goodhelmet

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryback vs. Kalisto [uS Title]

“Michinoku Driver?”

“...Modified.”

The extended superplex was awesome. Also: Mauro is stellar. Pulling the Bob Orton ref in that moment was so on point. Lawler heeling on Hayabusa was kind of shitty, but I assume he didn’t hear “the late” part of Ranallo’s line and that Lawler has no idea who Hayabusa is. Surprised to see Kalisto retain. Solid if totally uneventful, forgettable stuff.

Yeah, no idea why they cut to a commercial there, but it's not the first time they've done it during a pre-show match.

I'm kinda curious what Lita's "big announcement" (she said she would make it during this hour). Any chance of a return to action?

The Divas are up now and, man, with Paige, it is just so noticeable how little of a fuck she gave during their entrance. I'm not saying she should be happy to be there, but compare her to Natalya, who's actually "working the corner" and trying to get the crowd involved, and I just think Paige has gone beyond playing up her gimmick (goth snob? Generally unimpressed tough girl?) and Is now just an actual brat who let her initial success go to her head.

Yeah, no idea why they cut to a commercial there, but it's not the first time they've done it during a pre-show match.

I'm kinda curious what Lita's "big announcement" (she said she would make it during this hour). Any chance of a return to action?

The Divas are up now and, man, with Paige, it is just so noticeable how little of a fuck she gave during their entrance. I'm not saying she should be happy to be there, but compare her to Natalya, who's actually "working the corner" and trying to get the crowd involved, and I just think Paige has gone beyond playing up her gimmick (goth snob? Generally unimpressed tough girl?) and Is now just an actual brat who let her initial success go to her head.

Replacing the Divas Championship with a Women's Championship I think. So the rumours have been all week anyway, so that would make sense.

I just think Paige has gone beyond playing up her gimmick (goth snob? Generally unimpressed tough girl?) and Is now just an actual brat who let her initial success go to her head.

Her toxic attitude during Tough Enough and Total Divas didn't clue you in? Okay, I know those shows are somewhat scripted, but they have to be real enough because I don't think she'd willingly come across as such a whiny brat and emo diva.

Lana looks really awkward in the ring. Makes Eva Marie seem like Asuka. And they broke the trope of the multiwoman superplex that appears in every one of these matches by having it fail.

You can almost see the frustration from the women in this match who are actually good. They still lay their shit in when they get the chance, even though the structure of the match doesn't lend them any favors. Somehow Brie Bella is still pretty over.

Total Divas (Brie Bella/Natalya/Paige/Alicia Fox/Eva Marie) vs. Bad and Blonde (Lana/Naomi/Tamina/Emma/Summer Rae)

Emma was the MVP here with the badass Max Max look, the wheelbarrow suplex, and serving as the ring general who kept everything in check. Also liked Naomi’s kicks and Natalya’s stomp. Fox should have been in more. Even Lana was fine, with Tamina looking like the only clunky one here. I maintain that Eva Marie will be a good worker a year from now and that the crowd is wrong on her. I genuinely enjoyed this as I am a mark for 5-on-5 stuff even when it’s pretty short/elementary, and am always rooting for a good women’s division.

I concur with the sentiment that Booker is terrible, but in a way that’s familiar to me as a guy who watches NFL/NBA/MLB stuff where you need one retired player on every panel who speaks in nothing but cliches and meandering non-predictive hype.