Photo

Minoru Suzuki vs Alexander Otsuka (NJPW Nexess VI 05/14/05)

Minoru Suzuki Alexander Otsuka 2005 NJPW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

Awesome match and one of the best sub-5 minutes matches I've seen. The grappling at the beginning is insanely amazing and the rest of the bout is great too. *** 3/4

#2 GOTNW

GOTNW

save all japan pro wrestling

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

Gave this a rewatch, the opening amateur wrestling sequence was insane but the rest of the match didn't really live up to my memory of it being a possible best <5 minute match candidate. The intensity of Suzuki's offence unfortunately didn't match Otsuka's selling, it's not that it was bad or even mediocre but Otsuka was really going out of his way to make Suzuki look as good as humanly possible. Otsuka's German Suplexes during his brief comeback overshadowed Suzuki's knees and slaps, just beautiful technique on his part. The Bow And Arrow into a Sleeper was a badass transition, really something that you believe could catch a wrestler off guard and set up a finish. ***1/4

#3 shodate

shodate

Anarchist of PWO

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

One of the Bright Points  of a  Dark time in New japan   i love this match   while one of the top  100 of the decade personally it was  high Quilty   ****1/4

#4 superkix

superkix
  • Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

The super slick mat scramble to open was easily the best part of the match in my opinion but it was still fun. Otsuka makes the mistakeof running Minoru's intricately shaved head, pissing off Minoru, who lands a few good knees. Otsuka's deadlift Germans will never not be good, you get a little slap exchange, and finally the dope bow-and-arrow hold into the sleeper to wear Otsuka down for the Gotch-style piledriver. Good selling as always from Otsuka but I agree, Minoru could've added a little more intensity to his offense. Still a pretty great sub-five minute match. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minoru Suzuki, Alexander Otsuka, 2005, NJPW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users