Pro Wrestling Only

Chico Che

Dylan Waco

Factually I can't argue with Phil, but instinctively I want to rate him because he's probably my favorite luchador ever. This butterball dude in a jumper, doing the most beautiful flying spots you've seen, with one of the better fired up freakshow babyface comebacks ever, who can also brawl with best with them. Absolutely love him in trios, especially when he would play the "doesn't know his strength/aw shucks he's really a nice guy until..." enforcer role. Think 89 Rick Steiner but without the obvious insensitivity and way better. Also love his singles matches with Black Terry, where he was every bit as good as Terry which is really saying something. Just an absolute joy to watch, and a guy I strongly associate with the period when I fell head over heels in love with lucha libre. Felt wrong for him not to have a thread, even if Phil is probably right about rating him.

• 5 years later...

I hadn't seen the Commando Negro Apuestas before and that is another great match on his resume. He has come back to the world of footage as part of the Strippers Big faction, and had some fun stuff, although not at the level of his 2010s. I mean his on tape career is longer then say Rick Rude and has as many top shelf performances

I really need to go back and watch his stuff it seems. I never came away from his IWRG work thinking much of him. He's a good tubby guy but that's his ceiling for me. If we're limiting this to unhealthily overweight luchadores, he's clearly better than Nino Hamburguesa but I find Nino more entertaining to watch.