Pro Wrestling Only

Red Bastien

Dylan Waco

Probably not, which is why he wasn't nominated until now.

I'm glad he's come up though, from what little I've seen he looks awesome and right up my alley. There's a tag match with Robinson vs Bock/Stevens on the WWE Tag DVD that is awesome, possibly my favourite 70s match. There's also a short singles match on Youtube vs...Verne I think? And he looks great in that too. Makes you despair that there's not more out there.

Is there enough prime footage to make a judgment?

Enough to tell he was very good? Yes. Enough to rate him as an all timer? To my mind no.

Still he's thought of as one of the great workers of his era, and there is enough floating around where we can get a glimpse of that. If someone saw him a lot growing up - and I think one or two such voters might qualify - then I could see him being on a ballot.

While we don't have a lot of footage of Bastien, I still thought he'd be interesting to discuss since he looks so good in the limited amount we do have. I do agree it's probably not enough for even a 95-100 spot, but it didn't feel right not even having him as an option.

• 5 years later...