Best Wrestlers Who Didn't Get Nominated

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8975 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

I would have put Horst Hoffmann on my ballot, and I blame myself for not thinking to nominate him.

Edit: From an old-school standpoint, I also didn't find out until putting my list together that the Spoiler and Don Leo Jonathan didn't get nominations. Not that they were necessarily going on my list but they were both worthy of discussion.

#22 Eegah

Eegah
  • Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

I will throw a vote Mitch Ryder's way. Great old school type heel that had some really great 10 minute brawls with Mark Wolf and also was a breath of fresh air in Chikara. 

Mitch Ryder is definitely an oversight. His run in the mid 00s made him one of my favorites at that time. Such an entertaining performer.

#23 cad

cad
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:53 PM

Americo Rocca, El Texano, Villano V, Gran Cochisse

Of those, Rocca would have the best shot of making my list. If you asked me if Americo Rocca was one of the best hundred wrestlers ever and didn't let me think about it I'd say yes.

Texano would probably be on if there was more video of him from the Misioneros days through the early 1990s.

Other people have a better handle on Villano V than I do, but IV was nominated and I have a hard time separating the two.

I couldn't vote for Gran Cochisse with just the matches I've seen but I've always assumed he was just as talented as the other guys except for maybe Texano.

When I saw that Konnan Big had been nominated I thought about nominating Micro Konnan, standard Konnan, and Scott Putski, but I figured you wouldn't want a nobody poster clogging up the list of nominees for a crap joke like that. Also I didn't want to review Scott Putski matches.

#24 Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice
  • Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:33 AM

I think on the tag team side, Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle should have been nominated and I take blame considering I watched the entire Final Conflict feud and didn't even think to put them on the list. Their TV squashes were fun to watch, they had heated build up matches to the blowoff, and have one of the all-time great tandem finishers. I could have seen them sneak into the bottom of my tag list.

#25 Yo-Yo's Roomie

Yo-Yo's Roomie
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

I flirted with the idea of nominating Primo Colon, but in the end decided against it when I realised he realistically wouldn't make my list. There's an alternate reality where he's considered a lock for something like this though.

#26 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7359 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

I flirted with the idea of nominating Primo Colon, but in the end decided against it when I realised he realistically wouldn't make my list. There's an alternate reality where he's considered a lock for something like this though.

I feel like he might actually be the most underutilized guy on the WWE roster. So underutilized that no one even seems to realize how good he is to complain that they should be doing more with him. During the time I was watching Superstars to see Chris Masters matches he was the only other guy I would make sure not to skip over if he also had a match on the show.

#27 NotJayTabb

NotJayTabb
  • Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:22 AM

I've no idea how Los Matadores didn't get more over. Really fun gimmick, especially with El Torito running awesome midget-bull highspot interference, easy crowd interaction with the Ole chant, and two really fun workers as the main team. It's kinda goofy, but I thought it was going to get over bigtime. Now, Primo and Epico aren't even making the C-shows. No idea what's happened to them

#28 victory

victory
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

Strike Force. It was the only team that I was considering putting on my list and didn't see.

#29 InYourCase

InYourCase
  • Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:38 AM

There were tag teams that I would've nominated if I was submitting a tag ballot. MochiFujii, Kne-Suka, RyoSuka, and Twin Towers (Sato & Ishikawa) come to mind. 

#30 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:09 AM

There's a few IWRG guys I'm sure got a bit of an overlook (even if they aren't cold locks). Angel Mortal and Los Oficiales stand out from that pack.

#31 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:53 AM

Strike Force. It was the only team that I was considering putting on my list and didn't see.

Wait what? I should've paid more attention to the Tag Team Nominees, this is a travesty of justice.

#32 Jingus

Jingus
  • Members
  • 2583 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

Sara Del Rey would have made my list if I'd realised she was missing. Her monster heel run on the Indies murdering dollies and getting good stuff out of green future (nxt) stars was too fun to overlook.

That's a good one. I was also kinda surprised when putting my final list together to discover that Awesome Kong was somehow never nominated. There's a lot of pretty damn good female workers in the American Joshi revolution of the past dozen years, between the SHIMMER mainstays and the best Knockouts from that division's golden days and so forth & so on, but pretty much none of them ever got mentioned.

Yoshiko Tamura considering she had that match Loss rated at *****

Which match?

#33 fxnj

fxnj
  • Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

This one
http://prowrestlingo...yoshiko-tamura/

#34 andrew79

andrew79
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:42 AM

The Bloody - Not enough quality work to justify a top 100 spot, but if people are seriously putting Trish Stratus on their list she at least deserved a nomination.

Ryuji Yamakawa - When I got back into wrestling and saw Honma's name, I immediately thought of Yamakawa. Again, not a massive amount of good matches, but if you're a deathmatch fan he was one of the better workers.

#35 cheapshot

cheapshot

The chap they call Allan.

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:52 AM

Dean Allmark. 

#36 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

Dean Allmark was nominated

#37 funkdoc

funkdoc

free si oem

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

you could make an argument that Sara Del Ray, Awesome Kong, LuFisto, et al. are basically the women's equivalent to the pre-ROH indie generation that always gets forgotten

#38 pol

pol
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

No Misawa/Ogawa team seems like an oversight to me. Maybe not the best Misawa team but perhaps my favorite, and the one that most felt like a 'real tag team' for whatever that's worth.

#39 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10166 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

I came close to nominating Yamakawa, but honestly didn't think he'd get any support. Del Ray and LuFisto do feel like regrettable oversites, but I say that as someone who never would have voted for either.

#40 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43386 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

I asked in the "Which women are you voting for?" if Sara Del Ray deserved nomination. I've never actually seen one of her matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users