Photo

Netflix creating a comedy series based on G.L.O.W.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 cowboy hats

cowboy hats
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

Maron's podcast with (separate) interviews of Chavo and Kong went up yesterday

#62 Shrike02

Shrike02
  • Members
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Life, the universe, and everything.

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

In the fifth (I think) episode they go see a wrestling show and meet Alex Riley. Is that building the one PWG runs in? Looked like it.

Just watched episode 5. By far the best one so far. Show is really entertaining.

#63 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

In the fifth (I think) episode they go see a wrestling show and meet Alex Riley. Is that building the one PWG runs in? Looked like it.

PWG only runs in one building now and yeah that was it. That building also appeared in the 2nd last episode of Mad Men.

#64 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1399 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

PWG only runs in one building now and yeah that was it. That building also appeared in the 2nd last episode of Mad Men.

Huh? I watched Mad Men - remind me of the scene.

#65 El McKell

El McKell

Actually The Worst

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

When Don left New York and is the middle of nowhere he goes to some fundraiser with war veterans in the PWG building. 

#66 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1399 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:07 AM

Ah yes - thanks.

#67 Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Started watching it and am through six episodes.  Really enjoy it, hope for a season 2. 

#68 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10431 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

Funny that someone suggested an injury angle for next season when one of the memories I have of GLOW was one of the cheerleader girls dislocating her elbow on a rollup and them showing it multiple times, Joe Theismann style. 

#69 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

A 10 episode secon deason has been confirmed. I'm so happy about this!

#70 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7900 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

A 10 episode secon deason has been confirmed. I'm so happy about this!

Me too, I thought it was a great show. Plus it was nice to watch something wrestling with my wife and having her really like it. That only happens with Bayley in NXT.

#71 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3825 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

How long until the second season though? If it's like the other Netflix shows, like Daredevil, Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, etc. it's gonna be a year minimum. That's a long ass time to wait.

#72 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

Just finished the first season. Thought it was really good and quite relevant to the state of pro wrestling today.

#73 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2618 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

How long until the second season though? If it's like the other Netflix shows, like Daredevil, Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, etc. it's gonna be a year minimum. That's a long ass time to wait.

I'm used to waiting a year on stuff but Netflix has been dragging a bit behind which is worrisome. House of Cards usually loads up in February/March but this year it didn't come until the last day of May. (I noticed this with Homeland too, but I think it was made clear it would happen in those cases, because the election had caused such a stir in the waters that they needed the extra time to integrate elements of it into their shows as much as possible)

Worst of all is BoJack Horseman's new season will come next month, after dropping in July next year. I have a picky sense of humor and need desperately something to laugh at.

#74 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

I've finally watched the first episode. At the 20 minutes point, I was in love with this stuff already. The pro-wrestling casting had me rolling. Amazing Kong ! Marking out. And in quite an odd way, it's exactly the kind of thing that makes me happy of having been a wrestling fan for the last 25 years, because it's I know I'm getting more out of this than non-fans. Can't wait to binge-watch the next episodes.

#75 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

Well I'm at half-season. How crazy is that that those women writing and producing the show get pro-wrestling better than the current generation of McMahons and their shitty "Hollywood writers" ? I'm totally loving this. Maron is a riot.

#76 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

Brie's Soviet Russia shtick is supreme.

So fucking great.

#77 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4492 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

You should check out the episodes of Marons podcast where he talks to some of the stars, Chavo jr and Kia, and the creators. The women who created this didnt know anything about wrestling going in, and then listened to the wrestlers working on it as to what was the correct portrayal of wrestling. And then they all fell in love with it, Maron included.

#78 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

You should check out the episodes of Marons podcast where he talks to some of the stars, Chavo jr and Kia, and the creators. The women who created this didnt know anything about wrestling going in, and then listened to the wrestlers working on it as to what was the correct portrayal of wrestling. And then they all fell in love with it, Maron included.

Yeah, I kinda guessed it was the case. Thanks, I will sure check these podcasts out as soon as I'm done.

Interesting that the two programs involving pro-wrestling I have truly loved these last few years have been LU and GLOW, both of which had involvement by Chavo Jr.

#79 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Ep 7 has me dying with the Klan gag and She-Wolf only knowing out to play Exodus ! Only to have an actually great apex at the end with the real Exodus theme. And episode dedicated to Chavo Sr. ? How classy is that. This show is the greatest pro-wrestling fiction I've seen (The Wrestler was great, but really a downer too).

#80 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:29 PM

"The money's in the chase". Yeah, I marked out.

It was too short though, I wanted at least three more episodes ! Can't wait for season 2. Loved it loved it loved it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users