Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 2

Grimmas

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit that I have not seen any BattlARTS stuff. Mostly because most of how it is pimped is "Man these guys are really beating the shit out of each other!" which is not something I really want out of wrestling.

Your loss. BattlArts is awesome.

Still strange that Satino Marella and Yuki Ishikawa have opened up a new Battle Arts in Toronto that nobody talks about.

I will admit that I have not seen any BattlARTS stuff. Mostly because most of how it is pimped is "Man these guys are really beating the shit out of each other!" which is not something I really want out of wrestling.

BattlARTS has some great southern style tags and junior wrestling aswell as plain shootstyle.

Your loss. BattlArts is awesome.

If you aren't a stiffness mark, I do still think there's lots to love about BattlARTS. For me, it was the way they blended so many styles under one roof.

Super Astro adds to my fallen soldiers count. One of the best flyers I've ever seen.

EDIT: Dang and Killer Khan too. I love that Dean rated him as high as 10. Khan DOES rule so I am perfectly ok with that.

BattlARTS has some great southern style tags and junior wrestling aswell as plain shootstyle.

This. I think someone like Otsuka might be easier for you to appreciate inititally because he's comfortable working a very pro style match but will throw out olympic style grappling, weird lucha submissions, and All Japan suplexes when he's on offense. I think he's probably the most "hybrid" Battlarts guy.

Koshinaka ended up being a tough cut for me. Love him a lot but no way is he as good as guys like Black Terry, Super Astro and Lizmark and others I had to make room for. I don't even know how many of my guys have already showed up. Like.......half my list? Ok not. Maybe a quarter.

Killer Khan's "average" performance may not be that good but he his great matches are so great I just couldn't leave him off. The Gordy match, the crazy underdog babyface performance against Andre, the match with Choshu are all REALLY high end matches.

Then there is stuff like the Chris Adams match from the Mid-South set that I thought was pretty good and some stuff with the Road Warriors that I happened to randomly see from All Japan that wasn't that great in the ring but had such an awesome aura of "Holy shit it's Killer Khan against The Roadies!" that the crowd was totally crazy for.

I hate that Adrian Street wasn't closer to the top 100. I legitimately think he belonged. Maybe if he came along 10-15 years later he could have made a bigger impact.

Street is a bit of a footage thing for me. I nominated him but I just don't think we have enough. I mean, I get that you know what you're getting pretty easily, but I just wanted more.

I hate that Adrian Street wasn't closer to the top 100. I legitimately think he belonged. Maybe if he came along 10-15 years later he could have made a bigger impact.

Street is a bit of a footage thing for me. I nominated him but I just don't think we have enough. I mean, I get that you know what you're getting pretty easily, but I just wanted more.

That's just because you refuse to watch Continental. Terrible.

I've been watching some Continental lately actually, but it's for someone else.

Steven, you definitely ranked Khan because I got to make my Tejano Khan joke during the podcast

Awesome, I would had been sad otherwise. Those facial expressions get you into a top 100 by themselves.

So that's two: Killer Khan & John Tenta.

I've been watching some Continental lately actually, but it's for someone else.

Watching for promos from The Flame is a good reason, I would accept that. Otherwise:

ZO9he2.gif

I'm pretty sure I voted for Killer Khan, can't remember. So that's two.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who doesn't remember their ballot.

Lots of people down on ole Hitman in here. Don't understand that personally but what will be will be. The best that ever be.

Fat guys are not getting their due this round with Tenta, OMG and Yoko all going out. Clearly a style bias against fat guys by the lucha libre contingent. Sorry they didn't have on masks! GOSH!

Excuse you but lucha fans also appreciate fat guys, why do you think Super Porky hasn't come up yet? Blame the people who voted for a really over rated fat guy like Bam Bam Bigelow instead of one of the good ones.