Pro Wrestling Only

What Locker Room had the Most Guys

Phil Schneider

Mid-to-late-90s WCW probably wins just for the sheer number of wrestlers that appeared on their shows at some point or another. They had most of the old WWF and NWA stars from the 80s who were still around, most of the superstars of the WWF Attitude period before/after their primes, plus whomever they signed away from ECW that month, especially plus tons of luchadores and New Japan guys.

I mean, seriously, here's a short list: Steve Austin, Ric Flair, Jushin Liger, Rey Mysterio Jr, AJ Styles, Akira Hokuto, Mick Foley, Randy Savage, Eddie Guerrero, Vader, Bret Hart, La Parka, Terry Funk, Ricky Morton, Bobby Eaton, Sabu, Steven Regal, Dusty Rhodes, Great Muta, Chris Benoit, Arn Anderson, Shinjiro Otani, Barry Windham, La Parka, Hulk Hogan... it truly was a Who's Who of talent, all sandwiched together in less than a decade.

Mid-to-late-90s WCW probably wins just for the sheer number of wrestlers that appeared on their shows at some point or another. They had most of the old WWF and NWA stars from the 80s who were still around, most of the superstars of the WWF Attitude period before/after their primes, plus whomever they signed away from ECW that month, especially plus tons of luchadores and New Japan guys.

I mean, seriously, here's a short list: Steve Austin, Ric Flair, Jushin Liger, Rey Mysterio Jr, AJ Styles, Akira Hokuto, Mick Foley, Randy Savage, Eddie Guerrero, Vader, Bret Hart, La Parka, Terry Funk, Ricky Morton, Bobby Eaton, Sabu, Steven Regal, Dusty Rhodes, Great Muta, Chris Benoit, Arn Anderson, Shinjiro Otani, Barry Windham, La Parka, Hulk Hogan... it truly was a Who's Who of talent, all sandwiched together in less than a decade.

Lots of those guys weren't around together though, Aj Styles was never in the locker room with Mick Foley. I am thinking one day, one look in, who would have the most (It still might be late 90s WCW though)

For one day, in one building, would co-promotional shows count? The "Bridge of Dream" Tokyo Dome show from 1995 comes to mind, when all the Japanese feds put on one match apiece in the world's most overstuffed supershow. The big Wrestling Summit show from 1990 with Hogan/Hansen would be another one, plus pick-your-favorite WCW/NJPW crossover.

I was thinking'89 wwf because Harley Barry Tully Arn Randy Hogan Bulldogs I think Garvin Valentine Brett Owen Shawn ;but I guess WCW'97 was pretty good.

I'M on a cell sorry bout the sloppiness.

I can narrow it down for u. I know it wasn't GWF'91

I'm still sort of working through these and have spent way too long doing the math. Here are a few to start that immediately stand out. Anyone listed here is likely making my list.

1973-74 WOS (5): Breaks, Grey, Jones, Rudge, Serjeant
1980 AJPW (6): Jumbo, Bockwinkel, Destroyer, Fuchi, Dutch Mantell, Tenryu
1980 NJPW (8): Choshu, Fujinami, Fujiwara, Bret Hart, Hoshino, Keirn, Maeda, Saito
1981 AJPW (6): Brisco, Destroyer, Fuchi, Jumbo, Robinson, Tenryu
1981 CWA (7): Dundee, Fuchi, Keirn, Lawler, Morton, Onita, Robinson
1981 NJPW (16): Andre, Brazo de Plata, Brazo de Oro, Choshu, Fujinami, Fujiwara, Hamada, Hansen, Hoshino, Inoki, Kimura, Maeda, Murdoch, Solar I, Villano III, Yatsu
1982 Memphis (8): Bockwinkel, Dundee, Eaton, Embry, Funk, Keirn, Lawler, Morton
1982 NJPW (18): Andre, Choshu, Fujinami, Fujiwara, Hamada, Hansen, Hart, Hoshino, Inoki, Marty Jones, Kimura, Maeda, Murdoch, Buddy Rose, Valentine, Villano III, Yamazaki, Yatsu
1983 AJPW (9): Destroyer, Fuchi, Funk, Gordy, Hansen, Jumbo, Kawada, Misawa, Tenryu
1983 NJPW (18): Andre, Choshu, Finlay, Fujinami, Fujiwara, Hamada, Hansen, Hart, Hoshino, Inoki, Marty Jones, Kimura, Maeda, Navarro, Rose, Saito, Yamazaki, Yatsu
1983 Memphis (8): Bockwinkel, Dundee, Eaton, Funk, Hansen, Keirn, Lawler, Morton
1984 AJPW (13): Choshu, Destroyer, Fiera, Fuchi, Funk, Gordy, Hamada, Hayes, Jumbo, Kawada, Misawa, Tenryu, Yatsu
1984 NJPW (14): Andre, Choshu, Fujinami, Fujiwara, Hashimoto, Hart, Hoshino, Inoki, Maeda, Saito, Sano, Valentine, Yamazaki, Yatsu
1984 CWA (7): Bockwinkel, Dundee, Eaton, Keirn, Lawler, Morton, Savage
1984 UWF (5): Fujiwara, Hamada, Maeda, Mantell, Yamazaki
1985 AJPW (10): Brazo de Plata, Brazo de Oro, Choshu, Destroyer, Fuchi, Funk, Hamada, Jumbo, Lawler, Tenryu
1985 UWF (5): Fujiwara, Finlay, Jones, Maeda, Yamazaki
1985 NJPW (8): Andre, Funaki, Fujinami, Hashimoto, Hoshino, Inoki, Kimura, Sano

• 2 weeks later...

I would probably go with 1990 AJPW

Hansen, Kobashi, Kawada, Misawa, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr., Tenryu, Jumbo, Baba, Destroyer, Taue, Fuchi, Kikuchi, Terry Gordy, Steve Williams, Kroffat, and Dynamite. Plus Andre, Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes for a couple of tours. Thats 20. I doubt they were ever all on the same tour at the same time, but I'd bet at least 15 or so were on the same tour.