Pro Wrestling Only

Shane McMahon

Dylan Waco

NO. No no no no no.

Just no.

I enjoyed the surprise as much as the next guy, but Shane is terrible. He's created some highlights from destroying his body with reckless abandon (vs Angle, vs Kane), but other than that has been not only lame, but an actively stupid and offensive worker. Beating Kurt Angle and Lashley in amateur wrestling battles, fighting toe-to-toe with the Monster Kane...he has no idea how to work to the character of the spoiled, untrained boss' son, and the shit that he does is truly awful.

He's also not that good a promo, or character. Steph smokes him as a performer even though she too has inherited an inability to show vulnerability.

I honestly think he's one of the very worst guys to have worked for the company in the 21st century.

I thought he was pretty awesome in 1999. MSP was a great gimmick It's when he started going even with the active roster that things took a negative turn.

Trying to think back to that time frame and Shane was pretty freaking great in late 98 also with the swerve face turn and fucking over Austin.

his segment last night was actually a damn fine babyface return promo

My favourite Shane match is the cage match vs the Rock from just after Backlash 2000. Shane as the overwhelmed son getting battered by the Rock and nearly winning the title solely through masses of interference is his most realistic character, and he sold his beating convincingly. Certainly more realistic than acing an Olympic medalist on the mat.

Man, I've JUST remembered the horrors of his 2009 return. Randy Orton had just won the Rumble and was looking like the biggest badass in the company, having just wrecked the McMahon family over consecutive weeks. Steph gets on the mic, smirks and tells Randy "We're not going to fire you....we've got bigger plans for you" (looking SO smug), and the whole roster parts to let though pudgy grey-haired Shane, who batters Orton and the Legacy stable with a barrage of lame punches that caused him to run out of breath. Orton had never been hotter in the company and they successfully sank him in one angle.

I don't see why this is so "controversial". I actually thought about nominating him months ago but forgot, last night someone reminded me and boom. I guess he kind of sucks mechanically and the criticisms of him "wrestling" Kurt Angle and such are probably valid, but boy could he produce spectacles. I won't rank him-but really we're at a point where we've had about 700 wrestlers nominated, might as well bring him up and discuss the merits of his work as well.

My favourite Shane match is the cage match vs the Rock from just after Backlash 2000. Shane as the overwhelmed son getting battered by the Rock and nearly winning the title solely through masses of interference is his most realistic character, and he sold his beating convincingly. Certainly more realistic than acing an Olympic medalist on the mat.

I kind of love that match and went to bat for it in the 2000 yearbook recommendation thread.

I mean, I won't vote for Shane, but still.