• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 KrisZ

KrisZ
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 9864 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:55 PM

rave.jpg

The Premier Podcast Brand (Kris Zellner & Dylan Hales) are here to discuss 100-51 on their Greatest Wrestler Ever list on the Pro Wrestling Only Message Board on prowrestlingonly.com

We discuss some of our personal favorites plus debate the placements on each others list as well as the reasoning why we left off vertain people. We have quite the wide variety of picks here and is a nice appetizer to the main event that will be our next show.

http://placetobenati...er-ever-100-51/

#2 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10162 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

AKA "No Bixes Allowed."

#3 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11316 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:09 PM

Oh for fuck's sake, it's 4am, I was just getting to sleep, and now the pull ... Oh my god the pull ...

Will I end up driving to McDonalds soon listening and then keep going after I come back till I pass out?

Temptation is huge right now.

#4 KrisZ

KrisZ
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 9864 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:10 PM

Without Bix this show wouldn't have been up.

#5 KrisZ

KrisZ
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 9864 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:10 PM

Oh for fuck's sake, it's 4am, I was just getting to sleep, and now the pull ... Oh my god the pull ...

Will I end up driving to McDonalds soon listening and then keep going after I come back till I pass out?

Temptation is huge right now.

It's a long one......

#6 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10162 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:11 PM

I'm still on the BTS with Piper's face on my commute and listening to the 9 hour Loss/Childscast at work. This will be great when I get to it though!

#7 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1286 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:20 PM

#8 Eegah

Eegah
  • Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

Starting it tonight. Fired up.

#9 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4453 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:53 PM

"Premier Podcast Brand" ?

I like " The Two Guys Kelly Beat On Brainbuster Show." 🦄

#10 Magnum Milano

Magnum Milano
  • Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:20 AM

I've not bothered with any of the GWE podcasts so far, but these are two voices that I enjoy listening to and always find myself learning plenty from.  It's downloading as we speak and look forward to making a start on it later.

#11 Parties

Parties
  • Members
  • 1130 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

Listened to this yesterday and thought it was not only tremendous as a show, but that it actually enhanced my experience of the project. In laying out the various reasons for why people are/aren't on their lists, there's this very cool vibe of empathy through the whole thing wherein you get a sense of "favorites" who don't make the cut, why some are personal picks, others are on thanks to a shorter run, others for consistency, others still for their great ability to play their character/role. It kind of put into perspective that my own list contains a mix of different people for very different reasons, rather than holding all to the same standards.

Strong recommendation that people check this out, along with the excellent Charles/Childs and the Grimmas/Tim shows (those being the only other ones I've had a chance to hear yet).

#12 Zero

Zero

World's Strongest

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

Just got through this monster. I really agree with what Dylan was saying about Savage. 

#13 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4392 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

Those five hours felt like a breeze compared to Charles and I going Broadway. Seriously though, I enjoyed the show greatly. Your bottom 50s were both chock full of wrestlers I wished I could've voted for, and a lot of the discussions of individual guys echoed our conversations about the same workers. Hoping part 2 drops this week.

#14 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5073 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

About halfway through this and really enjoying it.  Even though counting down your top 100 wrestlers, I like that there's talk about a given worker's strengths and weaknesses as it makes for a much more nuanced discussion. 

#15 KrisZ

KrisZ
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 9864 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

Recorded Part 2 today and it went over 8 1/2 HOURS

#16 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5073 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

Christ, you know some of us have limited vacation days right? 

#17 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10164 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:20 PM

I'm actually shocked by how fired up I still was by the time we got to the end of the show.  I admit that there was probably a bit more of the combative "old" Dylan on this show than on episode one, but it largely came through when I was talking up certain guys.  

Thanks everyone for listening to Part 1 and I hope you continue the LONG journey with us through part 2. 

#18 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5073 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:56 PM

Ha you brought it up so I'll comment -- absolutely noticed and much preferred the less combative approach thus far on part 1.  Don't always have to discuss rasslin with your dukes up!

#19 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10164 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

I specifically mention it here because I could hear your criticisms from the future :)

My combativeness was really in the form of advocacy.  I don't think there was anyone who I didn't praise.  That said when you get to some guys you controversially have higher than most or lower than most in order to make the arguments you kind of have to address the other arguments.  I don't think I was unfair to anyone though, and was probably TOO fair in at least one case :)

#20 overbooked

overbooked
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:46 AM

Recorded Part 2 today and it went over 8 1/2 HOURS

Concerned by this podcasting arms race. It is only a matter of time before one of you guys decides to just 24 hour live stream your life.

All of these are shows are great listening though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users