Pro Wrestling Only

[1984-05-14-CWA-Mid South Coliseum] Tommy Rich & Eddie Gilbert vs PYT Express (Norvell Austin & Koko Ware) (Falls Count Anywhere)

Superstar Sleeze

Southern Tag Team Champions Tommy Rich & Eddie Gilbert vs PYT Express - Memphis 5/18/84 Falls Count Anywhere

Now this is more like it! Super heated brawl! There is really not much to recap. For about 12 minutes, it is a balls to wall slugfest. With all due respect to Norvell and Rich, Gilbert and Koko (or should I say Stagger Lee as the announcer keeps calling him) owned this. Gilbert was a heat seeking missile for Pretty Young Things just tackling them at every turn. A Koko Ware vs. Eddie Gilbert from 1984 is a new dream match for me. Holy shit! They had insane chemistry. I loved Koko breaking a cane over Gilbert's back and then jabbing him in the throat. In fairness, Rich was a tremendous hot tag. Actually good arena brawling! Oh ECW why could you not be more like Mempho! They end up on a stage in the back of arena and Rich slugs the ref triggering a DQ. I actually booed in my chair in 2016. I was pissed! What a lame finish! It is falls count anywhere! Let there be a winner! Super fun, This is what I expected out of Memphis! ****1/4

• 2 years later...

Totally underrated this...just rewatched this was incredible. So much energy and hate. Amazing brawling. Loved the heat segment on Gilbert and the roll through to Rich for the hot Tag. Best arena brawling you will ever see. The non-finish especially in a Fall Count Anywhere is a real buzzkill, but this ruled! ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1984-05-14-CWA-Mid South Coliseum] Tommy Rich & Eddie Gilbert vs PYT Express (Norvell Austin & Koko Ware) (Falls Count Anywhere)