Outrageous real-life heeling it up

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11316 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:37 AM

Made this thread in honour of Ian McShane's recent antics spoiling Game of Thrones willy nilly. I haven't read the spoiler, but I loved the heel promo he cut on internet nerds:

You say the slightest thing and the internet goes ape. I was accused of giving the plot away, but I just think get a fucking life. Its only tits and dragons.

Tremendous heeling.

spencer_murphy_1-large_trans++Rii_NIEKBS

#2 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5073 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:27 AM

Swearengen for President.

#3 cheapshot

cheapshot

The chap they call Allan.

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:30 AM

Billy Mitchell throughout the King Of Kong documentary is the biggest and greatest heel of all time. Really. 

#4 Death From Above

Death From Above
  • Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:35 AM

This is basically a Diego Costa highlights thread, yeah?

There are a lot of heels in wrestling that could learn a lot from this video.

#5 supremebve

supremebve
  • Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

Billy Mitchell throughout the King Of Kong documentary is the biggest and greatest heel of all time. Really. 

I fully and totally agree with this.  I think he's the best movie villain of all time, and that is just his natural personality.

#6 funkdoc

funkdoc

free si oem

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:48 PM

TURBONERD POST WARNING

king of kong is kinda BS, actually, aside from the general notion that twin galaxies was and is all kinds of sketchy.  i know a fair number of people from that community who won't try to defend TG, but have met billy mitchell IRL and will vouch for him.  definitely some fake drama in that film...

also, neither of the main characters are even in the top 10 donkey kong scores anymore so maybe that has something to do with it.  hard to get mad over anything that happened there when the scene has moved so far beyond it

#7 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11316 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

Awesome awesome call, LOVE that!

#8 Death From Above

Death From Above
  • Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

Literally everything I have read about people that have met Billy Mitchell suggest exactly the opposite, that they actually had to tone him down for the film because no one would believe what a knob he is.

#9 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2605 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

Watch and learn.

#10 supremebve

supremebve
  • Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:10 PM

TURBONERD POST WARNING

king of kong is kinda BS, actually, aside from the general notion that twin galaxies was and is all kinds of sketchy.  i know a fair number of people from that community who won't try to defend TG, but have met billy mitchell IRL and will vouch for him.  definitely some fake drama in that film...

also, neither of the main characters are even in the top 10 donkey kong scores anymore so maybe that has something to do with it.  hard to get mad over anything that happened there when the scene has moved so far beyond it

The funny thing about that movie is that it is very clear that the Twin Galaxies people love Billy and don't realize that he is a giant tool.  There is some sort of crazy hero worship thing going on with him, that just feels creepy from the outside looking in.  

#11 Ship Canal

Ship Canal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:16 PM

TURBONERD POST WARNING

The funny thing about that movie is that it is very clear that the Twin Galaxies people love Billy and don't realize that he is a giant tool.  There is some sort of crazy hero worship thing going on with him, that just feels creepy from the outside looking in.  

No doubt its outdated and infused with as much fiction as fact... many documentaries are after all. But that shouldn't take away from the HoF level heeling that goes on therein. If memory serves doesn't he engage in some absolutely stellar shithousery straight out of the most nefarious of playbooks when he actually goes to the trouble of doctoring a video of himself beating Steve Wiebe's most recent score which he sends in via post just to make the whole thing even more preposterously moustache twirling? Its absolutely next level stuff. 

And the bit where he just turns up with his valet on his arm and saunters through the players in a transparent attempt to put Wiebe off as he closes in on his record too. 

Print the legend etc...

#12 Ship Canal

Ship Canal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

If this is edging into the territory that PWO was set up to avoid then by all means let me know and I'll delete it if its going to cause too much aggro in terms of politics, but Martin Shkreli is surely the worlds number one outrageous real life heelster right now...

#13 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:46 PM

One of my favorite wrestling promos from a non-wrestling personality of all time goes to Little Richard and his 1980 something induction of Otis Redding into the R&R HOF. I believe its from the same ceremony that FlyOnTheWall posted. Its worth checking out. What makes it a heel promo is the fact that Little Richard is shamelessly self-promoting himself like there is no tomorrow, singing his own songs, calling people out for not laughing at his jokes, and getting annoyed with the audience at times all while trying to INDUCT SOMEONE ELSE INTO THE HALL OF FAME. Its fucking classic.

#14 Ship Canal

Ship Canal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

Watch and learn.

Outstanding. I can't even tell if he's being complimentary or scathing about some of the people he mentions, I'm just spellbound by the barely suppressed violence in his eyes. Total westhead.

Anyway, one world guys, peace and harmony!

#15 Exposer

Exposer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2198 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:12 PM

The McShane quote is hilarious. I wouldn't even really call what he revealed to be a complete spoiler. As a mark for A Song of Ice & Fire and Game of Thrones I've spent hours on Westeros.org reading theories & such. I mean what he says is a spoiler but it's not really a surprise if it's what people think he's talking about.

#16 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11316 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:40 AM

TURBONERD POST WARNING

No doubt its outdated and infused with as much fiction as fact... many documentaries are after all. But that shouldn't take away from the HoF level heeling that goes on therein. If memory serves doesn't he engage in some absolutely stellar shithousery straight out of the most nefarious of playbooks when he actually goes to the trouble of doctoring a video of himself beating Steve Wiebe's most recent score which he sends in via post just to make the whole thing even more preposterously moustache twirling? Its absolutely next level stuff. 
And the bit where he just turns up with his valet on his arm and saunters through the players in a transparent attempt to put Wiebe off as he closes in on his record too. 
Print the legend etc...

What I love about that whole deal so much is that he has a stooge heel stable behind him too. Minions who do his bidding. Sycophants and snitches and spies. All-time movie villain.

What really makes it for me is the pathetically small scale of it all.

#17 ohtani's jacket

ohtani's jacket
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 5676 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:25 AM

Michael Jordan's HOF induction speech is a good one. 

#18 PhilTLL

PhilTLL
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

Vaguely current! In the ESPN oral history Those Guys Have All The Fun, Michelle Beadle addresses the Erin Andrews privacy invasion and says something like "It was a nightmare scenario. Obviously she looked great, but it was so frightening for all of us." I was pretty amazed by that.

#19 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4453 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

Made this thread in honour of Ian McShane's recent antics spoiling Game of Thrones willy nilly. I haven't read the spoiler, but I loved the heel promo he cut on internet nerds:

You say the slightest thing and the internet goes ape. I was accused of giving the plot away, but I just think get a fucking life. Its only tits and dragons.

Tremendous heeling.

spencer_murphy_1-large_trans++Rii_NIEKBS
How is he being a heel? He's right. 😆

#20 Jingus

Jingus
  • Members
  • 2583 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

Half right. Game of Thrones does indeed come equipped with endless mountains of tits, so much gratuitous female nudity that it made the South Park episodes' weird obsession with the comparatively rare male nudity on the show to be outright homophobia. But it feels like the entire series has maybe thirty seconds' worth of dragons. We spend more time watching Dany worrying about the plight of her offscreen dragons than we ever do actually watching footage of the wyrms themselves.

As for King of Kong: it's a fantastically-made movie, but I have read several articles which listed a number of various real-life facts that the filmmakers fudged or manipulated in order to make the story more compelling. Billy Mitchell was less of a heartless dick in real life than he's portrayed in the movie's cherry-picked version of his life, while the movie apparently went out of its way to gloss over the fact that Steve Wiebe was kind of an obsessive antisocial loner. In the end; hey, there's a reason why I tend to read books rather than watching documentaries when it comes to consuming nonfiction, because it tends to be easier to distort the truth with video than with print.

And I feel kinda weird about including Martin Shkreli in with these other harmless examples. Everyone else listed here is just being mischievous about stuff which doesn't really matter. THAT piece of shit is committing massive financial fraud and denying lifesaving drugs to sick people and doing it all with pride. If he was suddenly killed tomorrow in a tragic piano-fell-off-a-roof-and-squashed-him-flat accident, I would legitimately celebrate his demise. Fuck that guy and everything he stands for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users