Pro Wrestling Only

Marcus Alexander Bagwell

Grimmas

Bagwell can't win.

I get that he was getting pretty good in 96-97 when he started going to NJPW, but even if he had continued in that direction and never gotten injured, Russo coming in would have totally destroyed any chance he had of putting on quality performances in 99-00 and his general attitude would have tanked him in WWE. We would have ended up with a lot of mid 00s Ken Anderson matches or something.

Even in an alternate reality, it doesn't work out for him.

Though I enjoyed some of his tag work with Stars & Stripes, American Males, Vicious and Delicious, and the Scorpio team, he was the worst worker in all four tandems

I essentially nominated him because of this.

But also because I think that the younger worker is "lost" because people remember him as Buff Bagwell. And because I genuinely believe he was better than Tom Zenk, who was nominated.

The young rookie Bagwell was not adverse to getting a total beating, and usually older guys would be happy to oblige. He was a pretty boy -- had the sort of looks that Robert Gibson was meant to have -- and there's something satisifying about seeing him get slapped in the face.

Also, I have really fond memories of the Bagwell and Scorpio team. One of the rare times that I got behind a babyface team.

Bagwell as the painfully unhip white frat guy friend of 2 Cold Scorpio made for a really fun dynamic. I think he had potential in the early years. I also have to concede that he was (and is) very charismatic. That said I don't think he was great at any single facet of wrestling. Also, for a guy who worked a big chunk of his career as a singles star, he may be unique among the competent wrestlers I can think of in that I can't recall a single good match.

• 5 years later...