Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-01-08-DDT-DNA] Konosuke Takeshita vs Kota Umeda

GOTNW

Takeshita, much like Okada, is a tall young guy. Thus DDT pushes him pretty hard. Much like Okada he isn't very good at pro wrestling. He just has no clue what to do. His early leg selling was eye rolling and on the bad side of melodrama. When you sell something as much as he sold the leg and then just drop it after two minutes it looks ridiculous. If he'd sold it less I would've been completely fine with it but this way it just looked comical. I liked Umeda on offence, he threw a lot of cool kick variations and had real intensity behind them, always looking to hurt Takeshita, who on the other hand would do a move, then try to remember where the hell he is for about fifteen seconds, and then do another move, and that really was every control segment of his, move weird pause move weird pause, it looked completely unnatural, I imagine stunt doubles used in fight scenes in D-level movies would make for better pro wrestlers than him. Match went too long considering it was between two guys at their experience/skill level and was very rough around the edges with plenty miscommunication especially once it got closer to the finish. I'm sure Takeshita could be able to find a job outside of wrestling via being tall and pretty and I hope he chooses to do so. **

• GSR changed the title to [2016-01-08-DDT-DNA] Konosuke Takeshita vs Kota Umeda