Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-05-26-AJW] Bull Nakano & Bat Yoshinaga vs Akira Hokuto & Sakie Hasegawa (2/3 falls)

Jetlag

Man, I maybe be insane but 1990-1992 Bull rules so hard compared to what she was doing later. This was Bull as wall of doom who will squash you like a bug. Hasegawa and Bat are the weak links, altough Bat will kick you really hard in the face for a weak link. I continue to love incubatory Hokuto as everytime she's in it looks like a fight to the death. Actually it also looks like a fight to the death when Hasegawa is in because she takes the most god awful beating in this. Horrid horrid horrid. Hasegawa has almost no offense compared to karate Bat and Bull, so she takes her basic junior's spin kick and turns it into a death move. I mean she does this by straight up spin kicking Bat directly in the face several times and not pulling shit in the slightest. I could see Daisuke Ikeda appreciating those kicks. Actually the whole match is about executing moves in the most violent manner possible as Hokuto drops Bull with the absolute nastiest double arm ddt I've ever seen and then makes her nose touch the mat doing a seated Cattle Mutilation. Hokuto has her knee in a bandage and does a pretty realistic job selling it at one point. I mean this is just a super violent 10 minute sprint, but Hokuto will do stuff like that to remind you who she is.

• 7 months later...

The first two falls were over in 92 seconds as both junior partners got killed. And that included a rest period! The start immediately made it hot and it was a sprint all the way. It was very intense with the one-upsmanship between Nakano and Hokuto. Akira would push the champion hard before falling at the end. Bat and Sakie had been given an opportunity in the main event and played their secondary roles well. Thrilling action and excitement with not a wasted moment. Strong psychology as well. They nailed this one.

Yeah, I totally agree. This is not a blow away classic but, it is wrestling done right. Bull & Hokuto in '91 are really something to go back and watch.

Almost a year later and have my actual notes:

Really vicious sprint type match. For what is seemingly an exhibition type match this was stiff and full of head drops. Sakie is just a notch up from being an opener yet, for her to be so competitive was great. This was the beginning of her push and its a good one. She was really underrated.

Highly recommended match

• GSR changed the title to [1991-05-26-AJW] Bull Nakano & Bat Yoshinaga vs Akira Hokuto & Sakie Hasegawa (2/3 falls)