Pro Wrestling Only

Spiros Arion

Grimmas

Of the classic Bruno challengers, Arion is probably the one we have the most footage of and also the one who looks most impressive in that footage.

He was one of the few glimmers of hope in the 1975 footage, which could be -- at times -- totally fucking dire.

The Golden Greek was a big name in Australia around the same time as Denucci was, but in the US he worked as a dastardly heel.

Outside of WWF, we have footage of him in the old Aussie WCW against Abby, here:

And against Jack Brisco:

He also, randomly, crops up in World of Sport, in this longish bout:

And here:

I've nominated Arion because he is one of those workers who feels totally lost to time.

For people who are interested in this kind of thing, I want to note that when people my parents' age and older talk about wrestling, Australian wrestling I mean, there are a couple of names that are always mentioned: Mario Milano, Killer Kowalski, and Spiros Arion. In that order, I have to admit, but still he was an enduring star here during the glory days, above a lot of more recognizable (to us) names.

He was my mum's favourite wrestler. That's definitely a +1.