Pro Wrestling Only

Who are the Top 10 CHOPPERS of all time?

JerryvonKramer

In a completely different direction, I always loved the Great Khali throwing the Chop of Doom at people's heads. Totally, irrationally loved it. Every single time. If he came out on Raw today and started Chop o' Dooming folk I'd be so happy.

...yes, that is my contribution to this thread.

That chop was always one that just made me laugh, especially with the posing and the Punjab yell.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always surprised when Khali gets praised haha. People used to loathe him back in the day. I still maintain that giving him a token world title run was a good business move. His title win was reported on all the "pulpy" news channels here, he became a hugely recognisable star, and now India is WWE's 3rd biggest market. Really, I am surprised they are not trying to recruit more people from here. I guess the fact that Khali was an aberration in the sense that most Indians are smaller than Americans plays a part here, given Vince's love for huge men.

Wahoo McDaniel in his heyday when he would begin his fired up babyface comeback with the war dance working the crowd into a frenzy and begin throwing every type of chop imaginable to the chest and head.

Ric Flair for the reasons that were outlined by JerryvonKramer. Can't be explained any better really.

Ron Garvin for the real damage it inflicted.

In January 2006, Schneider, TomK, and I were watching a pretty good night of wrestling. Bix had just found the Lawler/Dundee 1977 Hair match on Steve Friedlander's list. We watched that, Kobashi/Joe from ROH, and Barnett/Frank Shamrock from the 2005 one night only U-Style revival. We are watching Kobashi/Joe, which I had already seen and loved. They get to the Kobashi chop battle and both start laughing and Tom starts talking about how Kobashi chops, especially in NOAH in the 2000's, is basically a comedy spot. I hadn't looked at it like that, but there was a lot of truth to that.

Kenta Kobashi, comedy worker.