Pro Wrestling Only

[1980-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Tim Brooks vs Gran Markus

shoe

This was solid match. I liked Brooks using elbows and knees. I enjoyed the narrative of Marcus working the arm. They ended up going in a different direction. Brooks is a guy who worked all over Texas. He was never a great worker in the ring, but a great worker when it came to character work and gimmick.

• 1 year later...

This was an extremely basic undercard match where they get good heat. Brooks had some really nice corner bumps and Markus was constantly punching away at him. Punching him in the shoulder, the ribs, the jaw... Markus really seemed like he was punishing the guy. He was selling the whole thing to the backrow too. Gino Hernandez is also at ringside and goes after Markus post match. Fun stuff and even though it's about the same workrate as the previous AJPW match it's much better.

So according to Boesch Gran Markus turned babyface last week after being attacked by Gino and is now feuding with him and Killer Brooks and I thought that was conveyed nicely here, with Markus being really fired up and energetic with his punches. So far Houston seems like a real nuts and bolts promotion, nothing super high end, but just very solid and logical. Im really enjoying it so far.

• GSR changed the title to [1980-01-11-Houston Wrestling] Tim Brooks vs Gran Markus