Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 2/22 - 2/28/16

FMKK

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That closing segment was so stupid, if the goal is to get over Roman as the new ace. Why not keep the LON out there to help with the beat down? Why not at least keep Sheamus out there? Instead we get Triple H one on one beating the crap out of Roman and leaving in lying.

Sure it worked with Daniel Bryan a few years ago, but Roman is not Bryan. Bryan was hand cuffed, by the way at least.

GIF/photo replies are better than just ripping into someone. They're good for civility.

However they are dismissive and end discussions. Therefore they are not good at all.

I generally agree, at least for this board.....however......joeg warrented that response

God Bless You Johnny Sorrow

I'm not trying to troll or cause shit. I just don't see this first month as a strong attempt to set Styles up in a position to succeed. I've laid out why I feel that way. A feud with Jericho didn't do anything to get people over in the recent past, if anything it hurt their push. The feud with Jericho has no heat to it. Once Cena and Rollins and whoever else come back, Styles becomes the #5 or #6 babyface. Whereas if he debuted heel by doing something like beating the shit out of an over babyface there wouldn't be as much possiblity for him to get lost in the shuffle. In part because there isn't as much depth on the heel side. He has already lost and his finisher has already been kicked out of. His first announced PPV match was announced less than a week before the PPV. We are less then a month out from Mania, 3 matches have been announced. If/when he gets over, its because he's AJ Styles. Not because they gave him some monster main event push out of the gate. They gave him a half hearted, mid card push out of the gate.

The Styles stuff is interesting because I feel WWE is doing just enough to keep him over, but not get him too over. Can't have a TNA guy running around with the top title and all that other non-sense. AJ Styles probably has 3-5 years in the WWE and probably in pro wrestling in general. With that said, its probably best for WWE to use him in a mechanic type of role than anything else. There are a lot of cold acts in WWE right now who could use a new opponent and a shot at possibility updating their ring work. With the disaster that is happening in the main event scene with Reigns, Lesnar, Ambrose, and HHH, I am glad Styles is as far away from that mess as possible.

Of all the things to complain about, I don't know that the handling of Styles would make my top 20? Let's see!

1) Roman Reigns having no discernable personality traits. Seriously, without discussing his push or look, describe Roman Reigns. Can't be done.

2) See also The Usos

3) New Day having no actual program despite being the most over act in the company

4) Dolph Ziggler being a featured part of the show despite sinking multiple angles with poor performances

5) Doing nothing with Bo Dallas despite having the opportunity to run with the Flo Rida thing

6) Booking the unstoppable monster of the WWE against the grey-haired son of the owner of the company who hasn't appeared on the show in 6 years as one of the featured attractions of WrestleMania.

7) The Wyatts being defanged over and over and over

8) 40 Year Old Triple H being the lead heel in the promotion

9) Summer Rae being given nothing after a successful performance in the Rusev angle.

10) Tyler Breeze having nothing to do despite having a gimmick you could write an angle for in 2 minutes

11) Neville having nothing to do despite demonstrating he could be at least a solid piece in NXT

12) Miz being a jobber despite having a career renaissance where he's done nothing but successfully put people over.

13) The League of Nations having no reason to be together whatsoever. No stated goals. No direction.

14) Damien Sandow not being on the show ever despite 100 hours of television a week.

15) There being 100 hours of television a week.

16) All the regulars continuously having put over guest stars for the last 10 years

17) Titus O'Neil being suspended

18) Ryback turning heel again for no reason because he actually gets a positive reaction, can't have that!

19) No sense of tier system where everyone trades wins despite that method proving ineffective for years

20) The company focus on having the characters seek to 'have moments' rather than win the damn match.

Boom. Done.

Bryan also seems to think we are getting another brand split post mania. Well that would be lame

Depends. One man champion. US and IC on separate shows as their main titles. Keep them separate. They each have different feels and styles. It could work that way. Of course I have no confidence they would do it right.

The only brand split I would want to see is an NXT invasion, leading them to take over Smackdown.

I definitely would not mind a new brand split. The brand split was better than what we have now. If you didn't like Raw then you had a whole different set of talent on Smackdown to watch. I'm not sure if they have enough depth to do it now though, at least not without really depleting NXT.

I definitely would not mind a new brand split. The brand split was better than what we have now. If you didn't like Raw then you had a whole different set of talent on Smackdown to watch. I'm not sure if they have enough depth to do it now though, at least not without really depleting NXT.

Well the restocking of NXT iis going on big time right now, so raiding NXT to make Smackdown a great show again wouldn't be a bad idea.

It really depends, if Dunn/Vince are still running both shows then it will still be shit. If Vince/Dunn focus on one and the other had a different focus then it's a whole new ball game.

I think it would be a mistake to do a brand split with the idea that NXT guys got one brand for themselves. They don't need to be playing against each other on the main roster when they are doing that already as it is in NXT. NXT guys need to be infused into the mix with the main roster guys. I do think if they end up doing RAW vs WWE, it will be done in a way where the Authority got to stay on Raw and Shane was handed the keys to whatever Smackdown ends up being...probably as a concession to him supported by the McMahon we have not seen in a long time and that carries a certain gravity of authority, Linda.

I read that rumor a couple of days ago and I hoped it was just a rumor. The brand split sucks for the obvious reasons.

The rumor I read was RAW would be run by Shane and would feature most of the top names, while the Authority ran Smackdown and they kept the rest and had NXT guys working there.