Pro Wrestling Only

Exile on Badstreet #24 (All Hell is Breaking Loose - The Story of Continental Part 1) (Featuring Beau James)

KrisZ

Exile24.jpg

Kris is joined by Beau James to discuss the first year of Continental Championship Wrestling spanning from June 1985 to June 1986. We go over how Continental came to be and all the major angles and matches of the first year. All of the favorites are discussed here and Beau tells some great stories that have never, if ever at all, been heard on a podcast. This is a must listen show!!!

http://placetobenation.com/exile-on-badstreet-24-all-hell-is-breaking-loose-the-story-of-continental-wrestling-part-1/

I know zilch about Southeastern/Continental so this was a great listen. Beau was an amazing guest, just an incredible knowledge of the area. Probably should buy a set from him soon, his YouTube channel is a lot of fun. He'd probably be a great guest on BTS, but you already knew that I'm sure.

Thought this was tremendous.

Continental is an area that I know next to nothing about and Beau was just a wealth of information. With a lot of these long podcasts I tend to break them up listen to them in several goes, not the case here as it was one that I just couldn't listening to when I started. Real excellent work guys.

If it hasn't come to you yet, Mike Fever's brother was 'Gentleman' Jim Holliday.

Really loved this and found out a lot of stuff I didn't know about. Like the awesome story of The Stud Stable's "cut man" and how it led to Tom Prichard becoming Dr. Tom.

• 3 weeks later...

As a fan from Australia since 1980, I grew up on the WWF but would read every Apter mag cover to cover, no matter which promotion the story was on. So that included Continental. This podcast was outstanding, I learned about so many matches, angles, feuds, characters. Very much looking forward to Part 2. Please keep giving coverage to the territory legends. Much appreciated to both Kris and Beau for the time and effort put into such an exhaustive look at Year One of Continental.