrestler. He has all the muscles. He has all the speed. He has all the skill. He doesn’t need any help beating the scrub Eddie Gilbert and that Street Walker Sheri Martel. If that ugly wannabe wrestler Martel even thinks of getting involved, we got a plan in place for her. We will knock her so far out of here that they will have to ship sunlight to her. It will be the last thing she does in this sport. We will be ready for her and this Texas Heavyweight Title isn’t going anywhere!

MATCH: KERRY VON ERICH VS DUKE MYERS

The crowd really goes wild as “Tom Sawyer” by Rush blares through the speakers and they give a great ovation for their modern day warrior, Kerry Von Erich.

As for the match, it is exactly what you would expect. Kerry controls all but about 30 seconds and the end comes with the Iron Claw which followed a massive Tornado Punch.

As soon as the match ended, Bill Mercer is heard trying to warn Kerry VonErich as the World Champion, Jerry Lawler and that masked wrestler who has been helping Lawler of late hit the ring and go right for Kerry. The attack is short lived as the other Von Erich brothers and Michael Hayes hit the ring. What was a complete shock to the wrestling world just a few weeks ago now appears common as Kerry and Hayes again shake hands in the ring.

Mercer meets the Von Erich’s and Hayes in the ring where he asks Kerry if he is getting sick and tired of the dirty tactics by Jerry Lawler.

Kerry responds that he would expect nothing less from a snake in the grass like Lawler but he is up for any challenge especially now with Michael Hayes and the Freebirds ready to help out.

Michael Hayes again expresses that he has Kerry’s back and that neither Lawler nor that masked creep is going to get to Kerry before the big one in the Cotton Bowl.

Bill Mercer is thankful for that and turns the action back over to Marc Lawrence.

MATCH: MEDUSA MICELI VS WENDY RICHTER

obFXbpQ.jpg?20PpJpzI.jpg?1

Bill Mercer hypes up the fact that we are in for a treat as we are getting to see the ladies wrestle on TV tonight. He continues to push their toughness, athleticism and wrestling ability to the audience but when they come out, it is obvious that he left out their beauty.

Wendy Richter comes to the ring a cow girl outfit that has all of Texas excited but she may have been outdone by Medusa who comes to the ring sporting an outfit that would make any American proud.

As for the match, Mercer was right. They are both tough, athletic and have a lot of ability. The match has many turns but the end comes when Wendy Richter was sitting on the top rope and Medusa charged in a caught her with a Handstand Scissor takedown. She followed this up with an airplane Spin and Rick Hazzard made the three count.

Bill Mercer hypes up the fact that the fans really enjoyed this one and that Medusa is some athlete.

As we come out of break, Bill Mercer is hyping up the main event between The American Dream and Ron Bass and he is explaining that this feud might be new to us here in Texas but it has been going on in Florida for a long time. Mercer also explains the problems between Dusty Rhodes and Cowboy Bobby Duncum.

MATCH:

DUSTY RHODES

VS

RON BASS

Neither man waits for the bell and it is an all-out brawl in the center of the ring. Both man take turns with the momentum but after Dusty was taking a beating for a minute or two, he started to shake and jive and shrug off anything Bass was hitting him with. Bill Mercer was heard saying “Strong right hand by Bass but Rhodes shrugs it off. Not even shrugs it off. He acts as if it is a mosquito on a hot Texas night that has invaded his air space. The punches are bouncing of the American Dream like rain on soft grass.”

All of a sudden Rhodes opens up with a barrage of his on and Bass can’t handle it. After a few rights followed up by a Bionic Elbow we hear Mercer saying, “Here we go with danger city. It’s piledriver action by Rhodes” but before he completes the move Black Bart and Bobby Duncum have hit the ring. It is 3-1 and Dusty is in trouble.

The crowd begins to stir and by the sound in Mercer’s voice, nobody is sure if this is going to be good or bad for the Dream.

Mercer: Running to the ring here in the Sportatorium is none other than DICK MURDOCH and he has a cowbell.

Murdoch enters the ring and starts knocking the heads of the Outlaws with the cow bell. Bass and Black Bart are busted open and Dusty has Duncum held up by the hair. Murdoch rushed at him with full force and the cow bell gives an evil THUD! When it hits Duncum.

Somehow the Outlaws are able to escape to the safety of the locker room as Mercer meets Rhodes and Murdoch at the interview area.

The Dream begins. “I told ya folks I had kin in da house. I told you my blood was here tonight. We Texas are all kin to one another. I’m from Austin, Texas and my brother here is from Waxahochie, Texas and us Texans no two things. One is family and two is Outlawin. Ronnie Bass, Black Bart, Bobby Duncum, ya’ll want a fight well you got it!

Dick Murdoch, as he is drooling tabaco juice and waving a cowbell, explains “Dusty and myself are the ORIGINAL TEXAS OUTLAWS. Back when Bass and Black Bart were still being tucked into bed by their mommas, we were winning titles and raisin hell right here in Texas. They can’t be us. They can’t beat us and we are about to take some serious pieces out of their hides.

rKUTiID.jpg?1

As Mercer signs off, he reminds the fans in studio to vote for the special referee in the title bout between Lawler and Kerry VonErich. So long from Dallas, Texas.”

uipx84Ls.jpg?1

THIS WEEK IN USWA WRESTLING:

HOSTED BY GORDON SOLIE & JIM ROSS

6/23/1984 & 6/30/84

WTBS

SHOW AIRED NATIONALLY

9:05 AM- 10:05 AM

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to This Week in USWA Wrestling. I am Gordon Solie joined this week by Jim Ross. Together we will catch you up to date on all the comings and goings here in the USWA.

DUE TO A FAMILY VACATION, I HAVE DECIDED TO USE A QUICK UPDATE FORMAT FOR THE WEEKS OF JUNE 23 AND JUNE 30. I ALSO MUST POST IT A LITTLE EARLY. USWA WILL BE BACK IN FULL FORCE FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 9th. HOPE THIS WORKS FOR EVERYONE.

USWA: TEXAS

Mv9xG5M.png?2

1. PYT (Brickhouse Brown and Sweet Brown Sugar) continue to rise up the ranks of the USWA Tag Team Division and their music and athleticism has endeared themselves to the fans all over the state of Texas.

2. Fritz continues to make use of the Women’s Division and Medusa Miceli is fast becoming a crowd favorite. She has won a couple of exciting bouts against Lelani Kai and Princess Victoria. Her energy, sex appeal and wrestling abilities has the crowd wanting more.

3. The Freebirds continue to be undefeated since their debut in the USWA and they have really solidified their #1 contender status for the World Tag Team Titles against the Sheepherders. In a bit of a strange twist, the Sheepherders and the Freebirds have kept out of each other’s business as both teams just destroy everything in their way.

4. The Outlaws (Cowboy Ron Bass, Black Bart and Bobby Duncum) and the Texas Outlaws (Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch) have been going after each other for two weeks straight. It seems that every time Rhodes and Murdoch have a match, they are attacked by the Outlaws and vice versa. This feud is quickly turning white hot but it seems the 3 on 2 advantage the Outlaws have might be too tough for the Texas Outlaws to overcome.

5. It seems that the House of Humperdink and the Von Erich brothers have been going at it all over Texas. Kevin, Mike and Kerry took exception to the fact that Sir Oliver Humperdink continued to call out their father, Fritz, saying that he was crooked and the only way the Von Erich’s get anything in this sport is because it is handed to them by Daddy. These two groups have been battling in singles matches, tag team matches and even 6 man tag matches. The Von Erich’s always seem to fall victim to the numbers game as Humperdink has called in re-enforcements. What started out in the Frank Austin Center in Austin, Texas as Kevin Von Erich vs The Great Kabuki has seen Humperdink bring in all the hired guns including The Purple Haze, Abdullah the Butcher, The Botswana Man Eater and even the Prince of Darkness, Kevin Sullivan. The feud has been turned up since the arrival of Sullivan who continues to rant and rave that the sins of the father must be paid by the sons. Sullivan has been so brutal that Fritz begged his sons to stay away but they said they have never backed down before and they must stand up and honor the family name. At the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions, it will be Kevin & Mike Von Erich vs Kevin Sullivan and The Great Kabuki.

6. The Battle for the Texas Heavyweight Title has become a war of words between Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert and Curt Henig. This is due in part to the fact that Gilbert’s manager, Sheri Martel, wants no part of the Perfect 10, Baby Doll and whenever she is with Henig, Martel and Gilbert seem to disappear. This one is interesting because Martel has no problem interfering in Hot Stuff’s matches and with Baby Doll banned from ringside for the title bout in the Cotton Bowl, Henig might be in some serious trouble. Henig keeps saying they have a plan to keep Martel in check.

7. There is no doubt about what has been getting much of the attention here in Texas as Kerry Von Erich is getting set to take on the World Champion, Jerry the King Lawler. All Bill Mercer can say is “Thank God for Freebird Michael Hayes.” On so many occasions over the past few weeks, Lawler has sent in a hired henchman in a blue and red mask to attack Kerry Von Erich and without fail, Hayes has come in to save Von Erich. In fact, there have been a few matches between Lawler and this masked man now known as the Memphis Bounty Hunter and Kerry and Michael Hayes. Most of these matches have resulted in double disqualifications but it is obvious that at least someone has Von Erich’s back. It is also obvious that Lawler will do anything to save his belt. He has brought weapons into the ring, been counted out a few times and shows no respect for the rules of wrestling. These are the reasons for Hayes being chosen by the fans as the special guest referee for the Steel Cage Bout between Lawler and Von Erich at the Cotton Bowl on July 1. Hayes has also promised to bring Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts to help prevent any outside interference.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

USWA MID-SOUTH

8hfWQP9.jpg?3

1. Mr. Wrestling II and the Mr. Wrestling Club has continued to be a thorn in the side of Tommy Wildfire Rich as they have taken every opportunity to interfere in his matches and interviews. Anytime they found a numbers advantage, Rich was under attack. Wrestling II has quickly taught his stable his new cheating ways and all three of them have perfected the Million Dollar Knee Lift with the loaded knee guard. Rich’s buddies, Chief Wahoo McDanial, Rufus R. Jones and Junk Yard Dog have been the ones to come to Rich’s aid most of the time. In fact, the three recently turned to the tide on the Wrestling Club in a match Wrestling III and Wrestling IV were having in the Lake Front Arena in New Orleans against Billy Two Eagles and Joe Lightfoot when they attacked the Club in the middle of the match. They ran up behind Mr. Wrestling II and whipped him all over the arena. Wrestling II, who has been surviving mostly as a manager, was furious at this and demanded Cowboy Bill Watts do something about it. Watts laughed at II and told him what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Wrestling II threatened lawsuits if Watts did not do anything about it. Watts, not one to cave in, did to SOMETHING about it. He made a six man tag match between Mr. Wrestling II, III and IV vs Tommy Rich, Wahoo McDaniel and Junk Yard Dog. If a member of Rich’s team loses, they will have to leave the USWA and if a member of the Wrestling Club loses, they will have to take their mask off. Of course, this match is to take place at the Super Card in the Cotton Bowl on July 1.

2. The feud between the Fabulous Ones and The Red Assassins (Alexis Smirnoff in a red mask and Fidel Sierra) is on the verge of becoming out of control. It all began when the Red Assassins continues beating Duke Myers and JR Hogg after the match in Shreveport was over and the Fabulous Ones came to the rescue. One week later, the Red Assassins went at it with a female fan until the Fabulous Ones again saved the day and really went to town one the Assassins. It all got out of hand the next week as the Red Assassins interfered in a singles match involving Steve Keirn and they spray painted him “commie” red.

Keirn and Lane came back the next week and didn’t even let the Red Assassins enter the building at the River City Arena in Baton Rouge as they attacked them in the parking lot. The Fabulous Ones gave the Red Assassins a beat down with anything they could find and made sure they ended the attack with a little RED, WHITE AND BLUE spray painting of their own. The following week at the TV taping in Shreveport, the Red Assassins got their revenge. During a match between the Invaders and the Fabulous Ones, the Red Assassins, with the help of the Invaders, laid out the Fabulous Ones when Smirnoff used two devastating heart punches. As Keirn and Lane laid helplessly on the mat, Smirnoff covered Lane in a Russian flag and Fidel Sierra covered Keirn in a Cuban flag. Before Tommy Rich, JYD and Wahoo could get to the ring, The Red Assassins began to sing the national anthems of their respected countries.

These four men have agreed to an Anthem Flag match at the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions where the winning team will be the first team to gather both flags of their respected countries. The team that loses must stand at attention as the anthem or anthems of the winning team is played. If they fail to do so, they will be suspended by the USWA.

3. The biggest feud in the Mid-South is for the USWA North American Title where Hacksaw Butch Reed and The Black Panther have been at each other’s throats since Ernie Ladd was suspended almost a month ago. Hacksaw Reed is certain that the Black Panther is none other than Ernie Ladd but Cowboy Bill Watts says he can’t do anything unless someone proves that the Black Panther is indeed Ernie Ladd.

Reed has tried on numerous occasions to get the mask off of the Black Panther but the huge, 410 pound Big Red Reese has acted almost as Black Panther’s body guard. Every time Reed attacked Black Panther, Reese made the save and on many occasions he was able to nail Reed with a Holy Ghost Splash nearly breaking Reed in half.

The best thing to come out of this is the new friendship between Reed and JYD as JYD has come to the aid of Reed when he was outnumbered by the enemy. The Black Panther has begun wearing a San Diego Chargers football helmet around to help make sure that his mask never comes off. He has also used this helmet on many occasions as these men have meet in many tag team matches. All of these matches have ended in some sort of disqualification usually as a result of the football helmet.

Reed believes this helmet is just more prove that it is Ernie Ladd as he played pro football for the Chargers. Reed says he wants to fight fire with fire, as he two played some pro football with the Kansas City Chiefs. Reed and The Black Panther will meet in the Cotton Bowl for the North American Title in the first ever football helmet match. A helmet will be suspended atop a 10 foot pole above one of the ring posts and the first man to get it, can use it anyone he sees fit.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

USWA: CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FROM FLORIDA

7mdt6lm.jpg?1

1. Two wrestlers have really emerged as the leading contenders for the vacant USWA National Title and they are Jake the Snake Roberts and Rocky Johnson. The Snake has slithered his way to the top using a brutal style that has usually ended with a devastating DDT while Rocky Johnson has used his athleticism and awesome dropkicks along with his boxing background to climb the ranks. The two will meet for the title at the Parade of Champions on July 1, 1984.

2. The tag team division is really a story of old vs young. The USWA National Champions, Ole and Arn Anderson, have used their brutal tactics to run over every team in Florida and they almost captured the World Titles on a few occasions as they took the Sheepherders to the limit with a few time limit draws. The Andersons are the Andersons. They find and opponents weakness and then take full advantage of it. Many of their wins have come by submission.

On the other hand, the Young Stallions, Jim Powers and Paul Roma have really excited the fans with their brand of energy and power. Both men can capture victory from the jaws of defeat as they seem to be able to connect with their finisher, the running powerslam, at any point during the match.

The Andersons refuse to give these kids any respect while the Young Stallions are just thankful for the opportunity at the belts. This title match in the Cotton Bowl should be one to remember.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The last segment has Gordon Solie, Jim Ross and Bill Mercer hyping up the Supercard in Dallas. Texas on July 1.

THE DAVID VON ERICH MEMORIAL

PARADE OF CHAMPIONS

2GzGMWB.jpg?2

6/1/1984: WTBS

5:05-10:05

FROM THE COTTON BOWL

DALLAS, TEXAS

1. Kevin Sullivan & The Great Kabuki with Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Kevin & Mike Von Erich

2. USWA Texas Heavyweight Championship: Curt Henig vs Eddie Gilbert with Sheri Martel

3. The Fabulous Ones vs The Red Assassins (Alexis Smirnoff & Fidel Sierra: Anthem Match

4. USWA National Tag Title: Ole & Arn Anderson vs The Young Stallions (Roma & Powers)

5. Outlaws ( Ron Bass & Black Bart/Bobby Duncum) vs Texas Outlaws (Rhodes & Murdoch)

6. The Mr. Wrestling Club ( Mr. Wrestling II, III & IV) vs Tommy Rich, Wahoo McDaniel & JYD

7. USWA National Title Match: Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs Rocky Johnson

8. USWA World Tag Team Title Match: The Sheepherders vs The Fabulous Freebirds

9. USWA North American Title Match: Hacksaw Butch Reed vs The Black Panther (Football Helmet Match)

10. USWA World Title Match: Jerry “The King ” Lawler vs Kerry Von Erich (Stell Cage with Michael Hayes as Special Guest Referee)

USWA WRESTLING PRESENTS

THE DAVID VON ERICH MEMORIAL

PARADE OF CHAMPIONS

6/1/1984: WTBS

5:05-10:05

FROM THE COTTON BOWL

DALLAS, TEXAS

2GzGMWB.jpg?2

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to The David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions and USWA Wrestling here on WTBS. I am Gordon Solie along with Jim Ross. We have a jam packed show tonight so let’s get right to the ring.

THE HOUSE OF HUMPERDINK (KEVIN SULLIVAN & THE GREAT KABUKI)

VS

KEVIN & MIKE VON ERICH

Now this is the way to get the crowd into it right away explains Jim Ross. The House of Humperdink is first to the ring as Kevin Sullivan has a giant snake wrapped around his neck. When the two enter the ring, The Great Kabuki begins to spin in circles and then sprays the green mist straight into the air. The House of Humperdink has the fans on edge right from the get go and they love it.

The crowd explodes like never before as the Von Erich brothers come out. Not only are they fan favorites but this being the David Von Erich Memorial has put these fans over the edge. As for the match, it is a rough one. Sullivan is like a caged animal and he is having his way with Mike Von Erich. Kabuki continues the punishment when he enters and Kevin Von Erich doesn’t make it any better as he continuously tries to rush in but referee Rick Hazzard shoves him back each time. This gives Humperdink opportunities to get in a few blows with the walking stick and Mike is busted wide open.

Somehow Hazzard got knocked out for a few minutes. This didn’t do anything to slow down Kevin Von Erich as he was on fire. All of a sudden, Sullivan grabbed Von Erich as Humperdink and Kabuki entered the ring. Kabuki went to spray the mist in the eyes of Kevin but he slipped away at the last minute and Kabuki actually blinded Sullivan. A few seconds later, Humperdink went to hit Kevin with the walking stick but he was hit with a haymaker from Mike and to the delight of the crowd, Mike then clamped in the Iron Claw on Humperdink. Kevin hit a perfectly timed Super Kick to the chin of Kubuki which sent him tumbling out of the ring. Kevin hopped up on the top rope and leaped off connecting with a Von Erich Splash. He covered Sullivan just as Hazzard was stumbling over and the Von Erich’s got the win. The fans erupted with this and they hoped it was just the beginning of a good night for the Von Erichs. MATCH TIME 23:21.

USWA TEXAS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

CURT HENIG VS HOT STUFF EDDIE GILBERT with SHERI MARTEL

Sheri Martel and Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert strut out to the ring and seem very confident that they will win the belt tonight. Jim Ross says much of this confidence might be caused by the fact that Baby Doll has been banned from ringside during the match.

Curt Henig comes out to the roar of the fans but he does seem a little lost without the Perfect 10 by his side. As for the match, it is a back and forth contest where each wrestler has the momentum on many occasions. The beginning of the end came when Gilbert whipped Henig into the ropes and Sheri Martel tried to trip him. This was the first time she had interfered in the match but once was all it took. The crowd erupted as Madusa Miceli rushed to ringside and Martel tried to run away. Jim Ross explains that Madusa must have been the plan that Henig had all along.

As Martel was trying to escape, she ran right through the ring with Madusa in HOT pursuit. This distraction allowed Henig to connect with a drop kick on Gilbert. He quickly followed this up with a bridging cradle plex for the victory at 15:15.

Meanwhile, Madusa was having her way with Martel on the outside of the ring as she also connected with a suplex but this one was on the Cotton Bowl floor. Gilbert and Martel were rolling around in agony as Baby Doll came to the ring. She quickly embraced Henig and Madusa and then went right up to Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert and smacked him so hard right in the face that he actually tumbled through the middle ropes out on to the floor landing on Sheri Martel.

Jim Ross wondered if the Perfect Team has a new member as Henig, belt in hand walks out of the ring with two of the hottest blondes on the planet.

glmafJa.jpg?1 nDd45Zx.jpg?4

THE FABULOUS ONES

VS

THE RED ASSASSINS (A MASKED ALEXIS SMIRNOFF & FIDEL SIERRA)

(FLAG POLE MATCH)

These two teams have been at each other’s throats for weeks and they have the fans into it from the get go. The crowd here in the Cotton Bowl erupts when the ground crew secures two American Flags above one of the ring post and you can almost feel their anger when the same man places the Cuban and Russian Flags above the opposite ring post. The rules are that whichever team collects their flags first will be declared the winners and loser must stand at attention while the winners National Anthems are played.

The Red Assassins come to the ring first and they are under fire from this crowd right away but that all changes when ZZ Topps and “Sharp Dressed Man” blares from the speakers. Steve Keirn and Stan Lane come dancing out in their tuxedos and do a little strip tease and the girls are almost in heat. The interesting thing is that these teams must stand in the corner opposite their own flags.

As the match starts, the masked Russian Assassin tries to bull rush the Fabulous Ones and just grab his own flag but Keirn dropped down and caught him with a toe hold take down while Lane quickly got involved by coming off the top rope for an elbow drop. This was as close to getting a flag that either team will get in the first 15 minutes of the bout. All 4 men had the momentum but it was so hard to get a flag as they were actually above the wrestler who was not in the ring and every time someone gained the advantage, it was the outside teammate who protected his flag.

With all 4 men battling in the ring, Fidel Sierra whipped Lane right at the Russian Assassin and Lane was nailed with a Heart Punch. This allowed the Red Assassins to gain the Cuban Flag but Keirn refused to allow them to gain both by dropkicking the Cuban Assassin out of the ring. He quickly turned and nailed The Russian Assassin with a Russian Leg Sweep. Keirn and a battered Lane, simply walked across the ring and take both American flags for the victory at 19:21. The Fabulous One jumped up on the ring ropes waving the American Flags as the entire crowd was on their feet. Before the United States National Anthem played, Ross kept going over how great it was for the Fabulous Ones to win on a Russian Leg Sweep.

Security came out and blocked the exits and the Red Assassins had no choice but to stand and listen to the Star Spangled Banner. What a Patriotic Scene here in Texas.

USWA NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

OLE & ARN ANDERRSON

VS

THE YOUNG STALLIONS (PAUL ROMA & JOHNNY POWERS)

With the challengers already in the ring, Jim Ross can’t believe his eyes as Ole and Arn Anderson are being lead to the ring by Ole’s older brother Gene Anderson. Ross really hypes up Gene and says the Young Stallions better be on their toes as business is about to pick up.

The match starts with an eye rake by Ole on Roma and the Anderson’s take control for a while. They combine quick tags, dirty tactics and good technical skill to wear down Roma. Somehow Roma escaped the corner and made a tag in to Powers and he went wild for a minute or two and the Anderson’s all ended up on the floor where the three huddled together to slow down the momentum of Powers and rethink their game plan. The Anderson’s knew enough to try and stay away from Jim Powers and his powerslam but somehow he managed to catch Ole after an Irish Whip. Gene made his presence felt for the first time here by pulling Ole’s leg onto the bottom rope.

The crowd roared their objection but there was nothing ref Scrappy McGowan could do as he was just tricked by one of the best. Again Ole used an eye rake and escaped more trouble and tagged back in Arn. Instead of leaving the ring, Ole went right up to Scrappy and made up some complaint that him and Scrappy going nose to nose for a minute. This allowed Gene to nail Powers in the back of the head with a massive forearm. Arn followed this up with a Spinebuster and Ole pointed McGowan back to the action. As the ref made the count, Ole knocked Roma off the apron to make sure he didn’t make the save.

The Andersons celebrated in the ring with the belts as Jim Ross puts over the fact that the Andersons will now ne double tough with Gene in the mix. Gordon also hypes up just how close the Young Stallions were to taking the USWA National Tag Titles.

THE OUTLAWS (BLACK BART & COWBOY RON BASS with BOBBY DUNCUM)

Vs

THE TEXAS OUTLAWS (DUSTY RHODES & DICK MURDOCH)

Now this match is just an old fashion brawl. All 4 men just beat the heck out of each other and all 4 had blood streaming down their faces. Rhodes and Murdoch seem to enjoy this old school bar room brawl wrestling with much of the action taking place outside the ring.

The end comes when Black Bart rushed into the ring illegally while Rhodes and Bass were battling it out. As ref Bronco Lubich forces Bart out of the ring, Bobby Duncum gets up on the apron and tosses the cow bell to Bass but the toss was long as Rhodes intercepted it. Rhodes didn’t seem to care about the victory as he was enraged at the actions of Duncum.

GONG!!! Goes the cow bell off the skull of Bass but unfortunately for the Texas Outlaws, the ref turned around at the last second and Rhodes and Murdoch were disqualified at 21:09. Rhodes and Murdoch did not seem to care.

GONG!!! Goes the cow bell off Black Bart while at the same time, Murdoch has grabbed Duncum.

Rhodes askes the crowd what he should do? He waves the cow bell in a threatening manner at Duncum and the crowd erupts.

GONG!!! Goes the Cow bell and down goes the last of the Outlaws. Rhodes and Murdoch embrace and leave the ring completely satisfied at their destruction of the Outlaws.

THE WRESTLING CLUB (MR. WRESTLING II, III, & IV)

VS

TOMMY RICH, WAHOO MCDANIEL AND JUNK YARD DOG

(HAIR VS MASK MATCH)

A few months ago, nobody would have ever guessed that Mr. Wrestling II would be one of the most hated men in the USWA but his actions of late have caused just that. His two protégées are talented but the fans would love to see them lose so their identity would be revealed.

Wahoo, Rich and JYD and three of the most popular wrestlers in all of wrestling and the crowd is really hyped up as they come out. As for the match, it is wild one in which referee Pee Wee Anderson had his hands full. Every time the referee got the least bit distracted, the Wrestling Club would switch wrestlers as nobody could tell them apart with their identical masks.

As for the ending, Tommy Rich was in the ring with Mr. Wrestling III and Rich was in control of the match. After an Irish Whip, he caught Wrestling III in a sleeper in the center of the ring. As Wrestling III went down to one knee, the camera man caught Mr. Wrestling II strapping on a knee guard while Wrestling IV tried to rush into the ring and break the sleeper hold. The referee stopped Wrestling IV before he got to Wildfire but the two were going nose to nose in a heated argument. This gave Wrestling II an opportunity to enter the ring and go for the LOADED Million Dollar Knee Lift as Rich had his back turned. Just as Wrestling II went for the knee lift, JYD rushed in and push Wildfire out of the way.

WHAM!!! The LOADED knee lift connected with the jaw of Wrestling III and he was out like a light. Pee Wee Anderson turned and saw Rich with the pin attempt while JYD made sure Wrestling II did not interfere.

The crowd went wild as Rich, JYD and Wahoo gained the victory. JYD kept an eye on Wrestling II while Wahoo watched Wrestling IV. This gave Rich the opportunity to take the mask off a Wrestling III.

Jim Ross is really hyping this up and as the mask comes off you can hear him basically screaming “I can’t believe it. The Devil has come to the Cotton Bowl today and the Devil is none other than ………….

BUZZ SAWYER!

Rich can’t believe his eyes. After years of battling the Mad Dog, he thought that Sawyer had finally come to his side. You can bet one of the greatest feuds in all of wrestling is back on now!

USWA NATIONAL TITLE MATCH

JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS

VS

ROCKY JOHNSON

This match is to fill the vacant USWA National Title and it is between the two hottest wrestlers in Florida Championship Wrestling. The match has many turns and twists that saw Rocky Johnson use his boxing background to take the early advantage but Snake is just too smart. He suckered Johnson in to rushing into the corner a little too quick and caught Rocky with a knee to the gut. The Snake now slithered his way to complete control until Johnson got his adrenaline flowing and went wild. He had Roberts on the ropes after a lightening drop kick but Roberts was smart enough to roll out of the ring. Johnson again rushed to follow him and was caught with a forearm smash to the chest. He followed this up by throwing Johnson into the steel steps to the ring. Roberts quickly picked up Johnson and threw him back into the ring. Roberts picked up Johnson in a front face lock and quickly turned into a devastating DDT for the pin at 18:43.

Jim Ross announces we have a new USWA National Champion while Gordon Solie really hypes up how tough Jake Roberts was tonight and that he might hold that belt for quite some time.

USWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE SHEEPHERDERS VS THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS

The Freebirds are first to the ring as the crowd goes wild when the first chords of “Freebird” blares from the Cotton Bowl speakers. It is amazing that in just a few weeks, the Freebirds have become almost as big as the Cowboys here in the Dallas area. The aid that they have given to the Von Erichs have endeared them to these fans and they are all rooting for new champions.

The Sheepherders come to the ring waving the New Zealand flag and seem to be as confident as ever. As soon as they get in the ring, they go on the attack but the Freebirds were ready and the War is on. While this match did have some momentum changes, the Freebirds were ready for this match. Every time the Sheepherders seemed to have something going, the Freebirds were one step ahead.

In fact, Jim Ross said he had never seen a team manhandle the Sheepherders like this. The end came when Bam Bam Gordy just went wild. He caught Butch Miller in a Piledriver and went for the pin. Luke Williams rushed in to make the save with an elbow drop but it was like Gordy had eyes in the back of his head as he rolled away at the last second and Williams hit Miller. Gordy picked up Williams and by sheer power, nailed him with a running powerslam. With Williams now out of the picture, Gordy hit an unnecessary running leg drop on Miller and that was all she wrote. MATCH TIME 24:21

Michael Hayes on the outside of the ring counted along with ref Scrappy McGowan as Gordon Solie hypes up the fact we have new USWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS as the Von Erichs rush out to the ring to join in the celebration. Michael Hayes is seen telling Kerry Von Erich “your next” which Ross explains means that Hayes believes that Kerry will become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

USWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED VS THE BLACK PANTHER

(FOOTBALL HELMET MATCH)

The Black Panther makes his way to the ring in a completely black mask and cape and antagonizes the fans every step of the way.

The crowd is going wild as Hacksaw makes his way to the ring but he seems to pay them no mind as he is all business. Jim Ross reminds us that in this match there is a football helmet attached to a 10 foot pole atop one of the ring post and whichever wrestler gets that helmet can use it anyway he sees fit.

Just before the match begins, the Black Panther holds up his hands as if to say wait a minute and ref Pee Wee Anderson keeps Hacksaw Reed back. To the amazement of the crowd, the Black Panther removes his mask and as everyone expected, it is none other than Ernie Ladd.

Gordon Solie seems confused by this action as he says the USWA Board of Directors will have no choice but to suspend Ernie Ladd for one year as he was supposed to be serving a 30 day suspension from USWA.

Jim Ross says that might not be true as the suspension of Ernie Ladd ended yesterday and there is no way to prove that Ernie Ladd was the Black Panther all along. It seems like Hacksaw Reed has also figured that out and he is enraged. He rushes in on the attack but Ladd escapes through the ring ropes and begins to run around the ring. Reed chases but maybe a bit too recklessly as Ladd catches him with a Big Boot as he came around the corner.

Ladd controls the match for a while now but eventually Hacksaw regains the momentum and he begins to really lay it on Ladd. At one point, Reed put on a display off awesome power as he followed up a short armed close line with a double underhook suplex. Reed now went for the helmet but somehow Ladd caught him as he was climbing the pole. Ladd tosses Reed off the top of the pole all the way to the floor which must have been about 15 feet.

Ladd now sees his chance at climbing the pole but he seems to have nothing left in the tank and comes up short with 3 straight tries. Reed has recovered by now and is firing on all cylinders. Reed connects with right hand after right hand and sends Ladd through the ropes out onto the floor. Effortlessly, Reed climbs the pole and gets the football helmet and he places it on his head as Ladd barely makes it back into the ring before the count of 10. Ladd staggers to his feet as Reed leaps off the top rope and hits a FOOTBALL TACKLE (spear) leading with the helmet right into the head of Ladd.

Ladd is basically out and Reed gets the pin but he doesn’t stop there. He takes off the helmet and begins to swing it like a weapon and he is connecting with every part of Ladd’s body. Ladd is busted wide open and the beating is so violent that even the crowd begins to feel bad for the hated Ladd. There seems to be no stopping Reed as his anger with Ladd has been building up for the better part of a year now.

Finally JYD comes out and comes down his buddy. It appears that Reed has calmed down as his shoulders slump and he turns away with his head down as he exhales. JYD has his hands on his hips as if to say whew!

WHAM!

Reed nails JYD with the football helmet and the crowd is stunned.

WHAM! WHAM! Two more massive blows to JYD and he is down right next to Ladd.

Reed throws the football helmet down and leaves the ring and heads back to the locker room with his title belt as the crowd is in shock.

USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

JERRY “THE KING” LAWLER VS KERRY VON ERICH

(STEEL CAGE with SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE MICHAEL HAYES)

WKbSLlE.jpg?2

Now this feud is red hot and the crowd here in Dallas is furious at Jerry Lawler for his dirty tactics over the past month. This plays right into his arrogant persona as he just struts out wearing his crown and laughing at the fans and calling them all kinds of names.

VonErich is the hometown hero and the crowd would like nothing better than for him to capture the title to honor his brother David.

Michael Hayes was the first to enter the cage and he is in the ring in jeans and a referee shirt while Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy is outside the ring making sure that none of Lawler’s henchmen can get involved in this match in any shape or form.

As ref Michael Hayes holds up the belt for the fans to see, Lawler attacks before the bell and this gives him the early advantage. Lawler is brutal and really goes after Von Erich. He uses his skill and the cage to really give it to Kerry. He slams fist after fist into the head of Kerry and also rams it into the steel cage until Kerry is busted wide open. Lawler has many near falls but to be honest with you, Michael Hayes seemed to be out of position and made some really slow counts. Lawler even connected with his famous middle rope fist drop but again Hayes was so slow that the match continued. Hayes and Lawler had words and actually shoved each other a few times. Lawler than caught Kerry in a Sleeper but Hayes forced him to break it saying it was a choke hold even though this Steel Cage Match was a no disqualification Match.

The crowd begins to get nervous and really tried to get behind the “modern day warrior” and it worked. He blocks another right hand by Lawler and gives it right back to the champ. The two exchange blows in the center of the ring until Von Erich nails a Tornado Punch and Lawler went down. This was almost the end. Not because Lawler was seriously hurt but because the count by Hayes was lightening quick. Hayes really starts to use his referee power against Lawler now and actually seemed to be helping Kerry. Von Erich clamps in the Iron Claw right in the center of the ring but Lawler refuses to submit. With Lawler basically out on his feet, Kerry Von Erich climbed to the top of the cage and leaped off with a flying cross body block. Somehow Hayes was too close to Lawler and he took as much of the blow as The King. Hayes and Lawler were both down but that was not a problem as Kerry could win by simply walking through the cage and Terry Gordy as in charge of opening the door.

All of a sudden, the Memphis Bounty Hunter, the man in the red and blue mask who has been helping Lawler of late comes charging to the ring and he and Gordy begin to go at it. The fans are going wild and hoping Gordy can stop this man from saving Lawler and his title.

Gordy is able to knock the masked man down and unlocks the cage door as Kerry is about to walk out and become World Champion.

WHAM!

Bam Bam slams the door right off the head of Kerry Von Erich and down goes Von Erich. Gordy relocks the door as the masked man and Gordy begin to hug as the masked man pulls off the mask and it is none other than BUDDY JACK ROBERTS!

Inside the ring, Hayes and Lawler are beating Kerry from pillar to post. Kevin Von Erich and Michael Von Erich rush out to try and help their brother but there is nothing they can do as they have to battle the Freebirds on the outside.

After a few minutes of knocking Von Erich around, Lawler rams Kerry’s head off the cage one more time and then covers him for what might have been the fastest count in wrestling history.

Lawler and the 3 Freebirds embrace in the center of the ring as the Von Erichs try to help their brother who is a bloody mess.

Solie finishes the show by saying that is one of the most disgusting actions he has ever seen in this sport. He wonders what type of human being would do this at the David Von Erich Memorial show and then he catches himself and realizes that the Freebirds and Jerry Lawler are just the type of people to do this. He ends the show by saying this is a sad day in the sport of “KINGS”. So long from Dallas, Texas.

Some great twists you added in this Cotton Bowl, namely the return of Buzz Sawyer and the Freebirds turning on Kerry Von Erich on what was supposed to be his greatest night. Another very very solid card you've given us with this Parade of Champions!

• 2 weeks later...

7/7/1984: WTBS

8hfWQP9.jpg?3

BhI95rG.png?4

The show starts with Cowboy Bill Watts informing the viewers that Ernie Ladd will not be suspended by the USWA for his actions in the David Von Erich Memorial where he took off his mask revealing that he was the Black Panther. Ernie Ladd was serving a 30 day “cooling off” period from his feud with Hacksaw Butch Reed and was not supposed to be involved in any Mid-South doings over that period. Watts explains that the 30 days had ended the day before and that there is no way to go back in time and prove that Ernie Ladd was the Black Panther all along and because of this there will be no suspension.

Jim Ross breaks in and says “speaking of that match in the Cotton Bowl, that was some ending. Let’s go the video tape in case any of you had missed it.

Ladd now sees his chance at climbing the pole but he seems to have nothing left in the tank and comes up short with 3 straight tries. Reed has recovered by now and is firing on all cylinders. Reed connects with right hand after right hand and sends Ladd through the ropes out onto the floor. Effortlessly, Reed climbs the pole and gets the football helmet and he places it on his head as Ladd barely makes it back into the ring before the count of 10. Ladd staggers to his feet as Reed leaps off the top rope and hits a FOOTBALL TACKLE (spear) leading with the helmet right into the head of Ladd.

Ladd is basically out and Reed gets the pin but he doesn’t stop there. He takes off the helmet and begins to swing it like a weapon and he is connecting with every part of Ladd’s body. Ladd is busted wide open and the beating is so violent that even the crowd begins to feel bad for the hated Ladd. There seems to be no stopping Reed as his anger with Ladd has been building up for the better part of a year now.

Finally JYD comes out and comes down his buddy. It appears that Reed has calmed down as his shoulders slump and he turns away with his head down as he exhales. JYD has his hands on his hips as if to say whew!

WHAM!

Reed nails JYD with the football helmet and the crowd is stunned.

WHAM! WHAM! Two more massive blows to JYD and he is down right next to Ladd.

Reed throws the football helmet down and leaves the ring and heads back to the locker room with his title belt as the crowd is in shock.

As the video tape comes to an end we see that Junk Yard Dog is at the interview desk. Jim Ross asks him if he has had a chance to speak to the North American Champion, Hacksaw Butch Reed about this incident.

JYD responds that he has not seen Hacksaw Reed or Ernie Ladd for that matter since that day in the Cotton Bowl. JYD says he wants to speak to Reed before he makes any decisions. He says that he has been in major matches before where you just lose all control and maybe Reed just had one of those days and he is willing to forgive Reed if that is all this was. He finished by saying the Dog is a loyal Dog but just don’t cross me or you will get the teeth. JYD gives a few quick little barks as he heads to the ring for today’s first match.

MATCH: JUNK YARD DOG VS ROGER KIRBY

A nice opening match that has the crowd going from the first sounds of “Another One Bites Dust.” JYD and Kirby exchange momentum for about 5 minutes before JYD connects with the THUMP (powerslam) for the victory.

As we come out of break, Cowboy Bill Watts says that he recently had the “pleasure” of meeting Sir Oliver Humperdink at his mansion and what he saw there may greatly impact not only the Mid-South but all of the USWA.

Jim Ross asks if he could explain this last comment as Watts says he can do even better than that as he had the entire interview taped and here are the highlights.

Sir Oliver Humperdink and another man are sitting in pool side drinking some special concoction while servants are running around doing all kinds of work.

Humperdink begins by saying that today is a historic day in the USWA Wrestling. He introduces the man to his right as the one and only Armand Hussein and explains that together they have formed H&H Incorporated and what that really means is that together they will rule all of the USWA. Humperdink continues by explaining that he will run the Mid-South side of the business while Hussein will run the Texas side of the business.

Hussein then steps up to the microphone and explains that never before have two masterminds joined together like this before and it will only be a short time before we rule all of professional wrestling.

Watts asks what wrestlers is he currently managing and Hussein says you will just have to tune in this week to USWA: Texas to find out but you can be sure you have never seen anything like my stable of wrestlers before. I will give you a hint. My private jet recently took a trip from my home land of Saudi Arabia to the Far East and it is there that I found the 4 greatest wrestling MACHINES and I have brought them all back to terrorize the wrestlers and fans of that Hell Hole called Texas. Some you will be very familiar with while the other two will amaze and frighten you like never before.

Jim Ross really hypes up how dangerous the merger of Humperdink and Hussein could be. He explains that while many of you may not be familiar Hussein but says that he is one of the most ruthless men in all the business.

Jim Ross turns us back to the ring for our next match and the fans really pop again as Tommy “Wildfire” Rich heads to the ring.

MATCH: TOMMY RICH VS JOSH STROUD

Jim Ross explains that Rich is red hot after he found out that one of the members of the Mr. Wrestling Club was actually Buzz Sawyer in a mask. He reminds the fans that Rich and Sawyer was one of the biggest feuds in all of wrestling history and it appears that after a very short cooling off period, it is back on.

As for the match, Rich and Stroud start a bit slow with some technical maneuvers but when Stroud tried to sucker punch Rich, Wildfire went off and made quick work of Stroud. The end came after a Lou Thesz Press but as soon as the referee made the 3 count, you could hear a moan from the crowd.

Buzz Sawyer, The Purple Haze and Sir Oliver Humperdink hit the ring and begin to beat on Rich while Kevin Sullivan went right to the interview desk and grabbed the microphone.

N6xEjuu.jpg?1

Sullivan: “I told you that Sawyer was perfect for the Army of Darkness. He is as crazy as I am and with the help of Mr. Wrestling II we set up your All-American Country Boy. Tommy Rich, you have been warned, get out of Mid-South now or suffer the consequences. As for the rest of Mid-South, you have not seen the last statement of our power. You soulless waste of space will just have to wait and see what Hell awaits you tonight.”

gOBzSPS.jpg?3

While all of this was going on, The House of Humperdink was taking care of Rich until Jim Ross announces that help is on the way. The Fabulous Ones and JYD rush to the ring but Sullivan calls off his troops and they escape behind the curtain.

Tommy Rich is in a bad way but pushes off the aid and walks out under his own power to the roar of the crowd. Rich is as mad as we have ever seen him.

Jim Ross begins the segment by informing the viewers that the Sheepherders lost their World Tag Team Championship in the Cotton Bowl to the Fabulous Freebirds and that they will have their rematch this week in San Antonio, Texas at the HemisFair Arena. Cowboy Bill Watts joins in by saying that he was a little surprised at how easy the Freebirds defeated the Sheepherders and that they are really going to have to step up their game if they are going to win back their belts. Watts continues by explaining that the Fabulous Ones have been on a roll of late and that they believe they deserve a title shot no matter who the champions are.

Jim Ross says well we are going to get a look at the former champs right now in what they hope will be a tune up for their rematch.

MATCH: THE SHEEPHERDERS VS TED ALLEN & JOE LIGHTFOOT

With Allen and Lightfoot already in the ring, we hear Jim Ross begin screaming,

Ross: “Good God almighty, he’s back! Ladies and Gentlemen it’s Jonathan Boyd. He is leading Butch Miller and Luke Williams to the ring. For those of you not familiar with Boyd, he is a former member of the Sheepherders but had broken his leg in a car accident last year. He is brutal. He is maniacal. He is scary mean.”

As for the match, pure brutality. Allen and Lightfoot are tossed from pillar to post and sometimes out of the ring. Once on the floor, one of the Sheepherders would distract the ref and Boyd would use that cane he was carrying as a weapon. The end came after about 4 minutes. Miller put Lightfoot out of his misery with one last body slam for the victory.

All 3 Sheepherders went to the interview desk where they did not even wait for a question. All three took turns warning the Freebirds that they are in for the beating of their lives and then Jonathan Boyd said “and Fabulous Ones. You are next. We have some unfinished business which needs finishing.”

beimFrp.jpg?1

As we come out of break, Mr. Wrestling II is at the desk where Watts questions what in the hell went on over the past few weeks with the Wrestling Club and Buzz Sawyer and all of that.

Mr. Wrestling II responds: Sometimes it is fun to play with the Devil. Kevin Sullivan set this plan in motion months ago when he had Sawyer and Humperdink pretend to be at odds with each other. It was all a rouse to get rid of Tommy Rich. Next to me, nobody hates that pretend wrestler Tommy Rich more than Buzz Sawyer and he jumped at the idea. While it did not work out perfectly yet, Tommy Rich better have eyes in the back of his head as The Army of Darkness is all over his butt and if there is anything left, my new protégé will take care of that.

Watts: “What new protégé?

Mr. Wrestling II: “Let’s just go to the ring and you can see for yourself.”

Watts: “Fair enough.”

MATCH: MIKE MASTERS with MR. WRESTLING II VS JOHNNY MANTELL

As we head to the ring, we see Mr. Wrestling II leading one of the most muscular wrestlers in all of USWA Wrestling. As for the match, Masters just has his way with Mantell and the end comes in about 3 minutes with a violent Swinging Full Nelson.

gtDXNhV.jpg?1

Both Watts and Ross admit that they were extremely impressed with Mike Masters and his debut here on Mid-South Wrestling. They also hype up the fact that Tommy Rich might be in some trouble with both The Army of Darkness and Mr. Wrestling II after him.

The music starts to blare ZZ Topps and “Sharpe Dressed Man” and Jim Ross says it is time to get right back to the ring. The girls are all going wild as Steve Keirn and Stan Lane head to the ring for their match.

MATCH: THE FABULOUS ONES VS THE INVADERS

As the Fabulous Ones finish off their entrance, Ross is really hyping up the Invaders and reminds us that they have been the tag team champions in the WWC over 15 times and that the Fab Ones will have their hands full.

Ross was not kidding as the match is a great display of action. All four men really know what they are doing and have tag team wrestling down to a science. In the end, The Fabulous Ones were able to overcome the dirty tactics of the Invaders when Sweet Stan Lane connected with a Russian Leg Sweep on Invader #1 and gained the victory.

Lane and Keirn went to the interview desk where they were congratulated by Cowboy Watts and then he asked them what they thought of the return of Jonathan Boyd and his claim that they have unfinished business.

Keirn and Lane take turns saying that they believe they are the best tag team in the USWA and it doesn’t matter to them if it is The Freebirds or the Sheepherders but they are going win the World Titles.

Watts pushes them to answer the question about what Boyd was taking about.

Steve Keirn just smiles and asks Watts if he saw the cane Boyd was using tonight.

Watts: “yes”

Keirn: “Well he may claim it is from a car accident but we know we are the reason he needs that cane to walk and that is all I am going to say about that”

Jim Ross: “Wow, I think business is about to pick up here in the tag team division.”

MATCH: HOT STUFF EDDIE GILBERT with SHERI MARTEL VS JR HOGG

Jim Ross hypes the debut of Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert and Sheri Martell to Mid-South. “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summers blares as the two head to the ring as cocky as ever.

As for the match, Gilbert has some difficulty with the size of Hogg and the match seems a bit stiff but it only lasts about 2 minutes before we hear Jim Ross.

ROSS: “OH MY GOD! SULLIVAN, PURPLE HAZE, BUZZ SAWYER AND SIR OLIVER HUMPERDINK ARE RUSHING TO THE RING. JR HOGG IS IN DEEP TROUBLE.”

Instead, the 3 go right for Eddie Gilbert and throw him out of the ring. From there, the beat him to what appears to be within an inch of his life. They throw him into walls, ring posts, steel barricades.

Ross: “Will somebody stop this. Enough is enough.”

The beating continues as Ross and Watts are confused as to what is the beef between Sullivan and Gilbert. We see Sheri is almost crying as there is nothing she can do.

Gilbert is busted wide open and Ross is saying that Sullivan is going to rot in hell for what he has done tonight. All of a sudden, Martell’s tears turn to a hug smile and we can’t believe what we see. Sullivan, Satanic face paint and all, and Sheri Martel are KISSING in the ring.

Ross: “Jezebel” How can Martell do this? Does she have no conscience? Does she have no heart? Does she have no soul? She has just made a deal with the devil and now she has to live with it.

L8UAem8.jpg?1

The fans are in shock. While they did not root for Gilbert in the beginning, the action of Sullivan and The Army of Darkness have made Gilbert a sympathetic figure. All of a sudden Tommy Rich, JYD and The Fabulous hit the ring. This time they catch Sullivan and his gang and the war is on!

Jim Ross says “sorry folks, we are out of time. We will have to get to the bottom of this next week. So long from Shreveport, Louisiana.