Pro Wrestling Only

[1980-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Jonathan Boyd vs Nick Kozak

shoe

This was a real solid match. Both guys worked hard. I enjoyed the limb work. Boyd's forearms were really nasty. The match had a lot of energy to it. I liked how Boyd would disguise his cheating. I hated Kozak just using the chair in front of the ref. A real fun 2nd match on the card. 2 1/2*

• 1 year later...

Pretty much a pro wrestling 101 match. They start out with Kozak immediately going for the arm. Some more scientific wrestling ensues where Boyd stays in control cheating on almost every move. Eventually Nick fires up and Boyd bumps really huge for the first punch. Boys tries to smuggle a god damn boomerang into the ring, leading to Kozak bashing him with the chair. Boyd rakes the eye and Kozak is selling that eye rake like a motherfucker. Boyd lands some shots to the back of the neck then applies the NECK CLAW while Boesch goes into the science of the rabit punch. Kozak keeps coming back, but Boys posts him. Some more work on the back before Boyd secures it with a basic neck snap. Pro wrestling can be very enjoyable when it's done with a brain.

• GSR changed the title to [1980-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Jonathan Boyd vs Nick Kozak