Pro Wrestling Only

[1986-01-27-WCCW-Fort Worth, TX] Chris Adams vs Gino Hernandez (Hair vs Hair)

Chris Adams vs Gino Hernandez - WCCW 1/27/86

This was billed as hair vs hair, which I thought was odd given they just broke up a month ago. It turned out it was an angle, but it was an angle that went nowhere as Gino died five days later. Still it was a fantastic angle. Gino had the infamous Freebird hair cream. I loved Adams intensity early and Hernandez bumping for him. Adams missed a middle rope splash. Gino actually worked pretty strong on top. I feel like I got to see more Gino as a great heel in this match than in the tags. Gino missed a Tenryu elbow. I liked the symmetry. SUPERKICK~! Posts Gino a couple times, but he wants to dish out more punishment like a piledriver, but he isn't done. That arrogance gets the best of him as Gino tosses the Freebird Hair Cream into Adams' eyes. Always a classic angle. Adams writhes in pain drawing DQ. Could have been a huge angle. Too bad. RIP Gino. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1986-01-27-WCCW-Fort Worth, TX] Chris Adams vs Gino Hernandez (Hair vs Hair)