Pro Wrestling Only

Is ranking wrestlers political?

Loss

So what should we call this new folder? I'm looking for a play on words that also at least makes vaguely clear what the purpose of the folder is. I'm not happy with any of my ideas so far:

- Dumber Slam

- Wonk If You Love Wrestling (I could tolerate this one, but I don't love it)

And one so bad that I hate to even share it, but I *must*. I'm proud of its horror:

- Council on Gore and Relations

Anyway, I'm opening up suggestions. As soon as we can get a name, we can start the folder.

What is Discussed in this Folder is Making Verne Gagne Turn in his Grave

I certainly hope it does, or else I think we'll be doing it wrong :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll propose a different argument to a list like this. Instead of American Imperalism which I feel is more than unfair for this argument.

What about the effect media has had on wrestling greatness perception?

Have people like Dave Meltzer influenced and molded are preferences? I think we can all say there has been a time where we heard about a match from Melty and sought it out and were compelled in some way shape or form to either continue finding more matches of the same type or branch out.

Also find it fascinating that some manifestations have spawned from irrational thought like chanting "you can't wrestle" at WWE wrestlers who in fact can wrestle but cheering for japanese/ indie talents that are arguably less impressive.

Perhaps we call this Meltzer Imperialism?