Pro Wrestling Only

Premier Podcast Brand #2 - PWO'S Greatest Wrestler Ever 50-1

I actually think ranking all 4 outside of the top 15 does sort of come off as anti-AJPW relatively. I think it's going to be a fairly unique rating for someone ranking them to not have at least one in the top ten.

I had my first one at #12 and I think you know me well enough to know I am hardly anti-All Japan

These have been terrific. I figure I'm getting close to the 4 Pillars talk, but I definitely popped at Dylan's ratings for them because mine are pretty similar other than Akiyama.

I had the All Japan Crew rated like this:

Baba - 39

Taue - 36

Kobashi - 35

Misawa - 20

Kawada - 18

Jumbo -16

I don't have the same hatred of Jumbo, but I'm not the fan I once was. I rated 7 Japanese wrestlers ahead of him.

I haven't read the All Japan Self-Conscious Epic thread yet, but I'm looking forward to it because it was an idea I had watching All Japan 90s tags. Rewatching stuff for this project, the big All Japan guys (except Baba) were the hardest to re-watch. Even as early as 1993 there were times where it felt like they were going completely overboard.

edit:

I had Akiyama at 50 but that is with relatively limited post 2000s viewing and I know a lot of what pushes him to that top tier level for most people is the post 2000 stuff.

It's funny when I get to Fujiwara and Dylan references the old, tired taking point about his defensive positioning. When I got to talking about Fujiwara on the podcast with Matt I had no idea such a talking point existed, I was just thinking of things to say about him and remembered noticing how he moved around the ring. Now it turns out it was the same thing everyone else noticed. Not that I imagined that I had hit upon some brand new idea, but I just think it's interesting that his defense is so striking that even I can identify it, and I know shit about shoot style.

I actually think ranking all 4 outside of the top 15 does sort of come off as anti-AJPW relatively. I think it's going to be a fairly unique rating for someone ranking them to not have at least one in the top ten.

I had my first one at #12 and I think you know me well enough to know I am hardly anti-All Japan

I have the Four Pillars at 17,34,35 & 67.

I wish I had more time to write responses to this podcast. I just want to take credit for starting the Kawada as the Ultimate Choke Artist/Best Loser talking point. :) I am up to the Top 5 and this is top shelf stuff.

Also, I had Kobashi at #1 and Michaels at #14 with a spirited defense of Michaels. So I am consistent. :D