Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-05-20-PWG-Prince] Chris Hero vs Jeff Cobb

GOTNW

There were two Chris Hero performances in this match. The first one was great. I really liked the beginning with Cobb throwing Hero around and Hero did a great job of cutting him off, first with a big boot when Cobb dared him to shoulder block him, then with a surprise punch when Cobb was on offence and then again with a big boot after Cobb did a backflip to show off. The second one was dogshit. I can get beihind Cobb no selling a Piledriver beccause he is a monster with no neck, Hero no selling an amazing looking German Suplex only to go back onto offence was pure trash. Then he did it AGAIN, only this time it was after like five suplexes. And speaking of them-I can accept Hero continuing to get up after getting dropped on his head as a feeding method-lord knows how many times I've seen it in puro-but his selling while he was doing so was pretty terrible and yeah-he just went back onto offence after getting him with all of those suplexes. Also none of his rolling elbows make for convincing nearfalls anymore so I just end up wishing the match would end already. There's also something to be said about how his bullying performances result in him not even trying to win the match at many points and as a result both make his opponent look like a joke and result in uninteresting work before he cuts them off again-his cut offs are usually very good and I will give credit for him. He also sloooooowed a rolling elbow attempt and made feeding Cobb his Side slam thing too obvious. Watching this only confirmed my doubts he is a legitimate best in the world contender this year. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2016-05-20-PWG-Prince] Chris Hero vs Jeff Cobb