Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-04-08-Sendai Girls] Meiko Satomura vs Aja Kong

donsem43

While these two have been going at each other for almost 18 years, this is actually the first singles match that they have had since 2012. There is no way to describe this match other than an outright slugfest. Both of them just start clubbing away at on another and it lasts pretty much the entire match. Aja is just in no-bullshit mode here, just dishing out a straight forward asskicking. Meiko's selling is pretty good, as she picks some good moments to attempt comebacks. The match may seem short, but it works in the sense that they come out of the gate so hard it wouldn't too long. Just great stuff as you would expect from these two. ****1/4

Surely a staredown of the year contender, and a good match that ends at the perfect time. What thew me off was the extended outside beatdown, which had its moments, only for it to feel meaningless about a minute after they got back in the ring. Didn't really feel it hit MOTY level as some people elsewhere are suggesting.

Is this available anywhere other than DM? For some reason that site is constantly six kinds of slow. Just unwatchable.

I have the same problem. Its worth your while to get JDownloader or a similar program, as it works for pretty much everything but youtube (at the moment). For youtube videos that I think aren't going to last I use keepvid or clipconverter. I have similar issues with rutube, and its the same remedy.

Gosh it's been like what, 6 years since they last met? Satomura has mostly been putting skinny young girls over, so her fighting a bigger, threatening opponent was nice and refreshing here. Aja is looks fatter and slower, but ain't bad at all here, as she came across as a lumbering menace. All of Satomura's basic holds and attacks to soften up Aja ruled, really she may have the sharpest offense in the world, and when they trade blows, they are just killing eachother. Also has a few nifty spots and Aja's signature selling to keep you interested. Could have done without the wandering crowd brawls and the slightly over the top finishing run, but their selling is so good I'll forgive it no problem. Also, I love Meiko busting out the Scorpio Rising.

These two have been feuding since 1998, but this is their first singles match against each other since 2012. One of my favorite match ups in wrestling history. Aja is maybe the greatest monster wrestler ever, she has slowed down a bit but still will beat you silly, Meiko has great looking chop down offense, she was landing some great kicks, and even doing some cool kicks and stomps to Aja's instep. Kong lays a sick beating here, including braining Meiko with chairs and a metal door, punching her in the face and dropping her on her head, and Meiko kept finding ways to land her own shots. I thought it may have gone a bit overboard in the end, including some goofus no selling, but man overall this was a hell of a war. Loved to see this revisited, now we just need another Ishikawa v. Ikeda match

• 4 weeks later...

Great match. My favourite bit was probably the way Satomura used kicks early on to establish her pace and to cut off Aja even while they were testing each other out and chain wrestling. The missed ringpost strike may be my least favourite commonly used modern puro transition but they did a great job of implementing Aja's weaknesses into the strike exchange that followed it and did well whenever they would reference it later on in the match. Aja seems to have slowed down but Satomura had no problem working around that and did an excellent job feeding Aja transitions. Awesome counters like Aja kicking Meiko away were used as huge transitions as they should and they provided the bomb throwing you'd want them to. I could do without crowd brawling but I think the wide angle Samurai TV cameras use may also play a part in that and the ringside brawling was awesome with Aja just demolishing Satomura, throwing her into chairs like this were a luchas de apuestas match. Scorpio Rising is a cool move but to me it wasn't just about Meiko using it as much as it was her using all the variations of it she did (the corner one looked especially badass) out of desperation. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2016-04-08-Sendai Girls] Meiko Satomura vs Aja Kong