Pro Wrestling Only

UFC 200: Because Lesnar is a Pro Wrestler

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a single mention of the other tests he took in the same time span that didn't get flagged? Really? Y'all so quick to jump on the "he doped" train that you can only speculate his guilt instead of bringing up some recent news on it?

Not a single mention of the other tests he took in the same time span that didn't get flagged? Really? Y'all so quick to jump on the "he doped" train that you can only speculate his guilt instead of bringing up some recent news on it?

Does one passed test affect the failure of another test? Pretty much everyone ever caught doping passed a test at some point.

Multiple passed tests. He was tested 8 times in the month up to the fight and only one popped a flag. I can't find the average number of tests each fighter undergoes, but 8/month means two tests a week. What substance would he have taken on the banned list that could disappear in 2-3 days?

I'm not saying it's beyond the realm of possibility, but it doesn't seem as concrete as the comments in this thread would imply.

It just seems like a witch hunt to me. Here's a guy who's been called a freak of nature due to his strength and training regimen, one test out of eight is flagged (which he's provided a B-sample for), and the majority jump on to talk about it as if it were already proven fact. Am I saying he's 100% clean? No. Am I saying we shouldn't rush to conclusions when the evidence is actually in his favor? Yes.

Get that "eye test" crap out of here. Some people on the gas don't look like it and vice versa.

There are natural limits to how much muscle the human body can handle regardless of training methods, and Brock Lesnar is clearly well past that point without even having to get into his age. Also, just look at his massive trapezius muscles. Those are a definite sign of doping as well, since they have a lot of androgen receptors and, thus, tend to grow quickly when one is using steroids.

It just seems like a witch hunt to me. Here's a guy who's been called a freak of nature due to his strength and training regimen, one test out of eight is flagged (which he's provided a B-sample for), and the majority jump on to talk about it as if it were already proven fact. Am I saying he's 100% clean? No. Am I saying we shouldn't rush to conclusions when the evidence is actually in his favor? Yes.

Get that "eye test" crap out of here. Some people on the gas don't look like it and vice versa.

Dude, if we went by this rationale no one in the history of sports would ever be guilty. The drugs, doctors, and masking agents tend to be years ahead of the drug tests. If one out of eight isn't good enough, nothing is good enough.

Here is a list of all the people who have tested positive for banned substances since the UFC has gone to USADA testing. Note how short the half-lifes are for these substances, it is nearly impossible to catch someone dirty.

https://www.the-newshub.com/combat/comprehensive-list-of-every-fail-since-the-ufc-introduced-usadas-new-drug-testing-policy

Here is a list of all the people who have tested positive for banned substances since the UFC has gone to USADA testing. Note how short the half-lifes are for these substances, it is nearly impossible to catch someone dirty.

https://www.the-newshub.com/combat/comprehensive-list-of-every-fail-since-the-ufc-introduced-usadas-new-drug-testing-policy

ESPN is reporting that the substance Brock tested positive for was clomiphene, the same estrogen blocker in Jon Jones' failure. I'm nowhere close to an export, but a cursory search online indicates that one of the metabolites has a variable half-life of 5-7 days or longer. I'm curious what plan they had to evade detection (they must've had one, given the money on the line) and why it failed.

Lesnar is blaming the failure on an inhaler that he used a few weeks ago, which is going to be a pretty strange excuse (even by MMA standards) if he did in fact fail for clomiphene.

What's the source for that? The supposed original source I found is a Sherdog post by an unknown user that has been discredited: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brock-popped-positive-for-rad-med-mod-edit-this-guy-is-trolling.3293585/

Man, he was granted an exemption from the 4-month testing scheme pretty specifically to get all the shit out of his system, and he still failed two tests. UFC is really lucky his results came out after the PPV.

Also, every fighter who has ever failed a test has had multiple successful ones around the same time-frame. Plus, we do not know the kind of tests these were. This might have been a blood test while the others were simply piss tests.

As people said, doping is almost always far ahead of the testing. Given his failure and that of Jon Jones, I am guessing they developed a new way of testing estrogen blockers.