22 replies to this topic

#1 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7908 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:01 AM

http://placetobenati...r-lists-part-2/

The longest podcast in the Super Show’s history. Tim and Steven reveal the 50-1 slots of their Greatest Wrestler Ever lists. Sit back and enjoy!

#2 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11324 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:37 AM

Tim's #43:

wP6exGu.jpg

Tim's #25

PqcIFm93VxA8o.gif

Steven's #18

B7RTo1O.jpg

Steven's #5

tN7QFeO.jpg

Once we got into the top 15, I felt that's where we got the most separation from the lists Chad and I did on WTBBP. You both fell into a certain party line on most of the major issues and debates, and in most cases were on the other side of them to both of us. But that's all cool.

You guys did remarkably well to get through almost six hours. I listened un-interrupted for the entire duration. And this is undoubtedly the best ever episode of Pro Wrestling Supershow, even if there were moments that I found painful or else entirely unconvincing. There were also many many more things said with which I agreed. Tim also needs some sort of award for enthusiasm because his energy didn't drop or waiver at any stage.

#3 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Haven't listened to all of this or even half of it, but it's great so far. And spoiler alert for my list Steven is not the high vote on CM Punk as he says he might be.

#4 jpchicago23

jpchicago23
  • Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

I might be the high vote on Punk actually but we'll see.

#5 Danish Dynamite

Danish Dynamite
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

I'm not the high vote on Punk (but he'll do fine on my ballot) :-)
On point: Great pair of shows. Paired with The Big Boys two-parter there's so much cool stuff to build anticipation for the final list.

#6 El Boricua

El Boricua
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1555 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

I'll listen to this during the next few days, but any plans for a tag list version? :D

#7 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7908 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

I'll listen to this during the next few days, but any plans for a tag list version? :D

No.. not from us. Too exhausted.

#8 Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice
  • Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, what Steven said.

#9 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1331 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:57 PM

Loving part 2. I'm up to Tim's passionate explanation on Atlantis and I agree with allllllll of it. You ranked him higher than me but he's someone I legit thought about for my top 25.

Just realized there are 3 1/2 hours left. Holy shit!

#10 Moonsault Marvin

Moonsault Marvin
  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:01 AM

Great job on the podcast.

#11 Woof

Woof
  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:30 AM

So I guess I'll be "that guy" who points out that Gino Hernandez' death is not what ended his teaming with Tully in Texas. Tully was already a member of the Horsemen by then and Gino was just coming out of his break-up with Chris Adams' when he passed. I'd of let it go, but Tim tripping all over himself to apologize for "forgetting" cracked me up. You know you've watched/talked too much wrestling lately when you start apologizing for forgetting things that didn't actually happen.

#12 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7908 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:33 AM

So I guess I'll be "that guy" who points out that Gino Hernandez' death is not what ended his teaming with Tully in Texas. Tully was already a member of the Horsemen by then and Gino was just coming out of his break-up with Chris Adams' when he passed. I'd of let it go, but Tim tripping all over himself to apologize for "forgetting" cracked me up. You know you've watched/talked too much wrestling lately when you start apologizing for forgetting things that didn't actually happen.

My mistake and apologies.

I always remembered him dying after he lost his hair in that tag match which I guess is a bullshit story.

#13 JKWebb

JKWebb
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:35 AM

I also voted Punk higher... Great show!

#14 Woof

Woof
  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

Steven's pitch for Larry Z had me rethinking leaving him off my ballot. I tend to remember too much of the lazy Larry stuff whenever his name comes up and I forget the great Bock fued in AWA. Not sure I would necessarily run out to change my ballot, but these shows have been great for reminding my about certain guys' upsides. Looking forward to more listening.

#15 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1400 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'm zeroing in on the Top 10. Great energy from you both. Hell of a show guys.

#16 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4441 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

BTW, Bryan finished No. 117 in 2006. Top vote was 15 from Ditch.

#17 Eegah

Eegah
  • Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

Terrific show. Steven and I park our cars in the same garage at number one but all the top 10 was fantastic. Thanks for the show.

#18 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4495 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

My mistake and apologies.

I always remembered him dying after he lost his hair in that tag match which I guess is a bullshit story.
Gino died a few months after he and Chris lost the haircut match and had just started feuding.

#19 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11324 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

Please imagine that the targets here are Steven and Tim.

They deserve this.

#20 Eegah

Eegah
  • Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

Now imagine Kobashi doing the same motions while on a hot streak at the craps table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users