Pro Wrestling Only

Moves you really like

Gutenberger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A well executed DDT always has me excited. But only the "plant face on the mat" variant, I don't like the ones where they roll over. I think it just looks weak.

Yeah, the best way to sell a DDT is that your head hits and you just kind of go limp. All the flip overs, implants, and anything else takes away from the impact of the move. I'd prefer if the guy had to struggle to roll the victim's lifeless body over to pin them.
It depends to me. Selling it like death when it's being used as a transition move is silly, and I think it helps differentiate the DDT from a normal move and a (potential) finish based solely on how it's sold. There was a while where anybody taking the Evenflow would do the "face plant -> DEAD" sell that helped separate it from other DDTs on the same show, not unlike how Rhino was able to get the piledriver over as a believable finish in an era where it was as common as a lock up by merely doing it that much better.

A DDT shouldn't be a transitional move, but that is a whole different conversation.

Pretty much every Midnight Express finisher. Veg-o-Matic > Double Goozle > Gravedigger > Rocket Launcher > Flapjack.

This is probably a ridiculous request, but can you describe those? I've watched plenty of Midnight Express, but other than the Rocket Launcher and Flapjack I don't think I can name any of their finishers.

Veg-o-matic was Stan grabbing a guy in a bearhug and leaning over so Bobby could hit him with the Alabama Jam. Too Cool used it a couple of times.

The Double Goozle was a chop block from Lane hitting at the same time as a Bobby would land a Barry Windham-esque lariat.

Don't know the Grave Digger.

Grave Digger is Bobby sitting on the top rope, Lane lifting the guy up to him, and Bobby doing what was essentially a top rope spinebuster.