Pro Wrestling Only

Manny Fernandez

Grimmas

True blood n guts n brass knucks type worker with a cracking moustache.

He has footage in places that tend to be a bit under-explored, such as Florida, and Southwest. Stuff with Terry Funk is worth seeking out, just for the angles really. In Southwest he has matches with Bock, Chavo, Tully and the Sheepherders.

As anyone will tell you, that stuff is easy to watch and is enjoyable, but also weirdly ephemeral too.

In JCP, he has matches with Arn, Abby of course, and the Rock n Rolls tagging with Rude.

Later, he has a random NJ run, which I've not watched. And a feud with an old Wahoo in AWA that some people really liked.

I feel like if guys like Johnny Sorrow or Rob Naylor were driving this project there'd be more Manny love.

Kind of shocked he wasn't nominated sooner, not so much because I think he's a great worker, but because he's always had a sort of cult following in certain segments of hardcore fandom. Very entertaining wrestler, with lots and lots of fun matches. Not many I would call great, but I do love the way he carried himself, and love his team with Rude.

• 7 years later...