Pro Wrestling Only

Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Grimmas

It's very possible that Jesse is the worst worker to have been nominated through this entire process.

Viewed from a workrate perspective, Venutra is stunningly lacking in athletic ability or technical prowess. It sometimes amazes me that for a guy who could speak so intelligently about wrestling on commentary, in the ring he doesn't seem to know a wrist lock from a wrist watch. He is literally hopeless.

And yet, he was over, he got good reactions, he was a star everywhere he went. And despite it all, is part of some pretty good matches, albeit almost always as a tag partner being carried.

I mainly nominated him to give the anti-workrate contingent more people to think about.

But also as a means of contrasting him with other apparently dogshit wrestlers like Putski and Strongbow.

Where the difference comes, I think, is that Putski and especially Strongbow had timing. They knew what to do and when. Jesse, honestly has zero clue. He has very little ring sense at all, and tries to overcome this through sheer stalling.