Pro Wrestling Only

Trauma I

Dylan Waco

Don't know that I'd vote for him now, but I do wonder if I would feel that way if I went back and watched all the peak IWRG stuff. I know a lot of people think Los Traumas are kind of overrated, but I love them. T1 is bigger, and I think comes across as a little less dramatic than his brother. I'm not certain he's as good on the mat either. That said he's a force and has been in an awful lot of matches I've liked a lot. I don't think he's an outlandish pick.

I thought he was clearly the weaker Trauma from '09-'11 or so (I watched all of this stuff as the time and haven't gone back to revisit it, so my timeline is possibly off), but then at some point he really seemed to step up huge and hit the same level as his brother. I pretty much fell off a cliff with IWRG (and all current wrestling) around mid-2012, so I have no real idea how the Teaumas have been since then, but there was a point in 2010/2011 where both guys would've been in my five favourite wrestlers in the world.

Trauma I had two really great years in 2010 and 2011. His advantage over his brother is that he has a handful of go to single matches, not all of which were easy tasks (the Angelico match comes to mind). If that period had kept up he really could have been one of the better workers of the 2010s, but unfortunately an injury happened and Trauma I wasn't the same anymore. Right now he doesn't touch his brother, as he kind of he lost the super menacing, stiff brawler aura that made him stand out in the beginning and as a mat worker was never top shelf (later on even regressing). He seems to have some kind of resurgence going with lots matches against prominent opponents, haven't gotten to check it out to be honest, but currently I don't see a case for this list at all and it pains me because at his best the guy is a killer.