Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover: Dallas

Ricky Jackson

Pretty hyped for this show. Card looks solid top to bottom. Lots of possible amazing matches tonight. Could be the end of an era with Balor, Bayley and Zayn all departing after this one. I really hope that Bayley sticks around as I dread her being put on the road to nowhere on the main roster, although the women's division has been slowly turning around and maybe her arrival will put things over the top.

Balor vs Joe

Bayley vs Asuka

Nakamura vs Zayn

American Alpha vs The Revival

Corbin vs Aries

The Drifter vs Crews

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like a huge percentage of fans are more excited for this show than they are Mania. Especially that fruitful 18-40 male demographic. I definitely think that Bayley has to stay in NXT just a little longer mainly to help rebuild a Women's Division that was badly dilapidated with the big "Divas Revolution" call up. I think the match with Asuka will blow everyone away and might be on par with the Sasha matches if all goes well. Joe vs Balor II is going to be amazing in and of itself and I'm very intrigued to see what they do in reference to the rumored debuts of Bullet Club. Joe is my dude so he's gotta leave with that pretty belt. Also, don't sleep on that tag title match because both American Alpha and The Revival are solid as hell. Also, Austin Aries in a WWE ring! Just a very smart and stacked show for the flagship of older WWE fans.

I'm really hyped for Nakamura's debut, but the whole show looks great. Jordan and Gable could really elevate themselves tonight with a MOTYC. Dash and Dawson had some good matches with Cass and Enzo so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with a far superior team.

I'm looking forward to every match, even Drifter vs. Crews. They succeeded in taking that minimal effort to make a slightly intriguing midcard match and I think it will be really solid.

Corbin has basically won me over and I think he will go over but would not be surprised either way.

I really think Revival will retain and Alpha will continue to chase into the summer.

Can't see how the last three matches won't be at least good. Asuka/Bayley feels like it could either not really click or be out of this world great but it really feels like the closest thing to a Hogan/Warrior match you can run right now.

As long as Balor and Joe have a good enough match, there's enough drama and intrigue surrounding how it will finish to make it really captivating. Haven't been this pumped for a single card in a pretty long time. Can't wait.

One of the things that I love the most about NXT is how in every title match on the card, I can see either the champion retaining or the title switching hands... and both would make sense. I reckon Finn will be the Demon tonight though & him losing as the Demon should probably not happen. Joe doesn't really need the win or the title but they might call-up Bàlor for when Bullet Club shows up. Not sure.

The card looks really fun. Hope my internet holds up tonight!

Predictions:

Bàlor vs Joe
Bayley vs Asuka
Nakamura vs Zayn
American Alpha vs The Revival
Corbin vs Aries - Probably a non-finish to keep the story going.
The Drifter vs Crews - Drifter is a jobber & Crews feels like his star is falling fast. He needs the win more IMO.

I'd like to see Bayley hold the title until Summerslam weekend. Tell the story of going the full year (or two days shy given the way the calendar falls between Summerslams '15/'16) with the same Barclays crowd that were there for her title win. It would give her the longest WWE title reign since... Punk? (Assuming New Day doesn't hold theirs past SS?)

This is my first NXT show and I am amazed so far. I've heard all the good things but seeing it with my own eyes I'm blown away. The presentation, the commentary, the in ring action, the personalities, the time spent to let everything breathe and develop, the crowd reactions, it's all been awesome. It's been a while since I have seen new live wrestling like this.

This is my first NXT show and I am amazed so far. I've heard all the good things but seeing it with my own eyes I'm blown away. The presentation, the commentary, the in ring action, the personalities, the time spent to let everything breathe and develop, the crowd reactions, it's all been awesome. It's been a while since I have seen new live wrestling like this.

Glad to see you aren't dead brotha.

The Revival vs. American Alpha [NXT Tag Titles]

The Revival’s heeling early was a lot of fun. Is Gable the pick of Meltzer to be the future of the company because he looks just like him? Chain transitions from Alpha were really good. I liked the variety in movesets here as you saw a Gori Special, strange off-center backdrops, a double DDT, a small package, and the Owen Hart pin. The failed Doomsday Device stood out, but only because the crowd was so on them for it. Hot Take: of late Jordan throwing dudes entertains me more than Brock throwing dudes. Best of all it felt like really smooth, fast tag work rather than a bunch of spots. The speed and fluidity of each duo working together was the highlight. JR and Beadle seated together in what I can only assume was the last stall in the Men’s Room was something, as was the Ibushi shot. Presentation and production here is so beyond RAW that it's absurd.

Glad to see you aren't dead brotha.

Me too. I spent the last 4 months of last year traveling all over the east coast, so far this year I've been a one man help desk logging over 200 calls last month alone. Taking some time off. It's nice to be able to relax and watch some wrestling.

I was really into the tag match, myself. The revival was so much fun. I'll take old tricks over big spots anyday especially when they're presented as meaning something. I thought maybe there was one too many folds on the peril segments. At one point I blinked when they were working on Dawson and I had no idea how Gable got in there. That moment where they really took control and the crowd came unglued in the middle of the match was amazing though. Magic. I wish they hadn't gone so far with the pin reversals towards the end. The first one or two were really good but they kept going with it. All in all, I had fun, though.

Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin

Aries’ initial assault was good: he looked to be laying it in, weird slap on the back off the top to the floor notwithstanding. Part of why Corbin’s being praised as a heel is that he actually wrestles like a heel: Snake Eyes, cheap shots, scramblng to recover from his opponent’s offense, talking trash at the fans and ref, nerve holds. Crowd was dead at times here, but there was a lot to like: the Deep Six on the floor, Aries taking a 9.7 count before climbing back in. This actually felt like a grudge match, which I haven’t said about anything in wrestling in a while. Corbin as one of the six or so NXT workers that Vince wants to call up to the main roster this summer?