Pro Wrestling Only

Chic Cullen

Dylan Waco

Big fan of his early work when he first made it on to TV. Enjoyed the period were Cullen, Moran and Kilby will all vying for the same belt, culminating in the awesome Cullen/Moran title fight. Didn't get as many good opponents after that, and was another guy like Roberts who didn't match up with Jones as well as I would have liked. His All-Star work wasn't as strong, but that's true for everyone across the board. All-Star benefitted guys who didn't have much personality or were used in a bland or boring way by Dale Martin, but it didn't really add much to the pure workers' resumes.

What does strengthen Cullen's case is his early 80s Reslo work (the original Reslo not the cheesy version from the late 80s onwards.) He looks great during that period. I've seen some of his early 90s work, but it didn't add to his case.

I could see an argument for him being a top 10 Euro worker for the 80s, but I'd probably have Kilby and Murphy ahead of him for ITV output, and I'd have to think about where he'd rate in relation to Roach, Singh and Steele, which pretty much makes him a player in the 80s British scene and not a strong candidate for a list like this.