• 3173 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

I NEED to see Butch Reed vs Crusher Blackwell

#44 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18952 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

We are going to enlist Zellner and do a DVDVR pod in the summer about the history of DVDVR. Been wanting to do one for years. Now we have the people on board.

#45 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1328 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

GASP! Oh MY GAWD

#46 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10173 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:42 AM

Loved all three of these shows.  I hear rumor more may be coming

#47 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

High five to Phil Schneider for having the exact same Top 2 as me. 

#48 cubbymark

cubbymark
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

Will, any word on when you're going to re-record or post the GWE with El Boricua talking Puerto Rico? I'm really looking forward to it.

#49 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10173 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:34 AM

DEAN is probably right about Ray Gonzalez who I considered, but didn't vote for.  I kind of wish I had in hindsight.  A really long time as a good worker.  Biggest knock on him is that I'm not sure I ever thought he was next level great, but if you pressed me right this moment I'm not sure I could leave him off if I had a re-do.

#50 Cross Face Chicken Wing

Cross Face Chicken Wing
  • Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

Alright I'm in the hospital for round 7 of chemo treatment and am firing up the Hales Bros. pod!

#51 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18952 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

Will, any word on when you're going to re-record or post the GWE with El Boricua talking Puerto Rico? I'm really looking forward to it.

I have to check with all parties involved first. It may be after the list is out. 

Alright I'm in the hospital for round 7 of chemo treatment and am firing up the Hales Bros. pod!

You should enjoy it brother! Keep that energy up for the DVDVR show after. 

#52 jamesie_2015

jamesie_2015
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

These are great. Finished up the Mando and Elliot show today.

#53 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

Been slowly getting through all of these and they've been totally awesome. Will is so great with his reactions to all the wacky ass picks, from "Rip Ro-really? Rip Rogers? THAT Rip Rogers??" to "B-Boy?? Yeah we're gonna have to talk about that..." to "Jerry The King Lawler, WAY too fuckin' low but whatever", Not hiding his incredulity and burying guys and picks but in a fun way, and allowing guys to explain themselves. It makes me laugh to think of what Will would have made of my list.

For the guy with undoubtedly the wackiest ballot ever, Mando>Eddie comes off as so completely sane and rational. Loved hearing all of his cases.

The sprint format is also a nice change to all of the long, hard slogs, and I include myself in that. Really glad you did these.

#54 ElHijodeGorgeousGeorge

ElHijodeGorgeousGeorge
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:07 PM

Been slowly getting through all of these and they've been totally awesome. Will is so great with his reactions to all the wacky ass picks, from "Rip Ro-really? Rip Rogers? THAT Rip Rogers??" to "B-Boy?? Yeah we're gonna have to talk about that..." to "Jerry The King Lawler, WAY too fuckin' low but whatever", Not hiding his incredulity and burying guys and picks but in a fun way, and allowing guys to explain themselves. It makes me laugh to think of what Will would have made of my list.

For the guy with undoubtedly the wackiest ballot ever, Mando>Eddie comes off as so completely sane and rational. Loved hearing all of his cases.

The sprint format is also a nice change to all of the long, hard slogs, and I include myself in that. Really glad you did these.

At the end of the day, we're all equally nuts and rational. That's just the joy of wrestling I feel and I agree, these shows are ace. Also, this DVDR History pod has me so pumped.

#55 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18952 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

We're going to have Brian (Mando) on for a reaction show in the future. I am glad you guys are enjoying these shows. 

#56 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4441 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:38 PM

At the end of the day, we're all equally nuts and rational. That's just the joy of wrestling I feel and I agree, these shows are ace. Also, this DVDR History pod has me so pumped.

I do not agree that DEAN is equally rational :)

#57 Mando

Mando
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

Glad people are digging the shows. What a wild ride GWE has been.

#58 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1399 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:55 AM

Anyone know where I can see the Top 200 Nitro matches list, as mentioned by either Elliott or Mando>Eddie?

#59 Judy Bagwell

Judy Bagwell
  • Banned
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Going over and keeping my heat

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

I didnt give a fuck about any of the lists but Dean was audio gold

#60 Mando

Mando
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

Anyone know where I can see the Top 200 Nitro matches list, as mentioned by either Elliott or Mando>Eddie?

Hey! Here's a list of the TV marathoning/ranking projects my buddies and I did. The Nitro #200 project is on there in 5 chunks. Each chunk of the list has a corresponding YouTube video attached where myself and the 3 other guys on the committee discuss the matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users