Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-03-13-TNA-Destination X] Jeff Hardy vs Abyss

GOTNW

Here we go again! I actually liked the opening quite a bit, them brawling outside the arena was surprisingly fun, probably because I'd much rather watch them slam each other onto walls than exchange weak punches. Jeff Hardy most certainly jumped of a high place. Match seemed to flow really well until the dreaded obvious setting up of spots began. Lots of things I disliked there: Hardy going for a Twist Of Fate with a different arm to set up a counter, Abyss running the ropes one more time so he could be in position for Hardy to kick him in the balls (I did like that as a counter even if they did give it away), pretty much any time Hardy sets up a chair when he could do the same move he does without jumping on it and it would look better and be more efficient. Aaaaaaaaand doing the Twist Of Fate stunner-style when you're trying to smash someone's face into a ladder is also stupid. I always disliked the "stunner onto a object" spots actually. Looked like it hurt Austin's ass more than the other guy. I did enjoy watching these two take stupid bumps and Hardy's Diving Legdrop in particular looked super nasty. **1/4

• 6 months later...

Even worst than their previous match. Hardy is a worst version of New Jack, really. We get a dive from high scafolings into two tables early on, which doesn't mean more than a transitionnal boot in the face. Truly awful work. The kind of garbage that deserve its name. Jeff Hardy is a complete tool of a worker. Oh, we get a thumbtack bump at the end. How useless. Can't wait 'till Abyss is paired up with someone he can actually work to something fun. Hardy drags everyone down to the pits, so whoever is next is cursed.

• GSR changed the title to [2005-03-13-TNA-Destination X] Jeff Hardy vs Abyss
  • 5 months later...