Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-03-WWF-Raw] Jeff Hardy vs Al Snow (Cage)

GOTNW

And this is the first match I've come across during my Jeff Hardy reevaluation that sucks. I had no idea I had an opinion on Al Snow but apparently I do and it's that he's the shits and that he couldn't work himself out of a shoot. His control segments were soooooo dull and uninteresting, you have Jeff Hardy bumping for you and you can't take advantage of it, what the hell man? Booking of this was bizarre and creepy, the worst of the late WCW/TNA gimmick matches complete with the implied rape or violence against women. Bad, bad, go away Al Snow.

• 7 months later...

Starting off my PWO2K participation with this random affair.

I have no memory of Al Snow's music at this time. Al Snow nearly kills Jeff with a weird cutter/slam on Jeff from the top of the cage.

Agree with GOTNW, Snow's control segments are sleep inducing. Terri Runnels was in the cage throughout this match, just because. Crowd dead throughout this. *3/4

• 1 month later...

Terri is accompanying the Hardyz and she’s such a bad fit for them. Snow with his tribute to Dallas ’82 and he slams the cage door on Jeff. He pulls him from the cage and clobbers him in the back with a chair before throwing him back in. For some reason he grabs hold of Terri and shoves her in there too, and then padlocks the cage shut. Snow ties Hardy’s leg up in the steel chair, but Terri is quickly over to rake him in the back to prevent him from doing any damage. Snow stalks her down and Matt starts to climb the cage from the outside. Al however cracks the cage with the chair, catching his fingers and he falls back down. Jeff climbs up the cage to try and escape, but Snow catches him and executes something resembling an RKO. Snow with some chair shots to the gut and he then rams Jeff head first into the cage. He picks Hardy up and puts him over his shoulder ready to ram him into the cage again, but Jeff slips down his back and sends him careering into the cage instead. He then uses a prone Snow as a springboard to shoot up the cage, flip over the top and down to the floor to the win. Terri is left all alone in the cage with Snow after, but Matt is in there sharpish, grabs the chair, clocks Snow and carries Terri to safety.

Below average TV match. All I could think of was how people used to talk of Al Snow as some super worker and just being bored rigid by him in this match. Finish was a surprise as it came out of nowhere.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-01-03-WWF-Raw] Jeff Hardy vs Al Snow (Cage)
  • 8 months later...

So, this match really sucked a lot. Terri is a terrible fit for the Hardy Boys and it also makes no sense to even have her involved inside the cage. Al Snow doesn't really come off as being scary enough for her to be terrified and she is awful at acting like she is terrified anyway. Then it screws with the psychology because how in the world is babyface Jeff supposed to just climb out and leave her behind in the cage with this "lunatic" Al Snow? Matt comes in after the match while the door is still chained, so why didn't he just do that during the actual match? And why did Terri wait for Jeff to leave the cage before she tried to climb out? This whole thing was dumb and crowd did not care about it at all. The only things in this match worth looking at was the weird cutter move from the top of the cage and the cool escape from Jeff with the flip over the top that I haven't seen before.