Pro Wrestling Only

[1985-11-29-Houston Wrestling] Jake Roberts vs Lord Humongous (Steel Cage)

shoe

This ruled.The crowd is hot right off the bat. I loved how to counter act Humongous Jake had his own hockey match. Loved Jake attacking Humperdink pre match before Humongous to get in the match. The early portion we get a Jake shine. This is short lived though. Humongous just decimates him. He tears off his hockey mask and destroys Jake with the cage. This all ultra violent stuff with Jake bleeding big time. Humongous uses all the weapons at his disposal and is a great monster. Jake attempts a comeback by using his boot and delivers a DDT. Humongous kicks out of the DDT! Then we see him do the Undertaker sit up 6 years before him. Humongous beats on him some more till Champion throws a chair into the ring. This allows Jake to DDT Humongous onto the chair and steal the win. This match had great crowd heat, told a story, and match psychology . 3 3/4*

• 1 year later...

Man, this was a ton of fun! I'm with you... the crowd was super hot, and I loved the silence of the crowd when LH kicks out of the first DDT. It's the mask, but then we get that killer DDT on the chair and the crowd goes nuts. It's almost like your Hogan vs. the monster type match, but it's Jake the Snake in a cage with blood in Mid-South. I loved it.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1985-11-29-Houston Wrestling] Jake Roberts vs Lord Humongous (Steel Cage)