Pro Wrestling Only

Netflix creating a comedy series based on G.L.O.W.

goc

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/4/2018 at 8:05 PM, C.S. said:

Another great interview here with Kia Stevens on GLOW, her hair on the show, the origins of the Kong name, her mother's experience as an actor, and more.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/7/3/17527216/kia-stevens-glow-season-two

I love how Nakamura pops up in the weirdest places in wrestling history. 

Also she's giving him a lot of credit for assuming he wouldn't know the connotations of calling a black person "Kong" just because he's from Japan when that's the country that made Bob Sapp famous pretty much just for being a large black guy.

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also she's giving him a lot of credit for assuming he wouldn't know the connotations of calling a black person "Kong" just because he's from Japan when that's the country that made Bob Sapp famous pretty much just for being a large black guy.

To be fair, I'd imagine in Japan, King Kong is mainly known as a monster, not an ape. Which was always my problem with "Kong ". From an American perspective it always came off racist. For me it was 50/ 50, half racist shit I hate and half me loving her being named after the greatest of all monsters.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 10:19 PM, sek69 said:

Her story has changed then because the one she always used to tell was that AJW gave her the name because they wanted her to be their new Aja Kong character and she said she was nervous about bumping into Aja in Japan due to not wanting to think she was stealing her gimmick. Apparently when they met Aja was a sweetheart and it was never an issue and they later became Double Kong as a team.

• 2 months later...

Finally dove into S2 and :

On 7/6/2018 at 5:56 AM, Johnny Sorrow said:

Episode 7, the hospital one,is the best half hour of pro wrestling in forever. 

Hell yeah. Awesome episode. S2 has been even better than S1 thus far. And we're getting a S3 !

Kia Stevens was terrific in "her" episode too, hopefully she pops up in other good TV shows or movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...