Pro Wrestling Only

Jerry Valiant

Grimmas

Imagine Bobby Heenan.

Okay, now imagine Bobby Heenan doing a 360 bump over a turnbuckle.

And that, right there, is Jerry Valiant's case in nutshell.

He might just be the most unheralded and most underrated worker of the 1970s. I'd go as far as to say that I might be the only person in the world who even gives a shit about him. Okay, that might be a stretch, me and about three old men on kayfabe memories.

But I guarantee you that if this guy had been around in the 90s say, he'd have been nominated already and have at least a dozen different people commenting on him.

For Valiant alone, I'd actually try the fabled Battle of Atlantic City, it's a thirty minute match against Andre the Giant and Ted Dibiase in 1979, he tags with Baron Scicluna.

I maintain it is a really good match. I uploaded it before: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/32225-the-battle-of-atlantic-city-andre-dibiase-vs-scicluna-jerry-valiant-72679/

Beyond that I'd just watch any random Valiant's tags. There's one against Denucci and Wilbur Snyder on YouTube and without even recalling it off hand, you will quickly see what sets Jerry apart from Jimmy and John.