Pro Wrestling Only

[1984-09-03-WCCW-Fort Worth, TX] Jake Roberts vs Chris Adams

Superstar Sleeze

WCCW TV Champion Jake The Snake Roberts vs Chris Adams - WCCW 9/3/84

I thought they could have done a cool Superkick vs DDT match, but Jake never even teased the DDT. Weird. Still a very good match. Adams is with Gary Hart, but this about a month before the turn on Kevin so he is a babyface. They tease the Superkick a lot early, which is great. I love Jake's selling of this and the way he backs into the corner. The match picks up when Adams misses a legdrop and Jake pulls out a foreign object and hits Adams in the throat. So Adams gets one from Hart but goes flying over the top rope before he can use it. Jake goes after the throat with a double thrust. Hart puts Adams' foot on the ropes. It is clear this is a match that is advancing the Adams heel turn. He needs Gary Hart's help and will lead to the fans' feeling conflicted. Jake hits his short arm clothesline, but Gary Hart is on the apron so he goes after him. Adams superkicks his head off. Very good little TV title match that advanced Adams story and I thought Jake looked great in this. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1984-09-03-WCCW-Fort Worth, TX] Jake Roberts vs Chris Adams