Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 3

Grimmas

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Kevin Owens

I guess the point is that looking like an athlete doesn't really matter when it comes to pro wrestling so much as being able to stand out and make waves. Owens look is more of a positive than a negative

Kevin Owens doesn't have to look like an athlete - there is more to a good look in wrestling than muscles and physique and a pretty face. Many ECW workers didn't have a good body and yet still looked the part.

Everything about Owens' presentation is horrible, not just his body but his clothes, his facial hair, his expressions, the way he moves. He doesn't look like a real wrestler or work like a real wrestler. He literally would not look out of place in a backyard wrestling video, and not in a good way.

From the last thread ... in response to Goodear

I'm not asking for him to get shredded, but trimming the beard and losing enough weight so he doesn't have to wear a cut off t-shirt to the ring would be nice. I mean Chris Hero got fired for less.

With all this being said, Steen has an incredibly beautiful wife, so what the fuck do I know?

And there we go. Not quite the third murderer of the list, although he did kill someone, kind off. I would have thought his days with his little family promotion would have helped him more than this, Sasaki is one of the most positive story is that black hole that is 00's wrestling in Japan. Tons of really good matches during that decade. I kinda wish I followed this stuff more closely, he probably would have snuck in.

And before the inevitable bashing, ok Nagata was goofy, but he was also a really good worker that held the torch high at the worst time possible. Completely fucked over by Inoki's senile MMA obsession. I didn't vote for him, but he's better than some who actually made my list. Blame my lack of consistency and serious post 2002 puro watching.

A moment of silence for my favourite solider falling.

We can be like two emos crying into our limp wrists together.

Emo2.jpg

Also, your months of propaganda managed to get fucking Bossman ranked above legit best-ever-offensive-guy, best-ever-random-tag-guy, best-ever-olympic-guy Yatsu. So well done.

EDIT: Yatsu was my 9th solider. I'm sad he's gone so early.

A moment of silence for my favourite solider falling.

We can be like two emos crying into our limp wrists together.

Emo2.jpg

Also, your months of propaganda managed to get fucking Bossman ranked above legit best-ever-offensive-guy, best-ever-random-tag-guy, best-ever-olympic-guy Yatsu. So well done.

EDIT: Yatsu was my 9th solider. I'm sad he's gone so early.

Is it propaganda when it's true?

I'm kind of interested in how Navarro got so many votes last time. It must have been because of the IWRG Dandy stuff and maybe the indie Misioneros stuff.

I was the high voter on Emilio in 2006 (#48). I don't think his singles stuff stacks up as well as Casas, Satanico or Santo. He has some nice singles stuff but he also has a lot of bouts that are too short, too slight, and disappointing given the talent involved.

MS-1 was my #4 in 2006. I had gotten a bunch of '89 lucha and marveled at how he worked with tecnicos. I remember thinking he was like the Jumbo Tsuruta of lucha. Obviously he's not the fourth greatest wrestler to me anymore, but I do think he's somewhat underrated. Most of his non-Sangre Chicana stuff is overlooked. Even the Infernales stuff.