Pro Wrestling Only

Ole Anderson

Grimmas

Ole is an all-time great talker but probably not an all-time great worker.

However, he is very good at administering a beatdown, coming off that top rope with the flying knee drop, targeting a body part and staying on it, and all that other Anderson goodness. Trouble is, he doesn't bump and stooge like the other Horsemen and can be one of the least giving wrestlers this side of Bruiser Brody or Mil Mascaras.

Still, he has some great and memorable matches to his name. The famous one with Dusty vs. Assassins, vs. Rock n Rolls at Starrcade 86, the strap match with Flair in 80, and about three million squash matches just fucking destroying jobbers with Arn in 85-6.

I hate Ole. I know he's a guy that certain fans love, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a certain type of fan include him on their list, but to me he's every bit as bad as Brody at eating a match alive, and with fewer matches I can think of offhand that I actually like. I didn't even like the Tenryu match others tried to push as something special from All Japan. Probably did deserve to be nominated, but no way on Earth I'd ever vote for him.